It was great while it lasted

partickthedog

8 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

The last night under the shed. Up against Blue Scum. Drawing 1-1 thanks to Isaac English. She'd was bouncing. Atmosphere was stratospheric. Holding on with minutes to go and up pops McCoist to bag the winner. Utterly devastated and totally deflated. Looked over at my brother who had his head in his hands. Still at least I went home with a bit of terracing!

Did that winner not come from a quickly taking throw in that should have been returned to us after kicking ball out to allow treatment or am I mixing that up with another game?

18 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Jan 2004 and one of The Bunnet's first signings. This fella he signed from Raith was their captain no less. We played Rovers later that week but part of the deal was an agreement not to play him against his former club that weekend. Raith running scared, perhaps? Team captain, maybe a born leader? We had to wait just over two weeks for our next game and the much anticipated debut. Step up to the plate, Darren Brady.

Was that not the Game where they had the Brother of some English Premier Team in charge ?    

Edited by Jordanhill Jag

21 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

Going way back probably 71 or72, New Years game at Ibrox. Winning 1-0 through a Dennis goal right up until McCoist scored twice in the last 10 mins.

If Memory serves - we played about 10 Minutes of Injury ( ie Rangers ) Time-  that day 

They scored near the 90 Minutes to equalize-  then there Winner was well into "time added on "  

On 1/16/2022 at 6:42 PM, Muscat Jag said:

Think you mean John Greig. Both of his goals were in injury time. I actually managed to get home thinking we'd won. Horrible experience. 

I was at that game and the 'injury time' played was around 7/8 minutes. I don't recall Greig scoring but thought the zranhers goals came from Colin Stein and/or  Derek zjohnstone.

I vowed, due to the referee's clearly  biased performance, never to return to Ibrox - a vow I have honoured.

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

First season Adam Barton, I thought we had a real player, a reincarnation of Shaggy. Then …..

Good shout. You most certainly weren't alone. Went from where's the best position to play him, to where's he least of a liability. Clearly his ability was greater than his motivation. 

Muzzy Dumbuya, when he was fit. Great player, great character, great skill, great speed and great song. A few months of inspiration followed by two years of fizzling out and disenchantment.

His handling as left full back (not normally his favoured side) of the physically dominant Josh Magennis and the explosive Kallum Higginbotham in the away match against Kilmarnock that secured our safety (2-0 win)  in our 3rd season up was one of the all time brilliant Thistle player performances that I have witnessed.