Hamilton away 8/1/22

Auld Jag

The second Hamilton goal reminded me of a few we lost earlier in the season. Hopefully just rustiness caused by our enforced lay off. We will need to be tighter at the back to get anything against Kilmarnock on Friday night. I hope another 5 days or so training will see us better in defence and also take a good percentage of any chances we get against Kilmarnock. Looking even further ahead our cup game game against Airdrie on the 22nd won't be easy as they have hit a good bit of form.

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

The second Hamilton goal reminded me of a few we lost earlier in the season. Hopefully just rustiness caused by our enforced lay off. We will need to be tighter at the back to get anything against Kilmarnock on Friday night. I hope another 5 days or so training will see us better in defence and also take a good percentage of any chances we get against Kilmarnock. Looking even further ahead our cup game game against Airdrie on the 22nd won't be easy as they have hit a good bit of form.

In more than 50 years of following the Jags I've never worried beforehand about a game against Airdire (although Coyle et al. had me rightfully anxious at times....)

But maybe now is the time for a reappraisal of my perspectives.....

Putting Killlie to the sword should hopefully get us back on track.

44 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

In more than 50 years of following the Jags I've never worried beforehand about a game against Airdire (although Coyle et al. had me rightfully anxious at times....)

But maybe now is the time for a reappraisal of my perspectives.....

Putting Killlie to the sword should hopefully get us back on track.

In more than 50 years of following Thistle, I’ve learned to never be confident of beating anyone before we are 4 goals ahead. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Ok, the 2nd goal was well worked between the strikers but I thought their performance was diabolical.  
The 2 of them constantly gave possession away.  

For a change, midfield produced a good service. All 4 of them played very well.  No wonder Tiff didn’t pass to Rudden. He’d been letting the side down all game. And Graham had a horror show. 

We should have won comfortably with the quality of possession we had.