Scottish Cup game v Airdrie

Fearchar

29 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

Are you sure about that? I thought denying a clear goal scoring opportunity was still a red. The only change I was aware of was it is no longer a red card of a penalty is awarded and it was a fair attempt to play the ball.

It seemed to me if it was a foul, it was a red. Obviously if it wasn’t- the decision is wrong and if clear we should have a good chance of overturning on appeal

As I said I wasn't completely sure. I've found a page on English FA website that says what I said only applies if it's in the penalty area like you suggest. I'm still not convinced it was definitely a foul and at least one person with a better view seems to agree.

32 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

You’re lucky- I was there for Doolan’s “goal” v Morton.  TBH I’ve seen loads worse decisions. As soon as the ref thought it was a foul, he always had to give a red.  And it did look clumsy- even if the ref was wrong 

I was there when dundee utd 'scored'; the ball came off the stantion  and Martin Clark 'handed' the ball to Andy Murdoch. Big Les Mortrem waved play on. 2 be fair I did'nt see any issues.

6 hours ago, elevenone said:

Unless your balaclava has signed a PCA then get it worn.  :ph34r:

Balaclava made it it's third appearance of the season today and just like the other 2 games Thistle won 1-0. 100% success for the :ph34r::fan:.

I thought we scored a bit against the run of play, but after we scored we should have had at least one more before half time. MOTM for me was Mayo, some of his tackles in the second half when we went down to 10 stopped some dangerous bits of play from Airdrie.

3 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

What is it with SNP MPs and their moaning after getting beaten by Thistle:

David Linden MP

@DavidLinden

Don’t mind losing fairly but

@PartickThistle

’s blatant cheating and time wasting today was utterly, utterly pathetic.

Think he has form for this with us too.  Blatant cheating lol.  Should be concentrating his efforts on constituents and making ‘Airdrie great again’

Into next round and we have upset a MP.  Lovely.  :fan:

1 minute ago, stillresigned said:

Having, just seen the alleged  ‘red card’ on Sportscene I would think it likely that we’d win an appeal. That of course, is predicated on everything being fair and above board down Hampden way

Hahahahahaha. Oh my! You gave me a good chuckle before bedtime. Fair and above board from Hampden?  Hehehe.

3 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

Having, just seen the alleged  ‘red card’ on Sportscene I would think it likely that we’d win an appeal. That of course, is predicated on everything being fair and above board down Hampden way

Remember, for an appeal to be successful it has to be proven that there was a clear and obvious error. From the footage seen on Sportscene, while it is clear that it clearly shouldn't have been a red card, there is contact between the two and the way the ball bounces right into the path he would take means it could be interpreted as denying a goalscoring opportunity so I'm not so sure we'd win an appeal.

5 minutes ago, SteppsJag said:

Glad to hear we’re appealing the sending off having seen it again on the BBC. Poor decision by a very poor Ref. The foul on Tiff later on was worse and all we got was a throw in! 

The foul on Tiff should have been a red card. Yet another ridiculous decision by the ref 

9 minutes ago, SteppsJag said:

Glad to hear we’re appealing the sending off having seen it again on the BBC. Poor decision by a very poor Ref. The foul on Tiff later on was worse and all we got was a throw in! 

In the past we have scored a goal, only to get a throw in as well. Refs :red_card:

• Like 2

Airdrie started strongly but the game changed when we got the lucky break to set up the goal. We controlled the game up until the sending off - I watched it again on Sportscene which confirmed my initial view from 70 yards away in the JHS...a sloppy pass from Banzo, Tunji was a bit casual but played the ball against the Airdrie guy who fell over his leg...never a red card. It wasn't the ref's worst decision...this was right in front of where I was sitting...the Airdrie keeper charged out, collided with his defender leaving Tiff through with an open goal only to be rugby tackled...apparently a throw-in. 

It was a hard fought win with a cup tie edge...we have a really strong team spirit though on today's performance, Rudden would not be hugely missed.

I sensed there might be trouble when I saw a group of about 30 guys without football colours at Charing Cross on my way to the game -not young dafties but grown men looking forward to a fight . I had arranged to meet up with an Airdrie fan at the Main Stand after the game so got a close up of the ruckus on Firhill Road. The Police presence of two cops was being overwhelmed but there was a flurry of sirens as reinforcements arrived.

So lots to get really angry about but an entertaining day out.