Thistle v Ayr Match Thread

elevenone

9 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Is there any chance the two head bummers running the SPFL, the President (what's his name - Mc something) and Doncaster will call the leagues with us sitting in 5th, 2 points behind 3rd & 4th but with a game in hand!

Might have been better to have tried really hard to play tonight's game!

Don't want history repeating do we?

BTW agree Killie v Morton result was a good one for us but being greedy a Morton win would have been better.

I don't think that there is much  imminent risk of that and the prescient set would have the play-offs also cancelled.

However, if it was to be called now, we would be on 1.72 points per game, while Killy/Raith would be on 1.73 points per game. So, by 0.01 points per game we would be 5th. Interestingly, if our game on Sunday is cancelled, but Killy/Raith both play and do no better than a draw, we would actually move up to 3rd on points per game. 

• 1 month later...
18 minutes ago, elevenone said:

Original thread now given kiss of life as surely no danger of another postponement.  Happily drop my original post to any sort of win now which would set us up lovely for Sat.  Maybe a few debuts for this?  :fan:

Might have 1 or even 2 new guts in the squad for this, but see them being on the bench. Rudden away, Smith and Turner to start.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

My team for tonight.

Sneddon

Foster, Akinola, Mayo, Holt

Docherty, Bannigan, Tiffoney,

Turner

Graham, Smith

Agree with 10 of the 11. If McAllister fit I would have liked a 4-2-3-1 with McAllister, Turner and Tiffoney supporting Graham. However,  it may be that McAllister is not quite ready, in which case I would go for the same 11