Queen of the South.......today

thebiglemon

34 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

It all depends if the club declare a player fit to play. Doesn't it?

I don’t know. That’s why I asked the question. And anyway as it’s now 9 subs, it’s fairly easy to put fit players on the bench and not play them as long as we aren’t bringing in a teamful of youngsters. But even so, if they are part of the 1st team squad they should be eligible to play whether it is the 1st game or last game. Every game is still worth 3 points.

17 hours ago, exiledjag said:

Totally agree.

The play-off system iin Scotland s a nonsense and unfair

We should have the same play-off model as that in England  that is, two semi-finals and a final.

Don't remember anyone complaining  about the rules when we were the Premier league team in the play offs. 

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, lady-isobel-barnett said:

Assuming their loan periods are up and their clubs are not involved in play offs, can the likes of Sena, McIver, Gordon etc take part in our play offs?

No. Their registrations remain at their loan club until 10th June when the next transfer window opens.

So even though we may say they have been released on 1st May(for example), they remain registered until the next registration window.

Edited by G SUS

On 4/9/2022 at 12:24 PM, fenski said:

There were a few moments I thought the Queen's players were passing the ball in a different way because of the pitch - using a softer touch. Maybe the pitch affected our performance more than I thought at the time.

I don't think you should write off artificial surfaces though - some are definitely alot better than others.

This was how I saw it, too: the QoS players were used to playing on that pitch, and it showed. To some extent, that is always the case on a plastic pitch, as none of them is consistent. In that respect, they are no better than grass pitches, but often wildly inconsistent in a way grass pitches cannot be.

2 hours ago, G SUS said:

No. Their registrations remain at their loan club until 10th June when the next transfer window opens.

So even though we may say they have been released on 1st May(for example), they remain registered until the next registration window.

Thank you. That is a helpful answer, though not necessarily helpful to the Thistle cause! I am assuming that the same applies to Rudden, and that he could not play for us, even if Dundee were automatically relegated, and we were playing (for example) St Johnstone.

Going further, Jakubiak can play in any play off games prior to the final. If we then had to play Dundee, he could not play for either team, but if it was St Johnstone, he could play for us.

I appreciate that all of this may be irrelevant speculation!

3 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Thank you. That is a helpful answer, though not necessarily helpful to the Thistle cause! I am assuming that the same applies to Rudden, and that he could not play for us, even if Dundee were automatically relegated, and we were playing (for example) St Johnstone.

Going further, Jakubiak can play in any play off games prior to the final. If we then had to play Dundee, he could not play for either team, but if it was St Johnstone, he could play for us.

I appreciate that all of this may be irrelevant speculation!

Yes, Rudden’s registration, like all loans, is temporarily held by the loanee club until the next registration window. 

Jakubiak can play in the playoffs for us in all ties, as long as we don’t face Dundee. It is an SPFL rule that players can’t play against clubs which permanently hold their registration, even though they may be temporarily playing with someone else.

32 minutes ago, G SUS said:

Yes, Rudden’s registration, like all loans, is temporarily held by the loanee club until the next registration window. 

Jakubiak can play in the playoffs for us in all ties, as long as we don’t face Dundee. It is an SPFL rule that players can’t play against clubs which permanently hold their registration, even though they may be temporarily playing with someone else.

It’s probably academic. Rudden doesn’t look like he is a starter for Dundee and from what I have seen Jakubiak playing or not won’t make much difference 

2 hours ago, Dick Dastardly said:

It’s probably academic. Rudden doesn’t look like he is a starter for Dundee and from what I have seen Jakubiak playing or not won’t make much difference 

It's probably academic as they're likely to finish bottom

5 hours ago, dibble said:

Very academic cause we won’t make the play off finals

Still, it would be helpful to know in advance what rules are likely to apply to all players. Without that advance clarity, it would make it difficult to pick a team line-up to win

21 hours ago, G SUS said:

Generally loan players don't play against their parent club. For example Gordon wasn't able to play for QotS last Friday. If (and I know it's a long shot) would Rudden and Jukubiak be barred from playing if we met Dundee in the play off final? 

I suspect it depends on the details of the agreement. 

4 hours ago, Muscat Jag said:

Generally loan players don't play against their parent club. For example Gordon wasn't able to play for QotS last Friday. If (and I know it's a long shot) would Rudden and Jukubiak be barred from playing if we met Dundee in the play off final? 

I suspect it depends on the details of the agreement. 

If Thistle played Dundee in the final of the playoff then neither Rudden or Jakubiak would be able to play. It's an SPFL rule that loan players can't play against their parent club - even if it was to be included in an agreement, it would still be against SPFL rules.

• Like 1