Hall Of Fame 2022

jaggy

Fortunate enough to be going, and would have been there if Chris Erskine had been the only inductee.  Quality person and player in every way. Some of those goals especially in season 2012-2013 are forever etched in the memory.

Now all I need is the announcement of Jean Yves Anis to make the evening complete.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Fortunate enough to be going, and would have been there if Chris Erskine had been the only inductee.  Quality person and player in every way. Some of those goals especially in season 2012-2013 are forever etched in the memory.

Now all I need is the announcement of Jean Yves Anis to make the evening complete.

Are you mixing up the "Hall of Fame" with the "Hall of Shame"?

1 hour ago, jaggy said:

He wasn’t in the 71 team though

He got inducted as part of the squad that contributed to the 71 cup winning team , you’re absolutely correct he didn’t play in the final , he then got put into the Hall of Fame individually in 2015 

8 hours ago, jlsarmy said:

He got inducted as part of the squad that contributed to the 71 cup winning team , you’re absolutely correct he didn’t play in the final , he then got put into the Hall of Fame individually in 2015 

Really? I knew some players who played in early rounds such as McKinnon were included but I didn’t realise Anderson was one of them. I don’t really remember him playing that season, I thought it was after that season before he broke through

38 minutes ago, a f kincaid said:

6 starts and 2 sub appearances in season 71/72.

One of those sub appearances (his debut) was in a league Cup sectional game against Raith Rovers. So in some small way he was involved in our league Cup success. 

I looked that up BTW. My memory isn't that good. 

6 hours ago, elevenone said:

Another inductee.  Sadly before my time but certain a good few on here will remember him.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/hall-of-fame-2022-jimmy-davidson-to-be-inducted/

Legend.

As a wean in the 60s I used to see him fixing the pitch before matches and at half-time. My uncles (who took me to the games) explained how great a player he had been for the Jags.

11 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Legend.

As a wean in the 60s I used to see him fixing the pitch before matches and at half-time. 

I seem to mind that as well. My Dad, tho' not a Jags fan himself, often told me about the Jags legends I had just missed out on seeing play. Jimmy D was one.

Btw Anyone who can fix the pitch for tomorrow should be immediately inducted into the HoF!

• 2 weeks later...