Hamilton away 8/1/22

Auld Jag

Thistle's first game of 2022 and our first in 3 weeks. Don't know who is available to play for Thistle due to injuries and covid issues. Hamilton seem to be hitting some good form and despite our 6-1 victory when we last visited them, this was never going to be an easy game but now we have the aforementioned injuries and covid issues to also deal with. Cmon Thistle. :fan:

Will we be rusty or be refreshed? Any more missed games and I think it would be the former. Expecting only a slightly makeshift starting line up with perhaps not a full bench, or two or three youngsters making up the numbers. If they're fit and well, guys like McKenna, Gordon, Murray, McIver aren't exactly strangers to the first team, so the term "makeshift" may not be totally appropriate. 

Just hope that we've not reached the stage where we have to use this game to regain match fitness.

Edited by lady-isobel-barnett

12 hours ago, jaggy said:

Should I pay a (reasonable) tenner to watch or look for a free stream? Reality is I would be there if  I could be so I probably will.  It would be nice to get a win. It'll be interesting to see where (if) Mc Call plays Crawford

Yeah a tenner is a decent price for a stream. Much better than some of the thieving outfits out there trying to extort £19 from exasperated fans.

Hopefully the lack of Jags support at the game wont play a part and we come back with the three points.

I think given that Hamilton have found a bit confidence and form and will be mindful  of the hammering we gave them on our last visit I would be happy with a draw.

With all our recent troubles, covid etc I imagine Accies will start favourites however our strikers have been misfiring in recent games so perhaps this is the game where they come good again. I expect a tight game and if we can  dominate their big striker, the guy who scored their goal in the 6-1 game, then I think we can win.

I hope we have a strong referee as Tiffoney, going by comments from the Hamilton manager, will be given special attention!

C'mon the Jags

31 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I think given that Hamilton have found a bit confidence and form and will be mindful  of the hammering we gave them on our last visit I would be happy with a draw.

With all our recent troubles, covid etc I imagine Accies will start favourites however our strikers have been misfiring in recent games so perhaps this is the game where they come good again. I expect a tight game and if we can  dominate their big striker, the guy who scored their goal in the 6-1 game, then I think we can win.

I hope we have a strong referee as Tiffoney, going by comments from the Hamilton manager, will be given special attention!

C'mon the Jags

Striker David Moyo isn't playing today.  He was called up by Zimbabwe for the African Nations tournament.