Hall Of Fame 2022

jaggy

17 hours ago, elevenone said:

Another deserved inductee.

https://ptfc.co.uk/ptfc-news/hall-of-fame-2022-molly-stallan-to-be-inducted/

Mind selling programmes in late 80’s as a teen and Molly was so welcoming and a real part of the club.  :fan:

There was feeling among the fans that while Bertie (or whoever) ran the team, Molly ran the club. :worship:

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
30 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

Playing for Thistle 423 times, been involved in 4 of the 8 titles Thistle have won in our history and also managing Thistle to one of our highest placing in the top league. Imo well deserved honour for Archie.

Richly deserved. 

2 hours ago, Auld Jag said:

Playing for Thistle 423 times, been involved in 4 of the 8 titles Thistle have won in our history and also managing Thistle to one of our highest placing in the top league. Imo well deserved honour for Archie.

And one of the best ambassadors off the pitch for Thistle. Spoke to him a few times in hospitality after games and he was always happy to chat and have his picture taken with kids (big and small!)  Even though he was probably just wanting to get home.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I find it bizarre that any Thistle supporter wouldn’t think Alan Archibald is a worthy entrant to the hall of fame.

423 appearances, 10th on the list for all players. That alone is worthy I think whether you like him or not

• Like 1

22 hours ago, jaggy said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I find it bizarre that any Thistle supporter wouldn’t think Alan Archibald is a worthy entrant to the hall of fame.

423 appearances, 10th on the list for all players. That alone is worthy I think whether you like him or not

Of course , as you say, everyone has a different opinion of players. Personally my favourite player of all time is Jackie Campbell. One man club( Archie wasn't), 573 appearances. He is in the Hall of Fame in 1971 team, but not as an individual like Roughie. Why not?

2 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Of course , as you say, everyone has a different opinion of players. Personally my favourite player of all time is Jackie Campbell. One man club( Archie wasn't), 573 appearances. He is in the Hall of Fame in 1971 team, but not as an individual like Roughie. Why not?

I can’t argue with Jackie Campbell, but there are many inductees who weren’t ‘one club man’ so why single out Archie?

8 minutes ago, jaggy said:

I can’t argue with Jackie Campbell, but there are many inductees who weren’t ‘one club man’ so why single out Archie?

He took us up, yes on the back of McNamara's team. Took us to 6th, then completely lost it, relegated us, abject in the play offs, then left us languishing in the Championship.  Then brought back by his pal McCall( what for?. Old pals act?)

Not for me.

20 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

He took us up, yes on the back of McNamara's team. Took us to 6th, then completely lost it, relegated us, abject in the play offs, then left us languishing in the Championship.  Then brought back by his pal McCall( what for?. Old pals act?)

Not for me.

See that post right there - that shows just how petty you are, or you are hiding something else that you have against McCall.

6 minutes ago, Lenziejag said:

See that post right there - that shows just how petty you are, or you are hiding something else that you have against McCall.

That us your interpretation.  I have explained my reasons for what I think. You have picked up on the McCall thing. Does a club like Partick Thistle need 2 coaches? Why bring Archie back if McCall brought Scally with him. Either that or leave Scally at Ayr. Seems like an old pals act. At expense to the club. We don't have money to throw about. I have documented previously and vociferously of my views on McCall. Nothing he is doing is changing that. You are being rather petty yourself with selective choosing of your own agenda from the few reasons I gave.

I've always assumed that on each HoF night the inductees are chosen on a variable basis (eras played/managed, roles within the Club etc ) rather than on some ever diminishing list of merit. Otherwise if the latter criteria applied induction nights would be losing value as each one goes by.  So whether Alan Archibald is inducted before Jackie Campbell is completely immaterial.

I cannot for the life of me see why AA who played over 400 times for the Club, many as captain wouldn't deservedly make it into the HoF. I guess he'd have had to have made off with 50/50 money or deliberately vandalised the pitch to be overlooked.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1