No fans for 3 weeks

Lenziejag

9 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Premier league to start winter break after games on Sunday. I don't see any benefit for lower league clubs to continue to play in front of approx 400 fans.

Probably for most league 1 and league 2 that’s about as many as usually attend. There will be at least 6 teams in the Championship wanting to try to improve their position in case the league is shut down.

11 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Do the same as Falkirk and open the bars in the club and stream it there. Not sure what capacity of both Alan Rough lounge and Aitken Suite, but probably a good few hundred between them, plus get bar revenue 

Both bars have two ways in and out, which would be useful. But they'll still come under the pub restrictions. All seated & table service only will reduce capacity tho' the one metre between groups isn't much of a problem. 

I'm all for initiatives like this.  I reckon there'll be plenty fans who'd go for that who don't usually buy the stream at home. So there's incremental income alongside good will to be made. Might be more likely to to be a winner with the bar shut (maybe more allowed in, less staffing?) but that would be a commercial judgement.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Hmm... "Infections and injuries." 

Got a few injuries to key players, and maybe somebody with a cold? This is maybe a good time time get the match postponed, with no questions asked..... 

I’m assuming those who are reported as positive will be unavailable for 10 days or is it different rules for footballers 

On 12/22/2021 at 5:19 PM, BowenBoys said:

Shame on all of us on these tiny islands for accepting such devastating mismanagement of this pandemic. The figures are simply staggering. Far worse than our neighbours in Western Europe and many lees developed nations too. Currently, over 90,000 cases per day. That's in excess of 1 new infection every second. All day, every day. And those are the known cases. Ninety thousand plus family plus close contacts. At a very conservative estimate, that's well over a quarter of a million people added to the numbers isolating each day.

The UK does have much higher testing capacity than European neighbours so figures do look higher.  Netherlands in big lockdown but they only have 10% boosted.  Usually Netherlands are 2 weeks ahead of us so I hope that is the case.

1 hour ago, Lenziejag said:

If it is a 10 day isolation period, why isn’t their game on 2nd Jan also off and ICT’s game on 29th ? 
I think some clarity is in order

The game tomorrow was called off due to Covid and injuries. I don't know the numbers but perhaps if some of the (non covid) injured pass fit then they can field a team?

2 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The game tomorrow was called off due to Covid and injuries. I don't know the numbers but perhaps if some of the (non covid) injured pass fit then they can field a team?

That’s what I mean by clarity. I don’t remember games in the past ever being postponed because of injuries. Who determines if a player is injured or not fit and how is it verified ?

• Like 1