No fans for 3 weeks

Lenziejag

4 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

Long way to go. Arbroath are looking good but I'm hoping they will hit a bad patch. One thing for sure I wouldn't fancy playing them in the play offs if that's how it unfolds. 

At this moment in time. If the top 4 are Arbroath, Kilmarnock , Caley and us, I would fear for us against any of them. But. We shall see what transpires in the January cattle market.

Annan Athletic 5 - 1 Kelty Hearts

Employ the same strictures and regulations as they do in horse racing and that result would be under intense scrutiny. Betting pay outs would be suspended and the Fraud Squad would be on stand by.  :)

Random time, folks. Talking about this in the pub yesterday. As David Coleman would no doubt have said "Remarkable"  https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2016/12/25/16/3BA1813200000578-0-image-a-2_1482682007066.jpg .

You forgot Thistle 5-0 Aberdeen M'lady.  [Well, it was the 28th but who cares.]

"Staitley Thistle" (ET).  Staite headed in the opener (26), Hainey took a Cowan pass (44) then Duffy made the 2nd for Staite (45). Rampant Thistle made it 4 when Staite set up Hainey (57). Aberdeen were denied when Brown cleared off the line. Duffy clashed with the keeper he walked the ball into the net (75). 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Kilmarnock v Ayr, now changed from 2nd January to 9th February in the hope of getting a bigger crowd.

That will have a decent crowd however we are losing out on decent gates with 3 home games Ayr,Morton and Kilmarnock during this period so whats to stop us applying the same idea.

12 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Kilmarnock v Ayr, now changed from 2nd January to 9th February in the hope of getting a bigger crowd.

So the clubs agree to play through this period of restricted crowds,first thing Killie do is change a fixture which they hope gives them a bigger crowd,therefore a commercial advantage.Will they keep asking for postponments till we get crowds back?

1 hour ago, falklandal1 said:

So the clubs agree to play through this period of restricted crowds,first thing Killie do is change a fixture which they hope gives them a bigger crowd,therefore a commercial advantage.Will they keep asking for postponments till we get crowds back?

That wouldn't surprise me. Nor would what I mentioned in an earlier post: some clubs reporting covid cases and so asking for a postponement, when what they really have are some injured key players.

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

That wouldn't surprise me. Nor would what I mentioned in an earlier post: some clubs reporting covid cases and so asking for a postponement, when what they really have are some injured key players.

The bottom line is if you don't have enough fit players, whether thru covid or whatever the fixture is postponed. The cynic in me says if your club is approaching the cusp (in terms of unfit players) you'll be having extremely physical pre match training sessions.

Gotta say I don't understand why the Club appears  to be favouring playing on as opposed to rearranging fixtures. From a footballing point of view I don't feel we're carrying any great momentum into tomorrow night's game. We're supposedly strengthening the squad next month, so we should be welcoming any deferred fixture. But the overriding reasoning for postponements are we're missing out income from THREE home games. Compounding that there's not an inconsiderable cost (stewarding etc) playing these matches in front of a restricted attendance.

Perhaps I'm missing something here?

53 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

The bottom line is if you don't have enough fit players, whether thru covid or whatever the fixture is postponed. The cynic in me says if your club is approaching the cusp (in terms of unfit players) you'll be having extremely physical pre match training sessions.

Gotta say I don't understand why the Club appears  to be favouring playing on as opposed to rearranging fixtures. From a footballing point of view I don't feel we're carrying any great momentum into tomorrow night's game. We're supposedly strengthening the squad next month, so we should be welcoming any deferred fixture. But the overriding reasoning for postponements are we're missing out income from THREE home games. Compounding that there's not an inconsiderable cost (stewarding etc) playing these matches in front of a restricted attendance.

Perhaps I'm missing something here?

I can only think it's either we will get compensation from the Scottish government allied to a fear of what happened when the league was called early. There may be a chance of no play offs again.....so whoever is top goes up? Obviously a big ask at the moment. Also we played pretty well with no fans before so maybe less pressure on the players? In saying all of that I'd much prefer we just stopped playing for 3 weeks! 

Arbroath v Hamilton tomorrow now off. Accies with injuries and some Covid issues. Now that probably will take place after Arbroath lose Nouble and Dowds and means more games for them in the 2nd half of the season which should theoretically be harder for the much mentioned part time side. Also makes it more important for us to win tomorrow to get points on the board which, for me, trumps games in hand.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

I didn't put a preference down when applying to get to one of the 3 games in the hope it would give me a better chance, not sure now.

We (son no. 2 and I) have been allocated entry, and I did the same. Following Fawlty Towers' lead above, better a chance to see a game than leaving it to a later one: who knows what new restrictions or cancellations could affect the fixtures schedule?

14 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

We (son no. 2 and I) have been allocated entry, and I did the same. Following Fawlty Towers' lead above, better a chance to see a game than leaving it to a later one: who knows what new restrictions or cancellations could affect the fixtures schedule?

Enjoy the game, hope you see a Thistle victory.

• Sad 1