V Morton

fifexile

25 minutes ago, dl1971 said:

John Buckley? 

22 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Was that the game where Rowson scored the absolute belter (20 rather than 40 yards) after the corner move which Scotland later copied for Sean Maloney to score v Ireland?

21 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Are you thinking of the home game where Jack Storer did exactly what you describe?

Just had a look at the records and not sure I can see it.

It would have been early 90's. The pitch was very muddy in the middle and the game was pretty poor.

I remember it mostly for two things. One the goal was a cracker and I'm sure the ball was played through the middle to Ray Farningham, who leathered it into the top corner.

The other thing I remember was being attacked by two Morton fans on the way back to the bus. Even the police were laughing at them, as they were outnumbered a 1000/1.

23 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Is he his usual ineffective self?

Done nothing noteworthy at all, tippy tappy without adding any threat just don’t see the point in him playing.  Jakubiak has impressed me today he’s popping up everywhere nice touches laying the ball off and running at people, becoming a slight fan of the guy.

23 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Take 1-0 at HT, need to be more effective up front, would like to see Murray on for Smith. Maybe Alegria with 15/20 to go for either Graham or Jakubiak.

Need another goal.

Algeria for Graham given he’s on a yellow? 

9 minutes ago, stillresigned said:

Very excitable locals in Greenock today  as far as you can  tell from the stream. Seems as if the’ve not had their fresh meat ration, for quite some considerable time.

Probably nae fresh veg either