Queen of the South.......today

thebiglemon

you know what  fair play to mccall and the assistant managers

we now have the makings of a reasonable pub team

totally outplayed for the majority of the game

queens far better than us, better possession. more pace in their side. created the majority of chances

tiffoney scored the goal but sneddon saved our bacon

Dumfries police looking for 3 points stolen from Palmerston. Underlines why I’m not confident in the playoffs.. Queens were more up for it than us and in big one to one games that’s the worry. “Dug meat” tonight indeed! 

Full marks to Tiff and the nice touch from Graham to steal it. Underlines they are essential to the team. And a nearly fit Jakubiak is twice the player of Smith.

And a big save again from Sneddon to keep us in it. 

Hopefully we find form in the remaining games.

41 minutes ago, Albert's Ghost said:

Feel a bit sorry for QoS.  I've seen us lose like that so many times, to awful teams like Ross Co, St. J.  Ugh.

Sneddon was fantastic tonight 0- a wee bit lucky too.

Seen it happen too many times to us to feel any sympathy I'm afraid...

I know we weren't very good tonight and we haven't been very good since the turn of the year or as his admirers might say since post-Rudden.  I do think though we should give the team credit for sticking to the task even when the flow of the game was going against them. I didn't see any lack of fight or commitment - but read the next paragraph.

I still feel our main problem is that we have players who make very little real impact on the game excepting the occasional good moment. Players like Smith, Crawford and I hate to say it, Turner! Consequently our midfield always seems to be on a scale of  struggling to being overrun! I don't doubt the commitment of these player but I do doubt their ability to make a difference. Turners dead ball skills being the exception.

One thing though, and not an excuse, but I haven't seen a game where the run of the ball favoured one side so much. Every loose ball, deflection, rebound and ricochet seem to go to a Queens player. Not to take anything away from the VG play of  Gibson  Paton, and Connolly  and other Queens players  this run of good fortune certainly made their good performance easier!

We can now look forward to the Raith game and more so if Morton can beat them tomorrow.

.just one question - where has the free flowing  football of the first half of the season gone?

• Like 1

A clean sheet and 3 points. Without doubt a smash and grab by us but in all my years in supporting Thistle i have seen it done to us many a time. At this time of the season it is all about the result and this was the case for both teams tonight. Quite clear where QOS problem is, they made a number of very good chances and although i thought Sneddon was motm there was some he should never had any chance with. Once we scored i thought our game management was good.

Relax tomorrow and watch the results come in. Next week against Raith Rovers could decide if we have booked our play off place.

• Like 1