Cameron Cooper

Fawlty Towers

45 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Can’t be any worse than the Rangers trialist

Did we have a trialist from Rangers playing? I thought it was Lewis Lovering in the game against Clyde?

We had been reported as one of a number of teams keen to sign Lewis in January?

Edited by Third Lanark

20 hours ago, Third Lanark said:

Haha don’t know about that.  There was an article linking us with him in January.  Mind you a bit worrying if we couldn’t even afford to sign a lad from the junior football 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.glasgowtimes.co.uk/sport/19871809.amp/

We didn't try to sign him during any transfer window - nothing worrying there to be honest. He is a player who, I believe, impressed when we went to watch Ocholi during his loan spell at Benburb so we asked to play him as a trialist in the Glasgow Cup.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, G SUS said:

We didn't try to sign him during any transfer window - nothing worrying there to be honest. He is a player who, I believe, impressed when we went to watch Ocholi during his loan spell at Benburb so we asked to play him as a trialist in the Glasgow Cup.

Thanks GRE that’s good to know. 

1 hour ago, policemans whistle said:

Photo of Cameron celebrating his goal at Westfield in this weeks Falkirk Herald.

Was some goal. Worth a watch if you can find it on YouTube.

I seen it, lost it and now can't find it again. A bit like searching for the bottle opener I put in the top drawer.

Their goal was special too btw.

3 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Was some goal. Worth a watch if you can find it on YouTube.

I seen it, lost it and now can't find it again. A bit like searching for the bottle opener I put in the top drawer.

Their goal was special too btw.

Think this is our lad opening the scoring.

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
4 hours ago, stuart_adam said:

Got told from a mate that he's off to West Ham this summer. No idea if true, but would sound about right for our youth system.

I hope he stays and develops for a few more years and he becomes a first team player but if he goes and we get a decent development fee then that is  what an academy system is for.  Teenagers are leaving the ugly sisters academies to go down south so don't see ours as any different. 

Aiden Fitzpatrick was an academy player who only played a couple of games before hewent to Norwich for a reported six figure fee. That sort of deal can keep the academy running for a couple of seasons

12 hours ago, fifexile said:

I hope he stays and develops for a few more years and he becomes a first team player but if he goes and we get a decent development fee then that is  what an academy system is for.  Teenagers are leaving the ugly sisters academies to go down south so don't see ours as any different. 

Aiden Fitzpatrick was an academy player who only played a couple of games before hewent to Norwich for a reported six figure fee. That sort of deal can keep the academy running for a couple of seasons

Fitzpatrick now about to start playing in Division 1 with relegated Queen of the South. His early move down south clearly doesn't seen to have been in his best interests.  The same might be said for Taylor-Sinclair, also gone from the "heights" of English football to the "**ites" of Scottish Division 1. Yes, they might have made a few quid quite quickly and for a short period, but whether it was best for their overall careers.

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Fitzpatrick now about to start playing in Division 1 with relegated Queen of the South. His early move down south clearly doesn't seen to have been in his best interests.  The same might be said for Taylor-Sinclair, also gone from the "heights" of English football to the "**ites" of Scottish Division 1. Yes, they might have made a few quid quite quickly and for a short period, but whether it was best for their overall careers.

I guess we can all think of players who thought they had made it in similar circumstances and failed to match their early promise. Hope the people around Cameron are looking after him and not just out for a quick payday.

Edited by fifexile