Just sayin', like.....

Jaggernaut

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Joe Cardle scoring for fun for Kelty these days. Another two yesterday. Beautifully assisted by Kalum Higginbotham for the first.

Tam O'Ware also playing for Kelty.

Edinburgh City got two late equalizers.

Just sayin', like...

Ahh Higgy!

Whats he doing down there? Don’t think he’s that old?

His departure to Killie was a kick in the guts. But not as bad as Somner to St Mirren. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2022 at 4:17 PM, Weebaw1 said:

Ahh Higgy!

Whats he doing down there? Don’t think he’s that old?

His departure to Killie was a kick in the guts. But not as bad as Somner to St Mirren. 

I think there are different scenarios in play here.

If my memory serves me correctly St Mirren made an out of the blue bid for Somner and we accepted it. Somner hadn't asked for a transfer.

Higgy  was different. He was at the end of his contract and had offers from us, Killie and I think 1/2 other .

He chose to go to Killie@

9 hours ago, exiledjag said:

If my memory serves me correctly St Mirren made an out of the blue bid for Somner and we accepted it. Somner hadn't asked for a transfer.

Higgy  was different. He was at the end of his contract and had offers from us, Killie and I think 1/2 other .

Which was bizarre as he’d slated artificial pitches not long before he joined them.  Obviously money offered made a difference :D

19 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Higgy's 1st season with us was superb.  Unplayable at times.  His performance at home v Aberdeen was one of the best I have seen at Firhill.  2nd season he was not as good.  For a player of his skill he has bounced around so many clubs and could/should have played at a higher level or bigger club but something held him back.

1 hour ago, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Higgy's 1st season with us was superb.  Unplayable at times.  His performance at home v Aberdeen was one of the best I have seen at Firhill.  2nd season he was not as good.  For a player of his skill he has bounced around so many clubs and could/should have played at a higher level or bigger club but something held him back.

I've a feeling Higgy was never quite the same after an injury he picked up (at Rugby Pk?) early in his second season with us. Felt to me he lost maybe a wee bit of pace, just enough to make his trickery that bit easier to counter. Certainly he's never showed any level of consistency since around that time.

On 1/30/2022 at 7:31 PM, Lambies Lost Doo said:

I loved higgy. He brought an excitement to Firhill that has been missing for a long time. I was going to give examples of exciting players but most on this thread would recognise the names but not have seen them play.

His ability to cross a ball with the outside of his right foot was sublime. I think his weakness was in often not releasing the ball quickly enough  (Lyle Taylor's offside goal in the 4-2 win at Tynecastle) and a tendency to opt for the complicated pass or move over the obvious or straight forward option.

I would describe him as mercurial but loved watching him because generally he made things happen.

• Like 1

On 1/30/2022 at 7:31 PM, Lambies Lost Doo said:

Is that the game where he hit the crossbar straight from the kick off?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 3/6/2022 at 7:40 PM, Auld Jag said:

Rangers celebrating 150 years history. Do they not remember what happened in February 2012 ? :thinking:

Just seen this post so I am a bit behind.

The explanation, going back to 2012 and the general debate, was that the Company that owned Rangers FC had gone bust but Rangers FC had not!  Try getting your head around that for an argument.

This rationale was offered at the time  by Neil Doncaster  as part of his reasoning that Rangers should not be relegated from the Scottish  Premier Leasgue  as they were in fact not a new club!

He clearly lost that argument!