vs Killie

Jaggernaut

18 hours ago, partickthedog said:

It is perhaps a good thing you were not in your normal place in the front row guarding the entrance to the first vomitory in the John Lambie Stand. The penalty incident was right under where your nose would have been, and you might have been arrested for assault for throwing your balaclava at the referee in an aggressive manner.

The balaclava never comes of during the game. :ph34r: :fan:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JAG1970 said:

Another win for Arbroath today.  Got to doff your cap to the Bunnet, they’re top on merit. Big game for us at Gayfield in two weeks time. 

Agree. We still have to play Arbroath twice, our results against them have to improve on what they have been. We need 4 points min in those 2 games. Our 2 games  in hand will also be difficult, Ayr and Morton with new managers and Imrie at Morton in particular has had a great start in management. 

Edited by Auld Jag

1 hour ago, Auld Jag said:

Agree. We still have to play Arbroath twice, our results against them have to improve on what they have been. We need 4 points min in those 2 games. Our 2 games  in hand will also be difficult, Ayr and Morton with new managers and Imrie at Morton in particular has had a great start in management. 

He was betting on that for sure.

• Haha 1

I disagree that a draw for us is good just cos other teams drew. We should have beaten Killie and had a chance to move up the table. As it stands we remain 5th and out of the play off places.

If other competitors draw, we could be doing with winning. Somebody has got to catch The Bunnet 

Edited by sandy
typo

2 hours ago, sandy said:

I disagree that a draw for us is good just cos other teams drew. We should have beaten Killie and had a chance to move up the table. As it stands we remain 5th and out of the play off places.

If other competitors draw, we could be doing with winning. Somebody has got to catch The Bunnet 

Yep, I'm not happy at being fifth in this league, and seemingly stuck there!

We need more wins, and the sooner the better.

There's no doubt a thread buried in the vaults here re our predictions for this season. In the absence of digging up that thread I'm just guessing, but I imagine a lot of us would be quite chuffed with 5th place. Happier still, and maybe more to the point, us going into the second half of the season 15 points off the relegation play off spot. Conversely I doubt anyone thought we'd have been beaten twice by a team managed by Dick Campbell and be trailing them by 8 points. If I believed that likely then I'd be assuming we'd have a new manager by now and be releasing players by the barrel load this month.

In reality I'm looking for a wee bit more from us. Maybe play as a team more often. At the same time, based on what I believe were our predictions, we're hardly underperforming.

1 hour ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

There's no doubt a thread buried in the vaults here re our predictions for this season. In the absence of digging up that thread I'm just guessing, but I imagine a lot of us would be quite chuffed with 5th place. Happier still, and maybe more to the point, us going into the second half of the season 15 points off the relegation play off spot. Conversely I doubt anyone thought we'd have been beaten twice by a team managed by Dick Campbell and be trailing them by 8 points. If I believed that likely then I'd be assuming we'd have a new manager by now and be releasing players by the barrel load this month.

In reality I'm looking for a wee bit more from us. Maybe play as a team more often. At the same time, based on what I believe were our predictions, we're hardly underperforming.

Agree with this. Only thing I would ass is I believe we are an improving team and with some signings still to be made  we could have a better run in than some of those around us.

To my mind Raith and ICT have had purple patches and are unlikely to massively strengthen in the next few weeks, they won't fall away but I don't expect them to go on a long run of wins. Kilmarnock have and will add more but it remains to be seen how much change McInnes can implement to turn a squad and team setup not to lose into a team designed to win in 1 transfer window.

Arbroath are doing well and have done well to replace Nouble and Dowds with Wighton and Hamilton but they now go into the next few fixtures as the team to catch and to certain degree favourites rather than the dark horse.

Whilst perhaps we won't see a team come from as far back as were last season I do think we will see a similar end to this season as last. The winner will be the team that makes a late run and is able to win mutiple games in row in March and April.

4 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Also considering we have games in hand over all the teams above us. Not easy games but definitely ones we would expect to win.

• Like 1