Friday in Fife, storm Eunice

thebiglemon

11 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

So. Taking the Queen's( Park) shilling is probably going to cost us money and possibly play offs. Great! Effin great!

We don't really know that our pitch would've been playable (or in any way an acceptable surface) had QP not played on it. Could be argued that if we still had postponements the extra revenue from QP would go some way to compensate for our drop in revenue. I know little to nothing about ground-keeping but I'm not sure how if QP hadn't played at Firhill  the pitch wouldn't still have been waterlogged. 

Just received (at 3.46pm) a standard pre-match email from Dunfermline FC, who obviously think that the game is still on and gave me useful information re catering, parking etc.

Had to smile at this excerpt from the parking guidance:

please do not park in the Dunfermline Cemetery, and be mindful of the residents 

Beware of the ghosts!

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Remember that Queens Park have had postponements as well. And as they play at Firhill.......

I'm pretty sure the QP games have contributed to the current issues, or at least haven't helped, but I think it's too simplistic to pin all the blame on this. I checked Jagzone & the pitch only started to show significant deterioration in December. Additionally the Killermont rain guage data (if I interpreted it correctly) confirmed more rain fell between August & October than November to January. So I can only conclude that the pitch is currently less able to cope with the Scottish weather in comparison with previous seasons & I would expect the club to be looking into this & to share their findings with supporters.

Personally I'm more disappointed by the club's lack of transparency on why the deal with QP was made. I suspect it was driven by the need to reduce the £350k shortfall with the other Championship clubs but it would have been nice to have this confirmed

3 hours ago, Jimbo said:

I'm pretty sure the QP games have contributed to the current issues, or at least haven't helped, but I think it's too simplistic to pin all the blame on this. I checked Jagzone & the pitch only started to show significant deterioration in December. Additionally the Killermont rain guage data (if I interpreted it correctly) confirmed more rain fell between August & October than November to January. So I can only conclude that the pitch is currently less able to cope with the Scottish weather in comparison with previous seasons & I would expect the club to be looking into this & to share their findings with supporters.

Personally I'm more disappointed by the club's lack of transparency on why the deal with QP was made. I suspect it was driven by the need to reduce the £350k shortfall with the other Championship clubs but it would have been nice to have this confirmed

When I was across for a game in September/October the grass was very long ) due to groundstaff having COVID apparently) the grass being too long also doesn’t help with drainage and moss build up which in turn causes marsh issues

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I believe that SPFL would not sanction that, as you register your home venue before the season starts.

If the spfl had any sense (I know) they would look at the extenuating circumstances however if they allowed us to move games  I think the 'grass'  is longer at Scotstoun than it is at football pitches but I'm sure North Lanarkshire Council would be happy to take rent for whatever Clyde's home is called these days 

Edited by fifexile
Typo

A lovely day in Fife today and would imagine the pitch would be fine for 3 today. Sunshine and a bit of wind and no rain since yesterday lunchtime. I presume the tv coverage is the reason we can’t play it today but playing it today would be fine with both clubs surely. But then sense and Scottish football don’t really go hand in hand

1 hour ago, Kingleo said:

A lovely day in Fife today and would imagine the pitch would be fine for 3 today. Sunshine and a bit of wind and no rain since yesterday lunchtime. I presume the tv coverage is the reason we can’t play it today but playing it today would be fine with both clubs surely. But then sense and Scottish football don’t really go hand in hand

It seems odd that this option wasn’t made available. I’d be surprised if bbc show the rescheduled game

1 hour ago, Kingleo said:

Would imagine the mobilisation of police, stewards, match officials etc at such short notice would be an issue.