Jags v Morton January 2nd 2022

thebiglemon

Results today went our way.The problem for me is if we play this coming Saturday that would be our first game in 3 weeks if that had to be cancelled you are then talking nearly 4 weeks between games. How fit will our players be, i am sure with injuries and covid not much training would have been going on.

24 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Results today went our way.The problem for me is if we play this coming Saturday that would be our first game in 3 weeks if that had to be cancelled you are then talking nearly 4 weeks between games. How fit will our players be, i am sure with injuries and covid not much training would have been going on.

Exactly AJ plus this will be a different Accies we play. They have bought 3 players in on loan already including the lad Mullin on loan from Livingston who scored twice today.

we know while being solid at the back we need more goals and hope we are not waiting many weeks to bring in attacking options. Had expected an announcement already that Hastie would be back at Rangers 

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Exactly AJ plus this will be a different Accies we play. They have bought 3 players in on loan already including the lad Mullin on loan from Livingston who scored twice today.

we know while being solid at the back we need more goals and hope we are not waiting many weeks to bring in attacking options. Had expected an announcement already that Hastie would be back at Rangers 

Regards Hastie. It all depends on what date the loan ends. For instance Dowds at Arbroath ends 6th January and Nouble at Arbroath the 13th. Hence Arbroath had a new loanee( Hamilton from Livi ) playing today as well.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Regards Hastie. It all depends on what date the loan ends. For instance Dowds at Arbroath ends 6th January and Nouble at Arbroath the 13th. Hence Arbroath had a new loanee( Hamilton from Livi ) playing today as well.

What are the current rules regards signing a loanee who has already been on loan elsewhere?  Eg I think Nouble looked like someone who would enhance our attack but would that be allowed?  That’s also assuming he would want to sign down and not stay at Arbroath.

34 minutes ago, elevenone said:

What are the current rules regards signing a loanee who has already been on loan elsewhere?  Eg I think Nouble looked like someone who would enhance our attack but would that be allowed?  That’s also assuming he would want to sign down and not stay at Arbroath.

Undoubtedly Nouble would enhance our attack but I think it’s common knowledge he has been recalled by Livingston for help in avoiding the bottom when their season restarts.  I think Livi realise that will potentially be a blow to Arbroaths promotion hopes which is why they have now loaned them Jack Hamilton 

2 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Mullin has been on loan at Hamilton all season. He played in both our matches against them so far. 

1 hour ago, elevenone said:

As long as a player only plays competitively for two sides in a season, then he can go out on loan. A good example is Jack Hamilton last year who spent the first half of the season on loan at East Fife before swapping to Arbroath in January. 

I think Nouble can play for another club but obviously Livi have eyes on playing him in their first team. Callum Hendry, on loan at Kilmarnock can only play for Kilmarnock or St. J for example as he has featured for both so far. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

Undoubtedly Nouble would enhance our attack but I think it’s common knowledge he has been recalled by Livingston for help in avoiding the bottom when their season restarts.  I think Livi realise that will potentially be a blow to Arbroaths promotion hopes which is why they have now loaned them Jack Hamilton 

As far as I know, Livi have said they're recalling Nouble, and that he's not going back out on loan this season. 

4 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

I think it's very unlikely we'll be able to field a team this weekend with lots of positive tests in the squad in Friday, in addition to players with injuries and others who were already isolating because of Covid issues.

2 hours ago, elevenone said:

Raith took a player on loan  from Rangers who'd previously been on loan at Livvy in the first half of the season. Last season we had Breen from Rangers then he went to another club in January, so I assume they can have 2 loans in a season as long as they haven't played for the parent club as mentioned by others

8 hours ago, AirdrieJag said:

I think it's very unlikely we'll be able to field a team this weekend with lots of positive tests in the squad in Friday, in addition to players with injuries and others who were already isolating because of Covid issues.

You say lots - do you know how many ? 

The impact of these postponements concerns  me on a number of fronts.

Firstly, the fact that we are sitting in 5th place and have not played  two home games against teams we could reasonably have expected to beat. Could this impact on our momentum.

Secondly, our next game, assuming we can field a team, will be away to an improving  Hamilton side. They will certainly be up for the game and looking for some payback for the 6-1 hammering we gave them on our last visit there. We will be going into the game cold.

Thirdly,  although most result affecting the teams around us have gone our way,, recently Raith and Arbroath,  we will still have a lot of catching up to do and  the squad will run the risk and implications of a congested schedule.

The plus points are I suppose we have done sll this before, last season, and if the league is called, unlikely at the moment but not impossible  our points per game  index is superior to that of Raith so we should move from 5th into the top 4!

Sooner we start playing again and winning the better!

55 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

The impact of these postponements concerns  me on a number of fronts.

Firstly, the fact that we are sitting in 5th place and have not played  two home games against teams we could reasonably have expected to beat. Could this impact on our momentum.

Secondly, our next game, assuming we can field a team, will be away to an improving  Hamilton side. They will certainly be up for the game and looking for some payback for the 6-1 hammering we gave them on our last visit there. We will be going into the game cold.

Thirdly,  although most result affecting the teams around us have gone our way,, recently Raith and Arbroath,  we will still have a lot of catching up to do and  the squad will run the risk and implications of a congested schedule.

The plus points are I suppose we have done sll this before, last season, and if the league is called, unlikely at the moment but not impossible  our points per game  index is superior to that of Raith so we should move from 5th into the top 4!

Sooner we start playing again and winning the better!

The term " reasonably expect to beat" carries massive dangers. Remember our 0-0 draws against the two bottom teams and scraping a win v. Accies. We can't ' reasonably expect' to beat anyone  in this league.

There's always the possibility that signing a player this week would take us just under the threshold for getting a match postponed. I suppose the converse could also occur, that by releasing a fit player we're back to not being able to field a team.  

Feel we're approaching the situation that when we play our next game, match fitness could be a real concern. A lot of unknowns at the moment.