No fans for 3 weeks

Lenziejag

15 hours ago, Kingleo said:

As jordanhill jag points out it’s too simple to blame the unjabbed for this. I know plenty of people who have been triple jabbed and are getting it and will then be passing it on. Jabs stop you getting really sick. Other than that we have to get on with it. We can’t keep opening up, locking down , opening up, tier two, tier three, opening. It will kill people every year, just like flu. This culture of fear and scaremongering has to stop. What’s the point of being alive if you can’t actually live?

Around 90% of people in uk hospitals with covid just now are unvaccinated. If people get sick with covid but hardly any were ending up in hospital we would not be in the current situation re crowd sizes etc. 

Edited by p12tfc

1 hour ago, a f kincaid said:

Someone on radio this morning explained that Sky's contract does not give them the right to say when Old Firm matches can be played - only that they have the rights to broadcast them whenever payed. Re-arranging the fixtures by SPFL is not in breach of the contract apparently.

Even so, would the SPFL want to risk upsetting SKY? Oh, no worries. I forgot Doncaster is a master negotiator when it comes to sponsorships.

58 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Even so, would the SPFL want to risk upsetting SKY? Oh, no worries. I forgot Doncaster is a master negotiator when it comes to sponsorships.

Seems to me that with the number of cancellations in the English leagues that Sky would be desperate for alternative games that they could broadcast to fill their schedules and feed a captive audience. That might be even more of a problem if the Scottish Premier league go into an early winter break.

If we had master negotiater and someone with a bit of foresight they would have been heavily promoting the close run Championship title and relegation race with top of the table clashes due for this weekend such us v ICT etc. Likewise for league 1. I know we probably have commitments to BBC but at the very least a good negotiator would be using this scenario to increase the price the BBC pay.

Instead of which there Doncaster et al are scrambling about trying to do something to keep the premier league going which further feeds the idea that its all that Scottish Football can offer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, p12tfc said:

Around 90% of people in uk hospitals with covid just now are unvaccinated. If people get sick with covid but hardly any were ending up in hospital we would not be in the current situation re crowd sizes etc. 

⬆️

This is how the unvaccinated affect us all. Filling up hospitals.

I still believe in their right to refuse though even though most are probably doing so due to reading some sh1te on Facebook. 

Shame on all of us on these tiny islands for accepting such devastating mismanagement of this pandemic. The figures are simply staggering. Far worse than our neighbours in Western Europe and many lees developed nations too. Currently, over 90,000 cases per day. That's in excess of 1 new infection every second. All day, every day. And those are the known cases. Ninety thousand plus family plus close contacts. At a very conservative estimate, that's well over a quarter of a million people added to the numbers isolating each day.

Yet there are still people arguing that their civil liberties are being eroded by heavy-handed politicians who have a vendetta against football.

It seems to me that these are fairly light-touch measures to try to protect human life and the well-being of those tasked with looking after those inflicted.

Let's be thankful that we can all enjoy Christmas unfettered. Eat, drink and be merry...

Ho Ho Ho.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, thebiglemon said:

⬆️

This is how the unvaccinated affect us all. Filling up hospitals.

I still believe in their right to refuse though even though most are probably doing so due to reading some sh1te on Facebook. 

Let’s blame unvaccinated now for NHS capacity issues, previously it was immigrants, maybe next year it will be meat eaters.

Bed capacity in all regions of UK has dropped by more than 10% in last decade, whilst population has not only risen its got older.

Non-vaccinated aren’t the issue mismanagement of the health services are the real reason, the real bogeyman the non-vaccinated are the strawman in this

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Being vaccinated reduces the risk of catching Covid and therefore reduces the risk of spreading Covid. It really is that simple. I genuinely do not understand why you wouldn’t get vaccinated.

And currently 70-80% of those in hospital are unvaccinated so they are causing misery to health workers 

8 minutes ago, javeajag said:

And currently 70-80% of those in hospital are unvaccinated so they are causing misery to health workers 

As a number of people have said similar completely untrue figures this is a summary of the latest data from Scottish government:

https://twitter.com/FreedomPodcast1/status/1471201265178845186/

Data can be found at this link:

https://publichealthscotland.scot/media/10853/21-12-15-covid19-winter_publication_report.pdf

• Like 2

I was going to quote from one or more quotes on this thread but there are just too many now, many from people who clearly have  little or no scientific knowledge of the subject about which they speak. My reply is have you heard of the diseases tetanus, rubella, measles, whooping cough, mumps and diphtheria amongst others!!!!!!!!!!  No, well  f****** educate yourselves, because I’m betting neither you nor anybody you know, or are related to, have suffered from any of them within the last (roughly) 50 years. And don’t start about flu and it’s endless variations because the vaccination for that also saves countless lives here and throughout the world, and it constant mutations are why you get jabs every year,  just in case you didn’t understand.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 1

11 minutes ago, Joe Craig’s tache said:

I was going to quote from one or more quotes on this thread but there are just too many now, many from people who clearly have  little or no scientific knowledge of the subject about which they speak. My reply is have you heard of the diseases tetanus, rubella, measles, whooping cough, mumps and diphtheria amongst others!!!!!!!!!!  No, well  f****** educate yourselves, because I’m betting neither you nor anybody you know, or are related to, have suffered from any of them within the last (roughly) 50 years. And don’t start about flu and it’s endless variations because the vaccination for that also saves countless lives here and throughout the world, and it constant mutations are why you get jabs every year,  just in case you didn’t understand.

But none of those are mandatory, none of the people who decided against taking any of those were stigmatized to the scale we have now. I have never had an employer ask if I’m vaccinated against measles, mumps, TB etc, but now I have pub bouncers demanding to know if I’m vaccinated against COVID. This isn’t right.

