V Morton

fifexile

6 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Another big game. Hope Ayr get a win tonight but that only helps if we win tomorrow. What's everyone's thoughts?  Turner changed things on Tuesday so I'd keep him in. Any word on Graham's back spasm?.If he's fully fit I'd start him with Alegria.

Turner in. Graham up front with Jukubiak. 

I understand that there may be major delays for car drivers on the M8 heading towards Greenock tomorrow due to roadworks near Bishopton/Erskine Bridge turn offs. Maybe a day for leaving early or finding an alternative route or travelling by train or even paddle steamer.

We cannot pre-buy tickets, so expect a big delay at the turnstiles as well.

Apologies for the above dismal comments. Hopefully in true Big Wull manner, the team arrives on the pitch fired up and ready to play from the off.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I thought we could buy tickets? Has something changed?

I think their system is just a shambles, tbh. I tried a few times to buy online and it just wouldn't work. They're saying it's a cash gate now-whether that means they're in the 20th C and we can pay with a card in a cash gate is another matter.

12 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

I think their system is just a shambles, tbh. I tried a few times to buy online and it just wouldn't work. They're saying it's a cash gate now-whether that means they're in the 20th C and we can pay with a card in a cash gate is another matter.

Cappielow may have 19th century facilities but you can't fault them when it comes to modern pricing. Charging £20/£15 for the luxury of standing in a shed, or if you're under five foot in height the privilege of sitting in a restricted view stand, is ahead of its time.

• Haha 1

Any result better than Arbroath and Killie would be a massive bonus, but just matching their best results from here on in, as long as we beat Dunfermline, would mean that we probably only need to beat either one of them to win the league, if I have done the arithmetic right. Sounds easy.

3 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

Any result better than Arbroath and Killie would be a massive bonus, but just matching their best results from here on in, as long as we beat Dunfermline, would mean that we probably only need to beat either one of them to win the league, if I have done the arithmetic right. Sounds easy.

Ever the optimist !

Like the last game, we will thump them and lose 1-0

21 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Cappielow may have 19th century facilities but you can't fault them when it comes to modern pricing. Charging £20/£15 for the luxury of standing in a shed, or if you're under five foot in height the privilege of sitting in a restricted view stand, is ahead of its time.

Never understood why people think Cappielow is a good place to watch football as away fan.

Since they reduced the size of the away end under the cowshed the view is terrible and when the wind blows that section of the roof flaps about like its going to go airborne. The barbed wire around the floodlight pylon gives it the feel of a P.O.W camp. The stand doesn't have a great view of the pitch and if you're over 5ft tall you struggle to get legs in the footwell. Only part of the ground with a decent view is the benches behind the goal and they rarely open that bit now. 

I'm not a great fan of lego built modern stadiums but how that ground passes Health & Safety inspections surprises me.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

The ticketing site is still absolutely hopeless-just tried again and after going through countless loops to try to get an adult and student ticket before it fell over, I gave up.

It’s useless but I managed to get an adult & under 12 ticket. It took a bit of time to find my tickets to download though

Just now, jaggy said:

It’s useless but I managed to get an adult & under 12 ticket. It took a bit of time to find my tickets to download though

That's good to know-each time I selected both my tickets and went to the checkout, it told me those seats weren't available so I should select others. Even though the seats were marked as available initially. Even though the wee dublin end has all those benches rather than seats, if I remember.

First rule of business-once a customer decides to buy your product or service, make it as easy as possible for them to hand over their dosh.

There were errors processing your submission

• Partick Thistle on 12/03/2022 @ 3:00pm - One or more seats are currently unavailable, please review your selection and try again.

Fecking hopeless-far more important things to be wasting my time with. I think I'll pay for both tickets tomorrow completely in 10p pieces just to annoy them.

I suppose this game is one of 9 mustering games!! Only joking.

I have been to Cappilow a few times but  not for many years given I live in  NE  Scotland. Its a ground that never impressed me and from vomments on this thread nothing seems to have changed.

From memory though I recall it as a ground where we tend not to do well in terms if results. If  this is incorrect please feel free to correct me.

With Kilmarnock and Arbroath facing potentially difficult games I would settle for a point though would prefer 3.

I think we arecgoing to have to score more that 1 goal to win this game andvperhaps as many as 3.

2 hours ago, partickthedog said:

I understand that there may be major delays for car drivers on the M8 heading towards Greenock tomorrow due to roadworks near Bishopton/Erskine Bridge turn offs. Maybe a day for leaving early or finding an alternative route or travelling by train or even paddle steamer.

Apologies for the above dismal comments. Hopefully in true Big Wull manner, the team arrives on the pitch fired up and ready to play from the off.

Big delays last Saturday afternoon - probably stuck in it for about 30-45 mins.

38 minutes ago, westertonjagfan said:

• Partick Thistle on 12/03/2022 @ 3:00pm - One or more seats are currently unavailable, please review your selection and try again.

Fecking hopeless-far more important things to be wasting my time with. I think I'll pay for both tickets tomorrow completely in 10p pieces just to annoy them.

Has Greenock decimalised or are they still on  LSD?

2 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

No live stream tomorrow???

As we travel to face Greenock Morton at Cappielow, the home side will be livestreaming the game for any fans who can't make it to the match.
The stream is priced at £14 and can be purchased here: https://tv.gmfc.net/.../morton-v-partick-thistle-12th.../

4 minutes ago, Fawlty Towers said:
As we travel to face Greenock Morton at Cappielow, the home side will be livestreaming the game for any fans who can't make it to the match.
The stream is priced at £14 and can be purchased here: https://tv.gmfc.net/.../morton-v-partick-thistle-12th.../

Thanks FT.   The second last paragraph of the match preview is perhaps not the most prominent place to advertise this!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, westertonjagfan said:

Same for me. There is of course no indication as to which seats are available. Having tried 3 seats in totally different random locations and got same reply, like you I gave up. 

I presume that if you keep trying, you might eventually get lucky, but I was not waiting to find out.

What an utterly stupid system!

5 hours ago, partickthedog said:

@partickthedogI will certainly try my best to fire them up, just hope they are as passionate and committed as me.

Edited by Big Wull
Spelling