vs Killie

Jaggernaut

Reckon Rudden's agent must've given bungs to a few of the pundits the way they were going on about him. Bannigan brilliant in first half and Docherty got us out a hole with a great finish. Smith was good in first half too.

Interested to see what McIver can do with more game time. By the looks of it, I think we'll soon find out.

We were the better team. Previous Thistle teams would have folded after that ludicrous decision for the penalty. There’s clearly a strong team spirit and resilience. 

Hopefully a couple of quality signings to come to strengthen the team and turn some draws into victories. Given the teams were given 500k and we received 150k we are in no bad shape and position.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Muscat Jag said:

Not sure what to make of that. Bannigan and Docherty excellent. Great goal. Dreadful referee. Where do they dig them up? 

Dreadful referee is an understatement he made the decision without even properly looking.  Killie seem to be he’s fair few penalties this season by contrast I don’t think we have had one.

well done in particular Docherty and Bannigan.  God a central midfielder Docherty has popped up with a few important goals this season 

They've been getting penalties all season but that was a disgrace.

We were the better team and deserved 3 points. The draw keeps us in a good position, so in a way I'm happy overall.

The place would have erupted if the fans were all in and maybe the ref would have took a bit longer on the penalty decision.

Bannigan was superb all game. Really like Akinola but he looked all over the place until we scored.

I think I swear more at the tele than I do at games.

good performance from the jags

never a penalty

all these so called managers watching rudden tonight ?

I thought tiffoney was a stand out

kilmarnock i thought were pretty average, expected more from them

all to play for

still feel that mccall is playing the long game

playoffs this season but really pushing for promotion next season

equaliser from the doc   ya dancer 

onwards and upwards 

:thumbsup2:

14 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

We were the better team. Previous Thistle teams would have folded after that ludicrous decision for the penalty. There’s clearly a strong team spirit and resilience. 

Hopefully a couple of quality signings to come to strengthen the team and turn some draws into victories. Given the teams were given 500k and we received 150k we are in no bad shape and position.

I agree entirely in that we kept trying to at least play football on a pitch that in patches was more reminiscent  of Ypres than a background to a professional football match. Even allowing for that, had it not been from a truly diabolical decision from Nick Walsh we’d have probably taken all three points.

Nonetheless, I’m fairly sanguine about what the rest of the season has in store. Obviously, it’ll all no doubt rest on what kind of transfer window we have. If someone had offered me our current position, I’d have taken it to be honest.

Utter nonsense from Walsh to give a penalty for that - even Old Shaw admitted he didn't expect it. Thought iMac handled it well in the post-match interview - he must have been raging.

Great response from the team not to give up and salvage a point. Excellent strike from Docherty to secure it.

That's enough draws for one season though. Time to unleash a repeat of last season's run-in.

Think I will have to eat my hat tonight for previous comments about Bannigan! That was the best performance I have seen from Bannigan in a long time. He was excellent and head and shoulders above anyone else on the field. He was well supported by Docherty and in spells by Tiffoney and Rudden (first half)

Regarding the penalty the referee clearly doesn't know the rules. No excuse for such an outrageous decision. Surprised Foster didn't banjo him on the jaw! What a poor referee. Should be relegated to lowland and Highland league games.

2 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Think I will have to eat my hat tonight for previous comments about Bannigan! That was the best performance I have seen from Bannigan in a long time. He was excellent and head and shoulders above anyone else on the field. He was well supported by Docherty and in spells by Tiffoney and Rudden (first half)

Regarding the penalty the referee clearly doesn't know the rules. No excuse for such an outrageous decision. Surprised Foster didn't banjo him on the jaw! What a poor referee. Should be relegated to lowland and Highland league games.

In commentary it was mentioned that it was his fifth championship game of the season, and the first involving Thistle.

Hopefully the last after that atrocious decision.

• Like 1