No fans for 3 weeks

Lenziejag

43 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Here’s hoping. Managed to set up Ayr game on stream tomorrow with coupon sent….seemed easy enough.

I made it harder for myself by forgetting a password I had only used once many months ago, but fortunately got there in the end. After some coming and going with all my details being confirmed, I was suddenly asked if I was a Home or an Away fan!? Not sure how an Away fan could have had a season ticket holder's code.

42 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

I made it harder for myself by forgetting a password I had only used once many months ago, but fortunately got there in the end. After some coming and going with all my details being confirmed, I was suddenly asked if I was a Home or an Away fan!? Not sure how an Away fan could have had a season ticket holder's code.

Did not see that question being asked….Thistle do work in mysterious ways though it seems.

1 hour ago, p12tfc said:

No email re tomorrow night despite Ayr being first choice. No streaming code. Email sent to 3 separate email addresses and yet no reply.

Apart from that everything’s great :frantic:

Same here. I received the email explaining how to bid for attendance and sent it off on time so they clearly have my season ticket recorded against my email account. I also had a covid pass a few weeks ago so my streaming account is linked to the same email address. Despite being in the system twice I have received nothing, nor a response to my follow up emails which were sent as per their instructions. 

On 12/22/2021 at 11:39 PM, Norgethistle said:

Do the same as Falkirk and open the bars in the club and stream it there. Not sure what capacity of both Alan Rough lounge and Aitken Suite, but probably a good few hundred between them, plus get bar revenue 

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/aitken-suite-open-during-tonights-game-against-ayr-united/

• 2 weeks later...

With restrictions easing from Monday I had a look on the Scottish government website.

On the one hand it says there should be 50% checks on attendances of over 1,000 but on the other hand restrictions only apply to events with more than 10,000 seated?

https://www.gov.scot/news/large-outdoor-events-resume-from-17-january/

To support the lifting of capacity limits on outdoor events, COVID certification will remain for these where more than 4,000 standing or 10,000 seated are in attendance, and all other events and venues previously covered. Organisers of all events with more than 1,000 attendees will be expected to check a minimum of 50% of attendees for certification of vaccination, exemption, or negative test.

Edited by JAG1970
Mis-typed part of a sentence

5 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

With restrictions easing from Monday I had a look on the Scottish government website.

On the one hand it says there should be 50% checks on attendances of over 1,000 but on the other hand restrictions only apply to events (like Thistle v Airdrie) with more than 10,000 seated?

https://www.gov.scot/news/large-outdoor-events-resume-from-17-january/

To support the lifting of capacity limits on outdoor events, COVID certification will remain for these where more than 4,000 standing or 10,000 seated are in attendance, and all other events and venues previously covered. Organisers of all events with more than 1,000 attendees will be expected to check a minimum of 50% of attendees for certification of vaccination, exemption, or negative test.

Would it not make sense to cancel all of the football due to played this weekend, including our game on Friday and play them in a midweek when we get more fans in? I know i am using the word sense when talking about Scottish football authorities. I also realise i am asking them to show consideration for teams outside the Premier league as well. There is always a first time for everything.

8 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Would it not make sense to cancel all of the football due to played this weekend, including our game on Friday and play them in a midweek when we get more fans in? I know i am using the word sense when talking about Scottish football authorities. I also realise i am asking them to show consideration for teams outside the Premier league as well. There is always a first time for everything.

As you say, too much common sense and consideration for teams outside the premier league to be possible! 

My confusion is around the apparent contradiction in the statement - check 50% of the supporters if numbers exceed 1,000 but certification will only apply where there are more than 4k standing or 10k sitting. So if our game v Airdrie attracts around 3-4k then that doesn't meet the certification threshold but checks will be required because it exceeds 1k...  

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

As you say, too much common sense and consideration for teams outside the premier league to be possible! 

My confusion is around the apparent contradiction in the statement - check 50% of the supporters if numbers exceed 1,000 but certification will only apply where there are more than 4k standing or 10k sitting. So if our game v Airdrie attracts around 3-4k then that doesn't meet the certification threshold but checks will be required because it exceeds 1k...  

Presumably the SPFL have committed to a TV company to screen our game on Friday. There would be consequences if the game was put off without good reason. They don’t care if there are fans in the ground or not 

10 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

If there'd been more lead time I could imagine the situation where all football was cancelled over the weekend. All but one televised game that is. Now's the time to give the ground staff a few well deserved days holiday. As long as we don't send them on gardening leave. :)

7 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

If there'd been more lead time I could imagine the situation where all football was cancelled over the weekend. All but one televised game that is. Now's the time to give the ground staff a few well deserved days holiday. As long as we don't send them on gardening leave. :)

I would hope they didn't leave the sprinklers on by mistake. :whistling:

11 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Presumably the SPFL have committed to a TV company to screen our game on Friday. There would be consequences if the game was put off without good reason. They don’t care if there are fans in the ground or not 

The SPFL deal for live Friday terrestrial coverage is complete incompetence. 

Notwithstanding the 500 rule we’d still be losing money through reduced attendance. And fans prefer Saturdays!!

These SPFL people just don’t know or care what they’re doing.

Lets hope the Scottish Government allow us an exemption for a full crowd on Friday.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I see McCall is saying that a "He (Rudden) is in contention for tomorrow. I believe there are a number of people coming to watch the game". I take it this number of people are also season ticket holders or if not, involved in some way with the stewarding?

I think we know the answer to that m’lady. Scouts will be taking up places that fans could have had