Jags v Hamilton

elevenone

21 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Is there not too many loan players in the team simply because that’s all we can afford?

Maybe so, but bar Mayo would you want to see any of the others back? But I do think things are tight cash wise by the looks of things, McCall wanted to sign to players on full time basis in January and instead got 3 guys on loan, As well as losing Rudden, And Loaning Gordon and MCiver out. 

We could have done with them 2 on Saturday, I still think McCall should be trying to coach his team to use out shite pitch to our advantage. But he hasn’t at all but I reckon  there’s a bit of tension between the board and McCall right now.

On 3/20/2022 at 7:00 AM, Lenziejag said:

Only via the play off and it will take us to lose all our games and for Dunfermline to drop no more than 2 points. I think even you will think that it is a bit of a stretch if we get some of the players that were out back ?

It is however factually correct. The question asked was “Can we still be relegated” and as you have confirmed yourself, mathematically it is possible. Unlikely I will admit, but still possible.

Edited by Dick Dastardly

10 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Is there not too many loan players in the team simply because that’s all we can afford?

If we can't afford to buy players then there's not too many loan players. 

Putting aside the ability and attitude matters ideally all loan players coming to the Club should fall into two categories. Either we've brought them in with a chance of signing them like Tiffoney, Welsh, Balatoni etc. or they're players we can't afford to buy and their parent club is hopefully part funding the deal (Mayo?). I'm happy with that but grumble a bit when we bring in loanees that cost us say a full wage and we have no chance of signing. Again assuming attitude and ability aren't in question. 

20 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

What players will we get back from being lent to other teams?

Must admit: I liked Senna last season, but have been watching all of Alloa's highlights this season (good commentary!)....... I don't see much improvement (yet).

I think Senna has potential, I’d like to see him back 

Given that the pitch cannot be changed in the short term, I don't understand why none of the management team seemed to have realised that turning back and passing to a player behind was an invitation to the opposition to challenge for possession on that surface. Conversely, on the few occasions that the ball was taken forward, going past opposition players in midfield, it showed the problems for opponents trying to tackle without committing a foul on that surface - but no, the short pass back was persisted with, even after it had led to a goal being conceded. Turning with the ball and/or taking it past opposition players seemed to be beyond the wits of our players. That isn't even an argument for a long ball game - just avoiding one of the clear weaknesses in the team's play.

Of course, maybe the management team are subject to some kind of groupthink, like convincing themselves that Smith and Alegría are up to playing for the Jags. (Tbf, Alegría was found out and hooked, to be replaced up front by a defender. He might as well pack his bags and return across the Clyde.)

Just now, jaggy said:

Unfair on Alegria. He was up front on his own against defenders who were hell bent on getting him sent off. He had no service or support

So I keep getting told on here - too young, not enough service, playing against defenders trying to get him sent off. In the last game he had two opportunities on a plate, but we've yet to see him score. His gestures to the crowd in this game suggest a different kind of entertainer than a footballer.

9 minutes ago, jaggy said:

Unfair on Alegria. He was up front on his own against defenders who were hell bent on getting him sent off. He had no service or support

Had we cover on the bench, Alegria was a cert for early substitution. A second yellow looked on the cards. Playing lone striker with an early booking is a difficult enough task for an experienced forward never mind a virtual novice. I do tho' agree the comments you refer to are unfair on the guy. Been fairly impressed with his movement, positioning and looks decent with the ball at his feet.

6 hours ago, jaggy said:

Big question is, why was he up front on his own, when we're at home, trying to secure at least a promotion play-off spot, against a team that has been at best mediocre all season?