Raith Rovers

Lambies Lost Doo

41 minutes ago, sandy said:

Nah, he didn’t want to be there. Sadly not an ambassador for the Club like Doolan, Erskine and even Mark Ridgers or Niall Keown were.

I would add Scott MacDonald to that list. Only with us for half a season but the main reason we stayed in the Championship under Caldwell. When i presented him with the Jags Disabled Supporters Player Of The Year Trophy which had Robert's name on it in memory of him he was very interested to hear about Robert and also spent time with myself and Eunice to have pictures taken. A true gent.

012.JPG

Edited by Auld Jag
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

I would add Scott MacDonald to that list. Only with us for half a season but the main reason we stayed in the Championship under Caldwell. When i presented him with the Jags Disabled Supporters Player Of The Year Trophy which had Robert's name on it in memory of him he was very interested to hear about Robert and also spent time with myself and Eunice to have pictures taken. A true gent.

012.JPG

You are right @auldjag - Scott was indeed great 

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

012.JPG

That is beautiful.

No other words because they could not do justice to that photograph.

• Thanks 1

I wasn't unhappy or surprised when Amoo  left to return South. I was disappointed when we let Ade Azeez go. I felt there was a player in there and I thought for a big man (not exceptionally big) he was quick, strong and gave us a good physical presence up front. I would liked to have seen him and Doolin forming a striking partnership. He took a lot of criticism when he played for us which I thought was unfair as he was still a relatively young man learning his trade.

After he returned South his career was blighted by injuries and he is now playing for Dartford.

19 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I wasn't unhappy or surprised when Amoo  left to return South. I was disappointed when we let Ade Azeez go. I felt there was a player in there and I thought for a big man (not exceptionally big) he was quick, strong and gave us a good physical presence up front. I would liked to have seen him and Doolin forming a striking partnership. He took a lot of criticism when he played for us which I thought was unfair as he was still a relatively young man learning his trade.

After he returned South his career was blighted by injuries and he is now playing for Dartford.

I still believe the loss of Azeez was second only to Lindsay in our fall from 6th to 11th and relegation. Azeez played in every game pre-split that season, and absolutely terrified defences. Of course his finishing was rubbish, but he offered so much more. I absolutely believe we would not have gone down that season had we kept him

I liked Azeez and I'm sure he would've been a useful asset when we dropped down to the Championship. Just coming off the bench with his strength and pace would've been useful. One thing for certain (using hindsight) if given the choice of Azeez or his successor (Miles Storey) I'd opt for Big Ade any day.

As an aside, and we probably never had much chance of signing him, it looks like yon Jordan Turnbull has turned out to be a decent player. Might even have filled that gap left by Liam Lindsay.

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I liked Azeez and I'm sure he would've been a useful asset when we dropped down to the Championship. Just coming off the bench with his strength and pace would've been useful. One thing for certain (using hindsight) if given the choice of Azeez or his successor (Miles Storey) I'd opt for Big Ade any day.

As an aside, and we probably never had much chance of signing him, it looks like yon Jordan Turnbull has turned out to be a decent player. Might even have filled that gap left by Liam Lindsay.

Jordan Turnbull's main asset was that you could spell his name with 3 emojis.

Having considered and reviewed Saturday, we should have won much more comfortably.

We created a lot of chances which were squandered by no profligate strikers. Additionally, our play in the final third was not great despite the chances created. Our back 4 and mid 2 totally dominated the opposition.

Foster seemed to put the frighteners on that wee lamb Zanatta.  Not sure if he’s the kind of guy to intimidate or whether he had a quiet word in the gentle boy’s ear but the wafer thin s’bag disappeared up his own canal after 1 minute’s play.  I think he was hiding in Foster’s back pocket. Brilliant stuff Ricky!

• Haha 1

Don't know if anybody else has thought about this. Once again a goal scored at the bing end in unusual circumstances. We have had 2 legitimate goals scored but not given by the officials and now a goal scored that a good percentage of the crowd could not see. I suppose we should be thankful the officials seen it this time. :thinking:

On 12/18/2021 at 6:36 PM, Auld Jag said:

Because of the fog i could not see the bing end goal or much by the half way line. But i thought we deserved to win, much improved from last week, thought Raith looked poor from what i could see. Couldn't see our goal because of fog. So hope somebody posts it. Didn't see @Camallain in his usual spot in the John Lambie stand.

I wasn't there and quite frankly I suspect trying to video action at he city end would have been a complete waste of time. Given the poor quality of the Jagzone coverage from the half way line I would have stood no chance of getting the goal. That said l was listening to the audio coverage on Jagzone and I did kind of lose it a bit when we scored :thumbsup: mon the Jags.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Camallain said:

I wasn't there and quite frankly I suspect trying to video action at he city end would have been a complete waste of time. Given the poor quality of the Jagzone coverage from the half way line I would have stood no chance of getting the goal. That said l was listening to the audio coverage on Jagzone and I did kind of lose it a bit when we scored :thumbsup: mon the Jags.

I doubt even your very good goal capturing skills would have managed to see through the fog to get this one. I was only certain we had scored when i seen the players coming back from the foggy haze to kick off again. I actually didn't see the goal until 6 1/2 hours after we scored it.

2 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I doubt even your very good goal capturing skills would have managed to see through the fog to get this one. I was only certain we had scored when i seen the players coming back from the foggy haze to kick off again. I actually didn't see the goal until 6 1/2 hours after we scored it.

I watched the stream, couldn't see it. All I saw was Tiffoney crossing it, then the commentators shouting' goal'. Lol

50 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I really don't know why you are all making such a fuss about it, I watched the stream and it was quite clear - the ball came in, the Loch Ness Monster headed it down and Lord Lucan volleyed it in!

Ah! That makes a lot more sense. Some folk were trying to wind me up, telling me it was Ross MacIver who headed it down. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

I really don't know why you are all making such a fuss about it, I watched the stream and it was quite clear - the ball came in, the Loch Ness Monster headed it down and Lord Lucan volleyed it in!

Well. Thank you for clearing that up. What took you so long? Now, I can sleep. Goodnight! Always said Nessie was a great signing. The jury is out on Lucan though!

Edited by Garscube Road End 2