Jags v Queen of the South

exiledjag

7 hours ago, dl1971 said:

We would have to stay in the North area of Glasgow. As others have said we will always be blighted by the pull of the OF. I hoped by giving free entry to under 16s would help grow our base but so far it hasn't happened. A real shame 

I’m not so sure it hasn’t happened, we’ve definitely got a lot of the young supporters within the John Lambie Stand and you can see at the away games the younger element are there for a “day out “

• Like 1

5 hours ago, sick in the basin said:

Personally I’d see that as a positive - better atmosphere having both fans in one stand  , much better view / facilities and hence potentially a bigger away support .

Even if Killie brought say 2k fans we’d still have scope for c6 k between the JHS and JLS which is plenty .

Taking away the location and day oot in Glasgae reasons ……if solely based on the matchday experience I’m not sure I’d be rushing to Firhill as an away fan …..even though you get a day at the beach thrown in for free these days :)

I've seen several comments by away fans about Firhill being one of their favourite away days.

But I'm not sure if that has to do with their enjoyment of the stadium, or going home having won.... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

I’m not so sure it hasn’t happened, we’ve definitely got a lot of the young supporters within the John Lambie Stand and you can see at the away games the younger element are there for a “day out “

Also at the Team Training/Open Day I was pleasantly surprised at the size of the queues of real youngsters waiting to get player autographs etc.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, scotty said:

I think the development of the basin is probably tied up in the claypitts development as a nature reserve and leisure area for water sports. The basin has already been fitted out with jetties/pontoons (I can never remember what the difference is between the various wooden structures sticking out into water).

I’d much rather we stayed at Firhill and became part of this wider canal basin development.

The Away supporters could go bird spotting at half-time.

Edited by sandy

I have the same attachment to Maryhill/Firhill as other Jags and I agree we are a Glasgow Club and should stay in Glasgow. So that kills East Kilbride as an option.

Having said all that I have always thought it strange that a Club with the name Partick Thistle has its home in Maryhill. Would a move back to Partick be viable. Is there a fan base in Partick (and the surrounding areas) that we could tap in to?

If we did move to Partick the communication links to the City Centre are good and should be just as easy to get to as Firhill  for fans travelling via the City Centre.

41 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

I have the same attachment to Maryhill/Firhill as other Jags and I agree we are a Glasgow Club and should stay in Glasgow. So that kills East Kilbride as an option.

Having said all that I have always thought it strange that a Club with the name Partick Thistle has its home in Maryhill. Would a move back to Partick be viable. Is there a fan base in Partick (and the surrounding areas) that we could tap in to?

If we did move to Partick the communication links to the City Centre are good and should be just as easy to get to as Firhill  for fans travelling via the City Centre.

Technically Firhill's not actually in Maryhill but Queens Cross! So why not a name change to QC Thistle? Easier than moving the ground. :thumbsup2: Sorted.

6 hours ago, scotty said:

Technically Firhill's not actually in Maryhill but Queens Cross! So why not a name change to QC Thistle? Easier than moving the ground. :thumbsup2: Sorted.

QC would be an unfortunate reminder of lost court cases.

What about West End Thistle, or WET for short?

But maybe not West End Partick Thistle?!

• Like 1