City of Glasgow Cup Game on Tuesday

Fawlty Towers

From what I saw on the live stream (most of the match), we specialized in sideways and backwards passing, followed inevitably by a hopeful (but in reality usually hopeless) punt forward. QP players looked faster, tougher, and their passing game was actually aimed at cutting through our defence at speed.

11 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

From what I saw on the live stream (most of the match), we specialized in sideways and backwards passing, followed inevitably by a hopeful (but in reality usually hopeless) punt forward. QP players looked faster, tougher, and their passing game was actually aimed at cutting through our defence at speed.

I didn't realise at the time but in mitigation the QP team had far more 1st team experience than our lads.

As an aside I was rather impressed with young Stanway, particularly in the first half. He was playing in the Ross Docherty position and despite looking rather frail he fair got stuck in. His distribution was decent as well. If he's as young as he looks I reckon we might have a really good prospect on our books. 

Not sure if McCall will go with McReady as 2nd choice keeper or bring in a further back up goalie. Thought McReady looked the part yesterday.

12 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I didn't realise at the time but in mitigation the QP team had far more 1st team experience than our lads.

As an aside I was rather impressed with young Stanway, particularly in the first half. He was playing in the Ross Docherty position and despite looking rather frail he fair got stuck in. His distribution was decent as well. If he's as young as he looks I reckon we might have a really good prospect on our books. 

Not sure if McCall will go with McReady as 2nd choice keeper or bring in a further back up goalie. Thought McReady looked the part yesterday.

Yes, the goalie looked comfortable and confident.