Scottish Cup game v Airdrie

Fearchar

Tunji didn't commit a foul, but it was a bad pass to him, and the referee had shown early on that he was looking to penalise us.

A pedestrian first half, attempting to play the Airdrie game of head tennis. By the end of the second half, when we were down a man, the team was beginning to string some football together. Tiffoney needs some shooting practice, though.

Edited by Fearchar
Grammar!

Just back from that!  

Ref had an absolute howler. Completely lost control  Didn't look like a yellow never mind a red!

Booked Sneddon for time wasting, but not their's for same thing. No consistency whatever.

Was expecting extra time, at least _ well done guys!

Haven't had such a sore throat from shouting for a long time! mostly at that clown ref.

38 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

Tunji didn't commit a foul, but it was a bad pass to him, and the referee had showed early on that he was looking to penalise us.

A pedestrian first half, attempting to play the Airdrie game of head tennis. By the end of the second half, when we were down a man, the team was beginning to string some football together. Tiffoney needs some shooting practice, though.

He'll have penalised us further if Tunji misses some league games now.

Maybe we can appeal it.

5 minutes ago, CotterJag said:

He'll have penalised us further if Tunji misses some league games now.

Maybe we can appeal it.

I would hope we would appeal it. As far as I am aware the rules were changed a couple of years ago and you are no longer sent off just for being last man and conceding a foul. The wording is something like 'maximum of a yellow card if the offence would only get a yellow card elsewhere on the pitch'. Assuming it was a foul (I'm not convinced) then at worst he should have got a yellow card as it would just be a slightly mistimed tackle.

Edited by dpj
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, dpj said:

I would hope we would appeal it. As far as I am aware the rules were changed a couple of years ago and you are no longer sent off just for being last man and conceding a foul. The wording is something like 'maximum of a yellow card if the offence would only get a yellow card elsewhere on the pitch'. Assuming it was a foul (I'm not convinced) then at worst he should have got a yellow card as it would just be a slightly mistimed tackle.

Are you sure about that? I thought denying a clear goal scoring opportunity was still a red. The only change I was aware of was it is no longer a red card of a penalty is awarded and it was a fair attempt to play the ball.

It seemed to me if it was a foul, it was a red. Obviously if it wasn’t- the decision is wrong and if clear we should have a good chance of overturning on appeal

Edited by Duke Gekantawa
typo

SFA site states the following: “Denying the opposing team or an opponent a goal or an obvious goal scoring opportunity leads to an automatic one match suspension, effective immediately to the next match in the Competition in which the sending-off offence was reported. “
If I’m correct and the above was the reason for the sending off then it looks like he’ll miss the next round of the cup. Having said that we should definitely appeal it as it didn’t look like a sending off offence to me. 

I see the draw is after the Alloa game.

With St. Johnstone and Ross County out, that leaves an away trip to either Aberdeen, the Dundees' (please no) and maybe Raith.

Celtic, should they win, can get an away trip to Annan. 

The Rangers will of course be at home to whoever the lowest ranked team in the competition is - just checked and that's Annan as well.

They're gonna struggle with this draw.

4 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

The Airdrie fan with a full size flag with image of Donald Trump and slogan Make Airdrie great again is possibly the biggest walloper and the most embarrassing thing I’ve seen at a football game possibly ever. The fact that other Airdrie fans have not confiscated it and burnt it says everything about them

Bit of trouble outside and polis on Maryhill Rd.  Were Section B wheeled out the nursing home or god forbid they have bred and have varying offspring.

I had a very clear view  from the JLS of the incident leading to Tunji being sent off.  Basically it looked like the Airdrie player was losing his balance and decided to turn this into a dive. It was not a foul. When the ref showed a straight red I was dumbfounded.  He clearly could not see from his angle  and the linesman didn't flag as far as I'm aware. Possibly the worst refereeing decision I've seen at Firhill.

1 minute ago, Thornwood Jag said:

I had a very clear view  from the JLS of the incident leading to Tunji being sent off.  Basically it looked like the Airdrie player was losing his balance and decided to turn this into a dive. It was not a foul. When the ref showed a straight red I was dumbfounded.  He clearly could not see from his angle  and the linesman didn't flag as far as I'm aware. Possibly the worst refereeing decision I've seen at Firhill.

You’re lucky- I was there for Doolan’s “goal” v Morton.  TBH I’ve seen loads worse decisions. As soon as the ref thought it was a foul, he always had to give a red.  And it did look clumsy- even if the ref was wrong 

15 minutes ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

The Airdrie fan with a full size flag with image of Donald Trump and slogan Make Airdrie great again is possibly the biggest walloper and the most embarrassing thing I’ve seen at a football game possibly ever. The fact that other Airdrie fans have not confiscated it and burnt it says everything about them

Stolen from p and b- behold the twattishness:

image.png.5751b83680ba98e0d6931758605b060d.png