Thistle v ICT

javeajag

4 minutes ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Jacubiak was good when he came on. 

You are so right.  Maybe what made the difference.  And we were due a break.  There's he fake Jags away up the road with nothing - almost feel sorry for them.  And how's Sean Welsh still going when he had glass legs when he was a real Jag.  TBF he didn't achieve much tonight.

We could easily have been a couple of goals up at half time. Their HT subs made a big difference but our subs helped give us more of the ball in their half.. overall I thought we deserved it and hopefully our new signings start to really blend over the next couple of games and build some real momentum. Hopefully start scoring more than one a game.
Looking good for a playoff place as a minimum. There looks to be real desire amongst the squad. If we can win a few games then get Tiff back fully fit…. 

1 hour ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

My wish is for the shitiest goal of all time, scrambled in from a corner, three points and then to completely forget about this game. 

Ask and ye shall receive! (OK it wasn't particularly shitey apart from Doc's fresh air shot!)

Edited by fifexile
Typo

There was a moment. not long before we scored, when Jakubiak took it the byeline and cut back to Graham.  He laid it off to Doc, who skied it.  I wish he'd just dummied, as unmarked Cammy had a tap in.  Like Amoo v DU at Firhill a few years back (the goal that relegated DU) - took the whole defence + keeper out with a lovely bow-legged dummy, and Dools swept it into the empty net.

What a time to be alive.

Great to get the win, up to third with two games in hand, definitely going to have a say in what happens in this league title. Imagine if we had a decent pitch.....we really played some good stuff tonight, few passing movements and winning the headers, knock downs, holding up play and popping balls round the corner. But struggled with the control, the touch, bringing the ball under control. It could either be our secret weapon or it could be our downfall. Big credit to the team and I suppose the groundsman, hopefully the weather holds up until Tuesday night.

We were by far the best team in the first half, second half ICT came more into and some good blocking by our defence. I thought the corner we scored from was a terrible one at first as i expected us to put a high ball into the box, i also said to @partickthedog in our pre match chat i was more confident Holt scoring with his head when were discussing his chance on Tuesday night,shows how much i know. As already mentioned i think Holt has been one of our best players this season. Good to sit back and relax tomorrow and hopefully watch the teams round about us in the league drop points. :fan: