Cameron Cooper

Fawlty Towers

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Reminds me of Steven Lennon, whom McCall tried every week to fit into our line-up and do something to show that his loan spell from Govan was a good one. 

We'd been doing pretty well in the league until those forced attempts to get SL to produce the goods, and he failed in every single game he played. A non-entity for Thistle, given the privilege of being first choice because he was on loan from Ibrox.

I ended up "hating" the guy, also partly due to a newspaper interview in which he was portrayed as asserting that he was destined for great things.

He ended up playing in Iceland (might still be there now). Saw a video of his move, history, and current situation there. Came across as a thoroughly nice guy, head firmly on shoulders, and model professional.

All of which just goes to show......

He’s still in Iceland and one of the highest paid players. I was working there recently & got chatting to an English guy playing there just now. He previously played for Brechin & Forfar under a certain Dick Campbell.  He thought that Lennon is still overrated in Iceland