We should be persuading folk to take a medical intervention not mandating it either in law or by stealth (no vaccinations no job), the NHS is apparently in crisis yet 100000 will lose their jobs next year for not taking a vaccination they haven’t needed working for 2 years in this crisis, but don’t worry we clapped for them every Thursday night.

Its crossing the Rubicon by mandating this, where does it end (and I won’t go into details of the carbon currency launched by China on the back of the vaccination passport that decides where you can spend your money depending on how good a citizen you are), do we state you have to show proof of a flu-jab to enter shops next winter? Does having HIV put your pass RED to prevent you going into a club? Maybe they will mandate a 1 child policy for the poor with a sterilization passport that allows you to work, buy non-essential goods?  Far-fetched?? Look to what China has already done in last 2 years (lockdowns, travel bans, mandated vaccinations, digital vaccination passports, carbon currency linked to your data, and more), and see how Europe is following.

I am far from being Anti-Vaxx I’ve probably had more vaccinations or inoculations than most folk on here due to travel and specifically with my previous job in Middle East/Asia but those were either my choice or my parents to take.

• Like 4

39 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Premier league   take their break early. Three lower leagues vote to play on. Dunfermline announcing they will play their next two home games behind closed doors.

I suspect Dunfermline won’t be the last club to do this. Simply not worth the hassle trying to admit less than 500

6 minutes ago, Norgethistle said:

But none of those are mandatory, none of the people who decided against taking any of those were stigmatized to the scale we have now. I have never had an employer ask if I’m vaccinated against measles, mumps, TB etc, but now I have pub bouncers demanding to know if I’m vaccinated against COVID. This isn’t right.

We should be persuading folk to take a medical intervention not mandating it either in law or by stealth (no vaccinations no job), the NHS is apparently in crisis yet 100000 will lose their jobs next year for not taking a vaccination they haven’t needed working for 2 years in this crisis, but don’t worry we clapped for them every Thursday night.

Its crossing the Rubicon by mandating this, where does it end (and I won’t go into details of the carbon currency launched by China on the back of the vaccination passport that decides where you can spend your money depending on how good a citizen you are), do we state you have to show proof of a flu-jab to enter shops next winter? Does having HIV put your pass RED to prevent you going into a club? Maybe they will mandate a 1 child policy for the poor with a sterilization passport that allows you to work, buy non-essential goods?  Far-fetched?? Look to what China has already done in last 2 years (lockdowns, travel bans, mandated vaccinations, digital vaccination passports, carbon currency linked to your data, and more), and see how Europe is following.

I am far from being Anti-Vaxx I’ve probably had more vaccinations or inoculations than most folk on here due to travel and specifically with my previous job in Middle East/Asia but those were either my choice or my parents to take.

At no point did I demand, or even ask, that it be be made mandatory for anyone to be vaccinated against anything. That would be entirely their own choice, but their arguments against vaccination should be exposed to full scrutiny and exposure, and frankly would struggle to hold water.

4 minutes ago, Joe Craig’s tache said:

At no point did I demand, or even ask, that it be be made mandatory for anyone to be vaccinated against anything. That would be entirely their own choice, but their arguments against vaccination should be exposed to full scrutiny and exposure, and frankly would struggle to hold water.

But others on here are, perhaps their reasoning would struggle to hold water, but, when you look at the most vaccinated and restricted countries in Europe and compare their stats with less vaccinated and less restrictions the counter argument could ensue. 

We now have Tony (WMD) Blair stating we will need jags 4 & 5 next year, it was initially one, then 2, then a booster only for those at risk now 5!!! 
I can fully understand why some folk are reluctant especially when that lying murdering barsteward pops up again telling folk they are idiots for not taking it, they should be forced and your going to need 5 in the course on 18 months for some.

We aren’t vaccinating under 16’s without reason, 3rd dose only to over 40’s yet UK you’re vaccinations will be more regular than a pay slip for many.

43 minutes ago, sandy said:

I suspect Dunfermline won’t be the last club to do this. Simply not worth the hassle trying to admit less than 500

It wouldn't matter if it was 1000 or so as there'd still be no income. Having already seen during the summer the preparations and the level of stewarding required to manage 500 of us, the loss will be substantial. At least there was some gate money back then. Difficult decision for the Club. If they close-door these games the Club runs the risk of upsetting some ST holders. If they ballot in 500 (or whatever) the Club loses more money. 

11 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

It wouldn't matter if it was 1000 or so as there'd still be no income. Having already seen during the summer the preparations and the level of stewarding required to manage 500 of us, the loss will be substantial. At least there was some gate money back then. Difficult decision for the Club. If they close-door these games the Club runs the risk of upsetting some ST holders. If they ballot in 500 (or whatever) the Club loses more money. 

Do the same as Falkirk and open the bars in the club and stream it there. Not sure what capacity of both Alan Rough lounge and Aitken Suite, but probably a good few hundred between them, plus get bar revenue 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, laukat said:

Seems to me that with the number of cancellations in the English leagues that Sky would be desperate for alternative games that they could broadcast to fill their schedules and feed a captive audience. That might be even more of a problem if the Scottish Premier league go into an early winter break.

If we had master negotiater and someone with a bit of foresight they would have been heavily promoting the close run Championship title and relegation race with top of the table clashes due for this weekend such us v ICT etc. Likewise for league 1. I know we probably have commitments to BBC but at the very least a good negotiator would be using this scenario to increase the price the BBC pay.

Instead of which there Doncaster et al are scrambling about trying to do something to keep the premier league going which further feeds the idea that its all that Scottish Football can offer.

Understand what you are saying but there is no guarantee that any game won’t be called off due to Covid.