Jags v Hamilton

elevenone

1 hour ago, javeajag said:

McCall isn’t on the park and he didn’t give away the first goal and we do have 6-9 players out …. Blaming the manager is always the knee jerk reaction but some of the players need a kicking 

100 percent agree. Some OTT  shouts for McCall to go, imo. I'm as pissed off as everyone else about that today but I don't think that's a good idea at all. 

50 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The directors and board I am Also getting angry at.

for the rumoured £40,000 we have got from Queen’s Park we have a decimated pitch that will cost £200000 to repair, has probably caused injuries to key players like Tiffoney and foster, has resulted in Saturday games moved to midweek dropping revenue further and seem to have done nothing to provide funds in January to strengthen the squad when every other club has

Absolutely. The pitch sharing has been a disasterous decision.

On 3/18/2022 at 11:03 AM, exiledjag said:

If we dont win tomorrow I may even begin to do the our ability to finish in the top 4.

4- 0  Jags.

Apologies for quoting myself - i know its not the polite thing to do.

Well looks like I got the score correct but not the way I thought or hoped it would be!

Obviously a very poor result today  confirming we are clearly on a bad run and unless there is a big turn in fortunes a top 4 place is now in serious doubt!

I think what this result shows is that we are dependent on too few players, Tiffoney, Graham and Foster would certainly have made a difference today.

So another season in the Championship beckons. Smith must go as will Hendrie and McAllister. Jakubiac and Mayo will return to Dundee and Rangers respectively.  I think we will be fortunate to hold onto Tiffoney while Graham has a limited shelf life.

So big changes next season regardless of what happens from this point to the end of the season. 

2 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Apologies for quoting myself - i know its not the polite thing to do.

Well looks like I got the score correct but not the way I thought or hoped it would be!

Obviously a very poor result today  confirming we are clearly on a bad run and unless there is a big turn in fortunes a top 4 place is now in serious doubt!

I think what this result shows is that we are dependent on too few players, Tiffoney, Graham and Foster would certainly have made a difference today.

So another season in the Championship beckons. Smith must go as will Hendrie and McAllister. Jakubiac and Mayo will return to Dundee and Rangers respectively.  I think we will be fortunate to hold onto Tiffoney while Graham has a limited shelf life.

So big changes next season regardless of what happens from this point to the end of the season. 

Smith has another year on his contract.  And for an inexplicable reason seems to be constantly guaranteed a start under McCall- unfortunately I can see him still being here and being a totally ineffectual player 

Just now, Anniesland Jag said:

Thought the walkout by large sections of our support in second half did not help confidence which is obviously down right now .

Agree. I can only imagine how the players feel to see the North Stand streaming out.  Support folks' right to make their feelings known but FFS  can we not do that and still support the team.

• Like 2

My only laugh today was late on when I heard the familiar cry of "McCall, FFS Change It!". This after replacing a midfielder with a centreback,  going to three at the back, replacing a centre forward with a left back and finally moving another left back up to centre forward. Can criticise McCall with plenty today but about the only thing he was not guilty of was changing things. :)

This was one of the most embarrassing days in all the many years I have been going to games at Firhill. Hamilton didn't have to be particularly capable but they had a game plan and determination and won easily. The powderpuff header late on by Docherty from about 20 yards out that bounced gently into the keeper's arms was our only effort on target - I joined in the ironic cheers.

I had real concerns when I saw the line-up but I wasn't expecting the catastrophic error from Sneddon or Mayo having a shocker. Akinola's confidence seems to have been shattered since his sending off...Smith and Crawford were again anonymous...Turner lightweight...Docherty poor. 

However, even worse than the limitations of the players and the recruitment and tactics of the management is the quite deplorable state of the playing surface. It looked like they were playing with a trick weighted football that bounced at strange angles. The attritional games on the mudheap did not make for quality football but I feared that when the pitch dried out it would be bare and rutted and even worse for games as a spectacle. The players can't enjoy playing on that surface and I don't really want to watch games like we saw today.

We can't be far away from an official censure for having a pitch which isn't fit for purpose. The Club owe us an explanation...this may cost us the chance of promotion although that might be a blessing as we are nowhere near the standard required for the top League.

