Cameron Cooper

Fawlty Towers

6 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Fitzpatrick now about to start playing in Division 1 with relegated Queen of the South. His early move down south clearly doesn't seen to have been in his best interests.  The same might be said for Taylor-Sinclair, also gone from the "heights" of English football to the "**ites" of Scottish Division 1. Yes, they might have made a few quid quite quickly and for a short period, but whether it was best for their overall careers.

Fitzpatrick seemed to be coming back into some form but injured himself celebrating a goal. At the time QOS supporters reckoned that would make a difference for the remaining games.He might be worth taking back for next season, if available.

9 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Fitzpatrick now about to start playing in Division 1 with relegated Queen of the South. His early move down south clearly doesn't seen to have been in his best interests.  The same might be said for Taylor-Sinclair, also gone from the "heights" of English football to the "**ites" of Scottish Division 1. Yes, they might have made a few quid quite quickly and for a short period, but whether it was best for their overall careers.

I'm sure you're right on many occasions. A lot of players leave from north of the border too early. Problem being they'll most likely make far more money from relative failure from a premature move down south than relative success staying in Scotland. Staying in Scotland that extra season or two is no guarantee that a lucrative move to England will still occur. Even if they develop as a footballer up here an injury could easily scupper things. 

On hindsight Fitzpatrick would've been better off moving to Norwich and immediately being loaned back. But Norwich wanted him for their U21s. The costs of speculating on young players for a club the size of even Norwich is chickenfeed these days. Sad reality.

26 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I'm sure you're right on many occasions. A lot of players leave from north of the border too early. Problem being they'll most likely make far more money from relative failure from a premature move down south than relative success staying in Scotland. Staying in Scotland that extra season or two is no guarantee that a lucrative move to England will still occur. Even if they develop as a footballer up here an injury could easily scupper things. 

On hindsight Fitzpatrick would've been better off moving to Norwich and immediately being loaned back. But Norwich wanted him for their U21s. The costs of speculating on young players for a club the size of even Norwich is chickenfeed these days. Sad reality.

The only success I have seen recently is Billy Gilmour.

36 minutes ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

Do you mean Jack Hendry?

That's him.

And as Dick Dastardly pointed out, he's certainly done not too badly; better than those that I mentioned, and we should probably add Rudden to that list: Thought he'd go on to better things....... at Dens Park!:lol:

Edited by Jaggernaut

• 4 weeks later...

Rangers want Cameron Cooper

Rangers want to land Partick Thistle youngster Cameron Cooper.

The Ibrox side are keen to land the Scotland under-17 international.

The teenage striker is highly-rated and Rangers are willing to pay compensation to get him this summer.

Cooper had come through the Thistle youth ranks.

2 hours ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Rangers want Cameron Cooper

Rangers want to land Partick Thistle youngster Cameron Cooper.

The Ibrox side are keen to land the Scotland under-17 international.

The teenage striker is highly-rated and Rangers are willing to pay compensation to get him this summer.

Cooper had come through the Thistle youth ranks.

If they can get £11,000.000.  for Nathan Patterson lets start about £500.000...................

I would be pretty upset if this transpired.  Not only a young, talented player but also one in a position where we consistently lack young talent.

Makes you wonder if an academy is really a good investment if the goal is to develop maybe 1-2 super talented players and then sell them off at a pittance.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, elevenone said:

7 figures,  a 50% sell on clause and more importantly the promise of never sending Juan Alegria our way again.

How does it work, for Thistle financially , if the player being sold is on The Weir Academy books not Partick Thistle FC Ltd books? 
Would all money go to academy as both club and academy are separate legal entities 

1 hour ago, Norgethistle said:

How does it work, for Thistle financially , if the player being sold is on The Weir Academy books not Partick Thistle FC Ltd books? 
Would all money go to academy as both club and academy are separate legal entities 

You have got all deep and heavy @Norgethistle :D.  Hoping you guys on Jags Foundation will have that answer?  My main concern was Alegria never darkening our door again.  :getmecoat:

15 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

We will probably swap Cooper for Alegria as he’s established first team. 

Rangers should pay us compensation for having the liability of Alegria.  He cost us any chance we had of promotion.

Ive never heard of young Cameron but this thread has made me feel depressed.

1 hour ago, Weebaw1 said:

Rangers should pay us compensation for having the liability of Alegria.  He cost us any chance we had of promotion.

Ive never heard of young Cameron but this thread has made me feel depressed.

A bit unfair to lay responsibility on Alegria for our promotion collapse. He hardly played and there were at least 10 other players on the park at any one time and that isn't including the management. 

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

A bit unfair to lay responsibility on Alegria for our promotion collapse. He hardly played and there were at least 10 other players on the park at any one time and that isn't including the management. 

The other players created chances, even if not as often as we would have liked. 

Alegria was given several of those chances (and a couple of half-chances).

Think: coo's erse and and banjo. And that's being kind to the coo.

1 hour ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

The horrendous miss against ICT might have made a difference to that tie, so he does take some responsibility 

13 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

I don't think Allegria didn't try or there were any elements of Billy Big Boots. He just doesn't appear to be any good at football. 

Reminds me of Steven Lennon, whom McCall tried every week to fit into our line-up and do something to show that his loan spell from Govan was a good one. 

We'd been doing pretty well in the league until those forced attempts to get SL to produce the goods, and he failed in every single game he played. A non-entity for Thistle, given the privilege of being first choice because he was on loan from Ibrox.

I ended up "hating" the guy, also partly due to a newspaper interview in which he was portrayed as asserting that he was destined for great things.

He ended up playing in Iceland (might still be there now). Saw a video of his move, history, and current situation there. Came across as a thoroughly nice guy, head firmly on shoulders, and model professional.

All of which just goes to show......

On 5/27/2022 at 10:49 PM, ChiThistle said:

I would be pretty upset if this transpired.  Not only a young, talented player but also one in a position where we consistently lack young talent.

Makes you wonder if an academy is really a good investment if the goal is to develop maybe 1-2 super talented players and then sell them off at a pittance.

Unfortunately it is out of Thistle’s control. I assume he is a young apprentice rather than a full time player and therefore if he wants to move he is pretty much free to do so with just training compensation coming our way.