Raith Rovers

Lambies Lost Doo

Couldn't get to the game so watched the stream. Anything near the old stand was near impossible to see.

Apart from finishing chances that was probably one of the best performances all season. Totally dominated Raith, created numerous chance and a fair score would have been 3 or 4 nil. Whilst the sending off took away any suggestion of Raith scoring we were already completely over running them. Raith are a decent team and I don't think anyone else in the league has completely outplayed them like we did today.

Playing surface looked terrible but we played some decent football on it today.

Scoring a late goal like that is usually more important than just clinching the 3 points. Getting our first goal in 3 games hopefully instills some belief that we can find the net more regularly and thats us now beaten 2 of the top 4.

Not bad for a team that this time last year was just about to lose at home to Peterhead and were a distant 3rd in the league 1 title race.

1 hour ago, exiledjag said:

Why was there as much as 6/7 minutes added time? Did the Ref have a long friendly chat with Berra before giving him a red card?

Think 6+ minutes about right. 5 x 2nd half substitutions,  The Berra sending off was rather protracted, but above all MacDonald pissed around at a scale that would have made Tomas Cerny blush. 

One of my recollections of real foggy games is the one player you could make out in the goalmouth is the goalie, who'd be wearing a traditional bright jersey. Perhaps only Thistle would kit their goalie out today in a grey kit!

2 hours ago, JAG1970 said:

Strange game. Couldn’t see the first 45 as it was mainly played at the other end of the park! 

Second 45 was frustrating until the last minute, our forward play was so predictable and laboured at times, a real ongoing concern. We fluffed a couple of real sitters though.
But there’s no doubt we deserved the 3 points. Unless Sneddon was busy making hidden from view saves in the fog I think he didn’t have a thing to do all day. 
In the end a great win (fine margins though, eh?) and underlined by Killie sacking  Wright after an abandoned game.. shows you how much pressure they are under to go straight back up.

I will be having a beer when I get home, savouring a last gasp deserved 3 points and toasting McDonalds futile time wasting and the look on his face at the end:party:

Btw.. was anyone able to actually see the goal from the JL stand or did you rely on the city end of the JH stand to let you know? :clapping:

You missed nothing in the second half, Sneddon had nothing to do. I could hardly see by the half way line and did not see our goal, so yes i had to rely on other fans reaction to know we scored. Got a description of the goal walking away from Firhill from some fans who were in the JHS. Also today was the second outing for my balaclava, the first being in the cup against Dunfermline, so a Fife double and a 100% win record for it. :ph34r::fan:

12 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Think 6+ minutes about right. 5 x 2nd half substitutions,  The Berra sending off was rather protracted, but above all MacDonald pissed around at a scale that would have made Tomas Cerny blush. 

One of my recollections of real foggy games is the one player you could make out in the goalmouth is the goalie, who'd be wearing a traditional bright jersey. Perhaps only Thistle would kit their goalie out today in a grey kit!

I thought it was purple, just shows how foggy it was!

3 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

Aye, so guess what idiot with a weak bladder went to the toilet in the JHS at 96 minutes of today's game and was standing drying his hands at the 97th minute when the place erupted. Yep, me. It'll be Jagzone later tonight for me to see the goal. 

You probably had as good a view of it from the gents as we had in the far end of the J.H.S..It was only the noise of the crowd that we realized it was a goal..

2 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Is there anyone old enough to remember us scoring in the 95 minute to win a game. Or is this another club record..??? Over to you guys..

Not quite winning a game, but Billy Gibson scoring in the 127th minute at Peterhead is up there.

As was Kris Doolan at the now Spaghettihad.

Desperately trying to find a winner that fits the criterion.

Anyway, that was very nice today wasn't it??

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

11.30  game on Jagzone ..horrendous viewing, how the game was not abandoned God only knows..Still a great win for the Jags....

As far as I'm aware that if the ref can see both goals and touchlines from the centre spot then it's playable, and given the result I'm glad it was.

I never saw much of our efforts in their box in the first but saw the 2nd half and goal ok.

Did we hit the post in the first half?

8 minutes ago, jaggy said:

As far as I'm aware that if the ref can see both goals and touchlines from the centre spot then it's playable, and given the result I'm glad it was.

I never saw much of our efforts in their box in the first but saw the 2nd half and goal ok.

According to the match report on the Raith Rovers website Tiffoney hit the post.

Nice to see that RR's fans and Manager are saying we deserved to win the game. However McGlynn is also  saying from what he could see the Berra tackle on Smith wasn't even a yellow card never mind a red! Also said condition of the pitch was poor!

11 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Holt had a cross first half that evaded everyone and came back off the post. It was seconds before Smith had a great chance that he put just past the other post. 

