Raith Rovers

Lambies Lost Doo

Just now, westertonjagfan said:

Aye, so guess what idiot with a weak bladder went to the toilet in the JHS at 96 minutes of today's game and was standing drying his hands at the 97th minute when the place erupted. Yep, me. It'll be Jagzone later tonight for me to see the goal. 

I'm curious how good or bad the stream was? 

• Haha 2

Strange game. Couldn’t see the first 45 as it was mainly played at the other end of the park! 

Second 45 was frustrating until the last minute, our forward play was so predictable and laboured at times, a real ongoing concern. We fluffed a couple of real sitters though.
But there’s no doubt we deserved the 3 points. Unless Sneddon was busy making hidden from view saves in the fog I think he didn’t have a thing to do all day. 
In the end a great win (fine margins though, eh?) and underlined by Killie sacking  Wright after an abandoned game.. shows you how much pressure they are under to go straight back up.

I will be having a beer when I get home, savouring a last gasp deserved 3 points and toasting McDonalds futile time wasting and the look on his face at the end:party:

Btw.. was anyone able to actually see the goal from the JL stand or did you rely on the city end of the JH stand to let you know? :clapping:

1 minute ago, westertonjagfan said:

Aye, so guess what idiot with a weak bladder went to the toilet in the JHS at 96 minutes of today's game and was standing drying his hands at the 97th minute when the place erupted. Yep, me. It'll be Jagzone later tonight for me to see the goal. 

Ooft schoolboy error. Just cross your legs next time. 

You'll need bloody good eyesight to get get much from the tv coverage. 

• Like 1

That was a very decent performance after the rubbish of the  last few games. We ran that match from start to finish. I couldn't work out if a man had been sent of or not, and couldn't see enough to count their players. We seen nothing of the goal but celebrated it anyway. Isn't it a cracking feeling driving home after a win like that. My grandson never stopped talking the whole way home.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

You probably had as good a view of it from the gents as we had in the far end of the J.H.S..It was only the noise of the crowd that we realized it was a goal..

• Haha 1

Because of the fog i could not see the bing end goal or much by the half way line. But i thought we deserved to win, much improved from last week, thought Raith looked poor from what i could see. Couldn't see our goal because of fog. So hope somebody posts it. Didn't see @Camallain in his usual spot in the John Lambie stand.

I thought I had seen it all over the years at Firhill...but today I didn't see most of the game...it was like a giant version of spot the ball...apparently Raith had a man sent off.  I have no doubt the game was "playable" as the referee could probably see both goals but as a public entertainment it was a farce...although a last minute winner against a keeper who feigned injury and wasted time was very sweet.

I am pretty sure we were the better team as most of the play in the first half disappeared  into the far penalty box and in the second half there were waves of attacks coming out of the fog. We had several good chances we failed to put away but the goal came down the left wing on the part of the pitch I could see and I celebrated the goal more than any this season...wasn't sure of the scorer but didn't care.

Can't wait to see it  again from Camallain's spot in the John Lambie Stand...I don't think he has ever failed to post a Thistle goal at Firhill.

• Like 1

In John Lambie Stand, so saw nothing of the goal. I understand that Turner was the scorer. Could somebody who did see it give a description of the passage of  play which ended with the goal?

PS Iain McCall interview on official website indicates that Kyle Turner "popped up" with the goal and Ross McIver provided the assist.

Edited by partickthedog
PS

6 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

In John Lambie Stand, so saw nothing of the goal. I understand that Turner was the scorer. Could somebody who did see it give a description of the passage of  play which ended with the goal?

What I saw was a free kick in our half, I am sure it was Turner!, played into the box, not sure the next passage of play, but ended up at the far post, McIver headed back into the box and Turner popped up to put it into the net.

• Thanks 1

I was listening to Superscoreboard after the game and a Killie fan came on saying that TW had a clause(no pun intended) in his contract saying if they were outwith the playoffs at xmas he could leave with less compensation and that the late Thistle goal put Killie out the playoff zone, so Turner got Wright the sack! I think we might still have been 4th on goal difference with a draw but who cares! Thistle should be offering refunds on the stream, imagine not being able to control the weather!

Just now, exiledjag said:

Why was there as much as 6/7 minutes added time? Did the Ref have a long friendly chat with Berra before giving him a red card?

Jamie McDonald was doing about 3 laps round the goal at every bye kick then was lying ko’d for a few mins trying to waste time but then got up and played on no bother. GIRUY Jamie!

2 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Why was there as much as 6/7 minutes added time? Did the Ref have a long friendly chat with Berra before giving him a red card?

cos McDonald and a few other Raith players wasted some amount of time. Fair play to the ref for adding on a decent bit of time. No idea why the red card, but the ref was close to it so he obviously saw something that deserved it. I don't think Berra complained much

2 minutes ago, jaggy said:

cos McDonald and a few other Raith players wasted some amount of time. Fair play to the ref for adding on a decent bit of time. No idea why the red card, but the ref was close to it so he obviously saw something that deserved it. I don't think Berra complained much

Seems red card was for a high tackles on Smith!

28 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

PS Iain McCall interview on official website indicates that Kyle Turner "popped up" with the goal and Ross McIver provided the assist.

Tiff got one one-on-one with the Raith right back, beat him to the line and stood it up beyond the back post. MacIver headered back across and Turner swept in. He will have been a relieved man as he missed a sitter minutes earlier. 

We totally dominated the game, pressed much better than last week and missed quite a lot of chances. We did though look better and more composed against 11 than 10 where we were just hoofing it forward. 

Need to enjoy Mayo and Tunji as a partnership whilst we can. Mention also to Foster who had Zanatta in his back pocket all day. 

Rudden could be a great striker, makes good runs at times no bags of pace, but could do with some one-on-ones with Dools to learn how to control a ball, his first touch is awful 

18 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

The ref played 5 mins extra time. With the subs, the red card and the blatant time wasting that was about right. Only a few seconds left on the clock when we scored.