We have a game tomorrow.....hello

thebiglemon

Apathy has well and truly engulfed me. I patched the Inverness game, the Hamilton game and didn't even know we were at home tomorrow until 5 minutes ago.

But thinking about going tomorrow.  Getting to the play offs is important even though we have no chance of going up.

Strangely looking forward to this one as I have no notions or illusions of us finishing higher than 5th given our current form and pool depletion .Arbroath have been a bit meh by their standards recently but have enough in their tank to out fox us .So will enjoy pre and post match swally and anything else is a bonus.

We can take a  lot of positives from the Killie game. We played well,   looked more like a football team and but for a late save by the Killie keeper might have got a draw!

So looking forward  to tomorrow's game and  the fact we appear to have grass on the pitch, another positive, I think we will finally beat Arbroath. Going for 2-1 the Jags!

2 hours ago, jags on tour said:

Will Graham or Jakubiak be fit? I don't have Jagzone so not sure who is available. Need a win tomorrow, chance to go 1 behind ICT and 5 ahead of Raith.

Only Mayo and Crawford confirmed as available. Seems like Graham was quite unwell but did some light training this week so not 100%. Not exactly thrilling. 

3 hours ago, exiledjag said:

We can take a  lot of positives from the Killie game. We played well,   looked more like a football team and but for a late save by the Killie keeper might have got a draw!

Strange how you can see a game so differently. Admittedly I thought we improved on our atrocious performances v Accies & Pars but I still believe we were poor at Rugby Pk. Apart from that improvement and it was from a real low I can't think of any positives from last week never mind a lot. True we could've sneaked a draw but we were outplayed most of the game. I can't even remember any individual performances of note. 

I do tho' sense that our improvement, no matter that it was from such a low, will be a boost to confidence. Combine that with hopefully a return of one or two key players then I fancy we're in with a good shout tomorrow. 

11 hours ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Strange how you can see a game so differently. Admittedly I thought we improved on our atrocious performances v Accies & Pars but I still believe we were poor at Rugby Pk. Apart from that improvement and it was from a real low I can't think of any positives from last week never mind a lot. True we could've sneaked a draw but we were outplayed most of the game. I can't even remember any individual performances of note. 

I do tho' sense that our improvement, no matter that it was from such a low, will be a boost to confidence. Combine that with hopefully a return of one or two key players then I fancy we're in with a good shout tomorrow. 

You are probably more correct in your assessment of the game than I am. There is so much negativity on this thread about the management, team and individual players I felt the need to do a bit of flag waving!

At the start of the season with less than 350K compared to every team we would be playing most fans had settled for a mid-table position with no mention of relegation or at best 4th place.  Yet two to three weeks ago we were actually in the mix for the Title and definitely punching above our weight (at least compared to our financial resources)!

Some chickens have come home to roost in the past few weeks, for example, our lack of depth up front, injuries and ill-health, the state of our pitch and the impact on the team generally of playing two games a week. Others would add losing Rudden to the above.

Yet here we are still in 4th place and at worst perhaps 5th after today's result. In other words exactly where many fans at the start of the season hoped we would be.

I agree that the squad needs a big overhaul for next season but I think a lot of the criticism of all things Partick Thistle comes from the built up  and now diminished hopes of possibly winning the league or at worst finishing second to now struggling to hold fourth place.

We need to be realistic this squad was never SPL quality.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

You are probably more correct in your assessment of the game than I am. There is so much negativity on this thread about the management, team and individual players I felt the need to do a bit of flag waving!

At the start of the season with less than 350K compared to every team we would be playing most fans had settled for a mid-table position with no mention of relegation or at best 4th place.  Yet two to three weeks ago we were actually in the mix for the Title and definitely punching above our weight (at least compared to our financial resources)!

Some chickens have come home to roost in the past few weeks, for example, our lack of depth up front, injuries and ill-health, the state of our pitch and the impact on the team generally of playing two games a week. Others would add losing Rudden to the above.

Yet here we are still in 4th place and at worst perhaps 5th after today's result. In other words exactly where many fans at the start of the season hoped we would be.

I agree that the squad needs a big overhaul for next season but I think a lot of the criticism of all things Partick Thistle comes from the built up  and now diminished hopes of possibly winning the league or at worst finishing second to now struggling to hold fourth place.

We need to be realistic this squad was never SPL quality.

We have probably had the same as other championship clubs, just from a different source - 3BC. We will definitely be no worse than 4th after today, as ours is the only game, but unless we get a good result we will be struggling to hold on to 4th or even 5th.

Just a last reminder to all Jags fans wherever you may be (and regardless of what is happening on the pitch!) to set your watches to 15.31 UK time today and join in a minute's applause in memory of and thanksgiving for Robert Watson. Thank you to all who have passed on the word in many different ways. 

For more information about (and brilliant photographs of) this remarkable young man, please read the separate "Remembering Robert Watson" thread.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3