State of the Pitch

Prince of Partick

I think we all deserve some sort of response from our Chief Executive regarding the state of our pitch.

More than a few weeks ago we heard the club were bringing in a pitch expert and we would do what we had to do with the pitch following this inspection..

I attended the game yesterday with a friend and I totally embarrassed with the state of the pitch. 

A huge mud hole right in front of us was evident even before the game started, we even had the cheek to put on the sprinklers just prior to the kick off.

Our full/wing back McKenna appeared to be unwilling to make any runs down this wing (who could blame him)  he is one of our limited attacking options.

At half time our ground staff, 2 men with pitch forks never came near the mud hole, have even they given up.

I have some sympathy for the ground men, the weather has been crap, but do we really rely on 2 men with pitch forks ?

We need answers, the mud hole has been there for months, surely some sort of temporary re turfing was  possible this area.

Is the club skint, has the club  given up trying to get to the playoffs, have the players given up due to the state of the pitch.

On paper we have a a talented group of players who like to play football, they need a pitch to play the Partick Thistle way

Rumours are adrift about Fans Ownership, 3 Black Cats etc etc

We as fans are very loyal, playoffs are still possible, at the start of the season we would have taken where we are right now.

The Manager is an honest man, he has made selection mistakes, Jamie made mistakes yesterday but we all need to get behind the team, Tuesday night is key to our season .

Gerry/Jacqui where are you, we need answers 

We sat the in JHS close to the JLS, a huge mud hole was evident 

• Like 2

I hadn’t realised that the reason we bought in a pitch expert a month ago was because Queens Park were going to take legal action against us if we didn’t- due to the fact the pitch is not fit for purpose. 
Not that it is fit for purpose now either but more concern financially that we were getting to the stage of being threatened being sued by Queens Park 

4 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

I hadn’t realised that the reason we bought in a pitch expert a month ago was because Queens Park were going to take legal action against us if we didn’t- due to the fact the pitch is not fit for purpose. 
Not that it is fit for purpose now either but more concern financially that we were getting to the stage of being threatened being sued by Queens Park 

Where did you see this reported?

• 3 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

Watching the P.N.E. v Blackpool game just now, the pitch looks like a bowling green, not a a blade of grass out of place...

Was going to ask how did Liam Lindsay play but just then remembered he got sent off at weekend.  I did note a J Husband played in the match.

• 3 weeks later...

10 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

Good news indeed. This won't come cheap!

Personally I remain unconvinced that the root cause was the ground sharing arrangement & nothing else &, having sat through months of some pretty unbearable 'entertainment', I think the fans deserve significantly more detail, especially if the cost restricts the player budget.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Personally I remain unconvinced that the root cause was the ground sharing arrangement & nothing else &, having sat through months of some pretty unbearable 'entertainment', I think the fans deserve significantly more detail, especially if the cost restricts the player budget.

I wonder what the report that the club commissioned said? Frankly there's no point in lifting the surface and topsoil and replacing them if there are underlying problems with the drainage system.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fifexile said:

I wonder what the report that the club commissioned said? Frankly there's no point in lifting the surface and topsoil and replacing them if there are underlying problems with the drainage system.

As Algarve Jag says a kinda Catch22 situation. And, as Jimbo mentions and I fancy there's a good bit truth  in it, the groundsharing itself was far from solely responsible forthe state of the pitch. So just to stand still financially speaking we need to find income streams to replace the QP rental and also to cover the cost of the pitch repair. I'd like to know if keeping the financial outlay on the latter to a minimum precludes any semblance of the former. 

49 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

As Algarve Jag says a kinda Catch22 situation. And, as Jimbo mentions and I fancy there's a good bit truth  in it, the groundsharing itself was far from solely responsible forthe state of the pitch. So just to stand still financially speaking we need to find income streams to replace the QP rental and also to cover the cost of the pitch repair. I'd like to know if keeping the financial outlay on the latter to a minimum precludes any semblance of the former. 

Presumably the prize money for 4th (or 5th) in the Championship is more than winning league one.

• Like 1