Thistle v Dundee Utd

javeajag

24 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I don’t think the full colon weir stand is open tomorrow- which is unfortunate as if would have sold out no doubt.  As it is fair play to United fans for selling out the allocation they have been given as it is

Hopefully the fans in the Colon Weir stand don’t give too much abuse to Jobby McCall.

• Haha 3

47 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Yes, GRE, we must. Rule 14 does state that a substitute (registered) goalkeeper needs to be named on the team sheet.

Could be wrong (first time for everything) but don’t think that’s correct. Law I found states: 

Changing the goalkeeper

Any of the players may change places with the goalkeeper if:

• the referee is informed before the change is made
  • the change is made during a stoppage in play

Think anybody can play in goal as long as the Ref is informed who is designated for that position.

24 minutes ago, SteppsJag said:

Could be wrong (first time for everything) but don’t think that’s correct. Law I found states: 

Changing the goalkeeper

Think anybody can play in goal as long as the Ref is informed who is designated for that position.

Sneddon a stick on to get injured or sent off now.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SteppsJag said:

Changing the goalkeeper

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this one.  I've been busy elsewhere. I suspect that we are talking on cross purposes here. Rule 14 ( below) is from the SFA Cup Rules. This sets out players eligible to play in a match, and does say a nominated substitute keeper must be on the team sheet.  To answer Dick Dastardly,  it could be an outfield player, but he can only be substituted for the playing goalkeeper, as a keeper.   Rather than do that, bring back Kenny Arthur!!

If a game is in play, and no substitute keeper can come on if all substitutes have been played or both the original and sub keeper have come off, an outfield player can indeed be nominated as goalkeeper.  Oldco had to do this in a game at Parkhead when Roberts went in goal. If I've misinterpreted, happy to hold up my hand.

Screenshot_20220211-175353_Drive.jpg

10 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Sorry for the delay in getting back on this one.  I've been busy elsewhere. I suspect that we are talking on cross purposes here. Rule 14 ( below) is from the SFA Cup Rules. This sets out players eligible to play in a match, and does say a nominated substitute keeper must be on the team sheet.  To answer Dick Dastardly,  it could be an outfield player, but he can only be substituted for the playing goalkeeper, as a keeper.   Rather than do that, bring back Kenny Arthur!!

If a game is in play, and no substitute keeper can come on if all substitutes have been played or both the original and sub keeper have come off, an outfield player can indeed be nominated as goalkeeper.  Oldco had to do this in a game at Parkhead when Roberts went in goal. If I've misinterpreted, happy to hold up my hand.

Screenshot_20220211-175353_Drive.jpg

I stand corrected. Do you know if the same applies to league fixtures?

verti-drain-renovation.s600x600.jpg.3662e0d67947196c6aa9b89823468cf6.jpg

13 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

What’s verti-drained ?

13 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

What’s verti-drained ?

Basically it involves punching small circular holes in the pitch to allow it to drain more effectively.   Golf clubs regularly verti-drain their greens to aereate and de-compact the soil, and to promote better drainage. 

Edited by AirdrieJag
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Aliballibee said:

Golf clubs often introduce sand too, 

Tell me about it! I was useless at playing out a bunker.

I take it "verti-draining" is the technical name for what golfers call "tining".   I know golf clubs don't tine their greens principally for drainage reasons but from memory it certainly helps clear surface water. Here's hoping it does the trick.

• Like 1