2 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

According to the match report on the Raith Rovers website Tiffoney hit the post.

Nice to see that RR's fans and Manager are saying we deserved to win the game. However McGlynn is also  saying from what he could see the Berra tackle on Smith wasn't even a yellow card never mind a red! Also said condition of the pitch was poor!

If McGlynn doesn't think that tackle was a red he's delusional. If he doesn't think it was even a yellow he seriously needs to seek help. Bannigan was (correctly) given a red for a very similar challenge a couple of seasons ago. Think it might have been Zannata's debut against Ayr. 

I can't think of any of our players who hide but I can think of some players over the years who 'faded or fell out' of a games.

In our great promotion winning team Forbes often fell out of games, also our African right winger who did the Cruyff Turn at St Johnstone (can't recall his name), and more recently I felt Cardle was prone to falling out of a game. In the current team I suggest Smith has similar traits.

I think though saying they hide is a bit harsh. I suggest the more accurate description is that the players concerned are off form or perhaps just not good enough to play at the level the team has reached or to do what the managers is asking them to do.

I can't imagine Docherty allowing players to hide.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

If McGlynn doesn't think that tackle was a red he's delusional. If he doesn't think it was even a yellow he seriously needs to seek help. Bannigan was (correctly) given a red for a very similar challenge a couple of seasons ago. Think it might have been Zannata's debut against Ayr. 

I wasn't able to get to today's game and that's why I took the time to read about the game on both Club websites  and also listen to McGlynn's interview on Raith TV. I think though that there was no protest from Berra says it all!

4 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I can't think of any of our players who hide but I can think of some players over the years who 'faded or fell out' of a games.

In our great promotion winning team Forbes often fell out of games, also our African right winger who did the Cruyff Turn at St Johnstone (can't recall his name), and more recently I felt Cardle was prone to falling out of a game. In the current team I suggest Smith has similar traits.

I think though saying they hide is a bit harsh. I suggest the more accurate description is that the players concerned are off form or perhaps just not good enough to play at the level the team has reached or to do what the managers is asking them to do.

I can't imagine Docherty allowing players to hide.

David Amoo. Absolutely brilliant piece of play, but strangely I think that it was his last telling contribution for Thistle.

8 hours ago, partickthedog said:

David Amoo. Absolutely brilliant piece of play, but strangely I think that it was his last telling contribution for Thistle.

Thank you for this.

I recall seeing him in a number of games but the one which stands out was a 1- 0 defeat at Ross Co which if I recall correctly prevented us getting  6th position . 

He ran up and down the right touchline all afternoon and not once did he try to take on the full back, cut inside or play a cross into the box. On the few occasions he touched the ball he passed it back or inside the longest pass being about 5 yards. Totally infective and looked completely disinterested.

10 hours ago, exiledjag said:

I wasn't able to get to today's game and that's why I took the time to read about the game on both Club websites  and also listen to McGlynn's interview on Raith TV. I think though that there was no protest from Berra says it all!

My first reaction was, there's someone who wants some time off over Xmas. Very strange to see a very experienced centreback tackling that recklessly so far up the pitch.

25 minutes ago, javeajag said:

SPFL Championship
Form Guide
Points Last Six

Partick Thistle 13
Arbroath 12
Raith Rovers 11
Inverness CT 10
Hamilton Accies 8
QoS 7
Dunfermline 7
Kilmarnock 6
Morton 4
Ayr Utd 3

Over 10 games we are equal top with arbroath and raith with 19 points. Not so shabby...

4 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Thank you for this.

I recall seeing him in a number of games but the one which stands out was a 1- 0 defeat at Ross Co which if I recall correctly prevented us getting  6th position . 

He ran up and down the right touchline all afternoon and not once did he try to take on the full back, cut inside or play a cross into the box. On the few occasions he touched the ball he passed it back or inside the longest pass being about 5 yards. Totally infective and looked completely disinterested.

The other thing that was strange about him was when we had a throw in near his "attacking wing corner". Normally you would see a winger buzzing back and forward trying to bamboozle the defence and/or steal a yard of space. Tiffoney would be an example. Yet Amoo never moved. I was not sure if that was him being lazy or whether it was a cunning "double bluff".

However, for a winger he was surprisingly good in the air, and also an effective close range finisher, so he did bag more than  his fair share of goals.

18 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Amoo did often give the impression he didn't care much.

But I recall with fondness his cute dummy on the edge of the box, taking out 2 defenders & the keeper, and leaving Dools with a tap-in.  (1-0 v DU at Firhill).

Amoo didn’t care much for the sponsors & supporters at the End of Year Dinner. He looked totally disinterested in conversation.