Auld felth

Jaggernaut

Because of the Japanese link, I just watched the game that just finished in Govan, for the first time since Nakamura played for Ce*tic.

Got to admit it was great entertainment from start to finish, with play from both sides that was far superior to anything that we see at level we are at.

Sure, the pitch looked how a football pitch should look, so passing and first touches were perhaps easier, but even so, compared to last night's match at Firhill the quality was literally in another league altogether.

Maybe we'll get to play more like that after we win promotion.......

• Downvote 1

12 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Because of the Japanese link, I just watched the game that just finished in Govan, for the first time since Nakamura played for Ce*tic.

Got to admit it was great entertainment from start to finish, with play from both sides that was far superior to anything that we see at level we are at.

Sure, the pitch looked how a football pitch should look, so passing and first touches were perhaps easier, but even so, compared to last night's match at Firhill the quality was literally in another league altogether.

Maybe we'll get to play more like that after we win promotion.......

It was a dreadful match. For the finances these scumbags have at their disposal compared to everyone else.Quality wise it was bilge.At least we don't throw broken bottles, plastic cup or coins at the players.

Edited by Garscube Road End 2

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

I'm sure the majority of the fans from forty clubs throughout Scotland wish that was the case.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, jaggy said:

4 Scottish players on the pitch at the start. Not sure of my point really but to me it’s very poor

That's been a bone of contention for a long time. 

So, the question arises, If a Thistle team with around half of the players being non-Scots started playing tremendous football, winning trophies, attracting  attention from other clubs and countries...., would we complain that it's "very poor"?

Today's game was just another reminder of what holds Scottish Football back. Absolute hate fest from start to finish.

Glass bottles on the pitch, coins thrown at players and songs about killing folk because of their religion. The home team so desperate to hang onto the history of its now dead previous incarnation that they have to put up signs all over the stadium saying "This is the old firm"

Always amazes me that Thistle got into trouble for fans singing the ftp & queen song but the sash bash tunes can be trotted out every Saturday without any sanction.

The actual football played was entertaining because of what was at stake but poor quality. The number of times possession was given away or turned over is not what you expect from good teams. No real attempt to construct passing moves or impose any real pattern of play. 

15 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

So, the question arises, If a Thistle team with around half of the players being non-Scots started playing tremendous football, winning trophies, attracting  attention from other clubs and countries...., would we complain that it's "very poor"?

Not really answering your question but we've played teams containing a minority of Scots often enough in recent seasons. 

38 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Where was the tremendous football?

6 minutes ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Was there a game in Glasgow today ?….wondered why there was  plethora of middle aged, pot bellied troglodytes squeezed into fitba tops roaring at each other today .

I can only pray those Rangers fans don't do any damage to the stadium. The earlier they **** off back to Cove the better. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Well, most of the posts on here so far show me that there's actually little point in suggesting pretty much anything, if you're a Jags fan and you want to give anything remotely approaching appreciation of football from the erse cheeks.

Yes, there was the totally unacceptable throwing of object onto the the pitch (and at players) by the morons. Yes, there was the totally abhorrent tribal chants that we all know. But despite all that, the two teams served up what to me what a highly entertaining game with football of the quality that we have simply never seen in our league this season. "Dreadful"??  Well, show something  better in our matches this season. That was my point. Our stuff is pretty crap, and I don't believe that it's worth the money we pay. What we saw today was better, to the point (for me) of being enjoyable. So, if even that is "dreadful," what is good football, and how many teams can be expected to produce it? 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Well, most of the posts on here so far show me that there's actually little point in suggesting pretty much anything, if you're a Jags fan and you want to give anything remotely approaching appreciation of football from the erse cheeks.

Yes, there was the totally unacceptable throwing of object onto the the pitch (and at players) by the morons. Yes, there was the totally abhorrent tribal chants that we all know. But despite all that, the two teams served up what to me what a highly entertaining game with football of the quality that we have simply never seen in our league this season. "Dreadful"??  Well, show something  better in our matches this season. That was my point. Our stuff is pretty crap, and I don't believe that it's worth the money we pay. What we saw today was better, to the point (for me) of being enjoyable. So, if even that is "dreadful," what is good football, and how many teams can be expected to produce it? 

How on earth can you equate our league yo the 2 scumbags. They both have millions at their disposal. Celtic alone spent 20 million on players, Rangers are ( again) racking up millions in debt and are fast heading towards another liquidation( I hope). For the money they have spent the football on show was poor. Yes, our division is guff, but as we are on chocolate buttons and the 2 scumbags are on champagne truffles it just cannot be compared. This isn't about hate of those 2( and I hate them with all my being) it is about the massive gulf that exists between them and the rest. As they say " the baw is burst"

2 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Nope most wouldn't care. They are Thistle players wherever they come from. Saying thatI'd love us to continue to develop home grown talent as well.

Have to laugh at Rangers pulling out the barby derby in OZ but having ‘ this is the old firm’  going round the stadium on the advertisment boards and on the wee arch they walk through prior to kick off’. An absolute joke of a club, glad Celtic beat them. Get yer money on St Midden to beat the Bears next Sunday. Clyde SSB was a good laugh post match!

6 hours ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

How on earth can you equate our league yo the 2 scumbags. They both have millions at their disposal. Celtic alone spent 20 million on players, Rangers are ( again) racking up millions in debt and are fast heading towards another liquidation( I hope). For the money they have spent the football on show was poor. Yes, our division is guff, but as we are on chocolate buttons and the 2 scumbags are on champagne truffles it just cannot be compared. This isn't about hate of those 2( and I hate them with all my being) it is about the massive gulf that exists between them and the rest. As they say " the baw is burst"

Thanks for merely reinforcing what I stated in my previous post.

Regardless of whether the game itself was good/bad (I don't have sky so got no idea) seeing the 2nd half delayed while broken glass was removed from the pitch and a member of staff having to be treated after being hit by a bottle hardly serves Scottish football well. I'm coming round to the idea of both arse cheeks going off to another league but I wonder which league would be desperate enough to think they would add anything to their existing league?

Like it or not, the ugly sisters do bring money to the Scottish game. Without them, TV, sponsorship and European income, which benefits all clubs would drop. Probably significantly. It is true that the leagues would become more competitive, but at an overall lower standard.

Whatever league they are in, they would still bring their baggage to the Scottish media and to the streets of Glasgow on derby day, so some things won’t change.

Would we be better without them ? A bit damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

3 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Like it or not, the ugly sisters do bring money to the Scottish game. Without them, TV, sponsorship and European income, which benefits all clubs would drop. Probably significantly. It is true that the leagues would become more competitive, but at an overall lower standard.

Whatever league they are in, they would still bring their baggage to the Scottish media and to the streets of Glasgow on derby day, so some things won’t change.

Would we be better without them ? A bit damned if you do, damned if you don’t.

All good points DD.  Debatable if the improve the overall standard of Scottish football diven how little of the overall   income seems to filter down through the leagues.  One bonus of them playing in an English league set up is that there would only be 2 league derbies a season and no Scottish Cup or League Cup games (assuming the spfl/sfa dont fall over themselves to invite their 'B' teams into the league structure...oh wait....)

Edited by fifexile
Typo

24 minutes ago, fifexile said:

All good points DD.  Debatable if the improve the overall standard of Scottish football diven how little of the overall   income seems to filter down through the leagues.  One bonus of them playing in an English league set up is that there would only be 2 league derbies a season and no Scottish Cup or League Cup games (assuming the spfl/sfa dont fall over themselves to invite their 'B' teams into the league structure...oh wait....)

The torture will never stop.