2 hours ago, scotty said:

Problem is we're having too many one-offs.

Today the worst performance this season by far. Although our recent performances have not been the best we have managed to grind out results, so yes i hope today is a one off.

Imo people calling for McCall to be sacked is over the top, we are 4th and in with a chance of a play off place. Also saying we won the league by default last season is also over the top. It is not our fault Falkirk imploded and we did have to be better than a number of other teams to win the title as we were 6th at one point.

Today was very disappointing but we will not go down, the worst place i think we will finish is 5th. Lets see how next season starts before any calls for sacking the manager.

Edited by Auld Jag
forgot to put by default

1 hour ago, Third Lanark said:

I think to be honest you could be any team anywhere and when you have conceded a 4th goal the majority of fans will walk out

Never in all my years supporting this crazy, often frustrating but wonderful  old team have I ever felt the need to boo let alone turn my back on my team and walk out on a bad day…especially on one when our team is obviously depleted, struggling a bit  and our season is on a knife edge .Sorry to say but I felt a tinge of shame today when walkout started as I thought we were better than that .

Nows the time to get behind the team and leave any reckoning till end of reason .

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Never in all my years supporting this crazy, often frustrating but wonderful  old team have I ever felt the need to boo let alone turn my back on my team and walk out on a bad day…especially on one when our team is obviously depleted, struggling a bit  and our season is on a knife edge .Sorry to say but I felt a tinge of shame today when walkout started as I thought we were better than that .

Nows the time to get behind the team and leave any reckoning till end of reason .

Agree. Unless we lose every game from now to the end of the season McCall should still be in charge next season.

32 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

100%. There are four guys behind me in the JHS who spend every game effing and blinding and shouting at individual players that they are shite. Today they did some very ironic cheers when Sneddon came out and took a cross well. A couple of fans around them called them out about it, which was good to see. 

49 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

That was way beyond the end of reason !

• Like 1

Be lucky to make the play offs now, I remember when McCall came he said the balance in the squad was off and that was the first thing he wanted to fix. I feel like there’s still no balance to it be honest. 

We’ve got Banzo, Docherty, Smith, Turner, Crawford. All central midfield players. 
We’ve got Tiffoney, Murray, and McAllister (who hasn’t kicked a ball) As wingers. 
Then up front Graham, Jakubiak and Allegra. 

Why do wee need Smith, Turner and Crawford? He’s playing 4-4-2 most games, I feel like he should have accounted for that. 

Anyway I suspect there’s been a shortage of cash this season and I can accept that because of what happend to us, and I never expected us to challenge for promotion this season I was hoping we would sneak the play offs at the start of the season. But at the same time we got ourselves in a decent position during January and all we brought in was 3 players on loan. Surely you want to improve the squad at that point and go for it??

Confidence is low but I hope we sneak a play off place And Tiffoney is fit, we will be lucky to have him next season. 

One last thing, Cammy Smitth is trash.

One last last thing McCall definitely having a dig at the people above him in that interview about the pitch, it’s been a terrible decision but yet again McCall Hamilton came to hoof the ball long because that’s the way you have to play at Firhill? Maybe we should be adapting to it since it’s our home park !

Edited by Thistle88
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

How dare Thistle fans pay from their hard earned cash in a difficult financial situation to show disapproval of an shambolic performance by walking out. How dare they use that right they have!

Would never moan at anyone for walking out, football can be unenjoyable and it the end of the day you are paying money for entertainment.

On the other hand being sarcastic when our keeper collects a corner is just ******* stupid in my opinion! I just don’t see any good reason for it other than being a ***** !

6 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

The directors and board I am Also getting angry at.

for the rumoured £40,000 we have got from Queen’s Park we have a decimated pitch that will cost £200000 to repair, has probably caused injuries to key players like Tiffoney and foster, has resulted in Saturday games moved to midweek dropping revenue further and seem to have done nothing to provide funds in January to strengthen the squad when every other club has

Minimum £250k for the park possibility double. Add on the JHS roof and main stand roof and we’re over a million quid in the hole.