Independent Fans Statement

Norgethistle

Thank you to everyone who has endorsed or asked to be added as a co-signatory.  We were confident we had judged the mood of fellow fans and you are proving us correct. 

We will release another batch of co-signatories shortly. Please let us know if you would like to be added by simply commenting agreement below. 

It would be encouraging to see our three fan representative board members add their signatures as we try to unify the support for the second coming of TJF.  

Can we tempt you
@alan Caldwell
@Andrew Byron 
@john penman

A few days ago I sent the following open letter to TJF, The Partick Thistle board and the CEO.

I may have used the wrong contacts but I only received a reply from TJF

Your fan statement is more eloquent and forceful and I would like to be added to the  list of signatories 

Do I have to do anything further to be added?    Iain Brand   TJF member 44 

Copy of open letter to TJF, 3BC, the Partick Thistle Board and CEO 

I want to express my great disappointment on reading the statements made about the breakdown of talks to bring Partick Thistle under fan ownership.

To 3BC, the Partick Thistle Board and CEO

The fairly low membership of TJF might be disappointing, however 500 paid members of TJF represents a much larger fan group than the board and 3BC. So, I urge you to reconsider your position, and restart talks with TJF immediately.

This whole process has been very secretive. You need to let the fans into the discussion. After all this is all about the fans of Partick Thistle. So, for example, why not publish your criteria for “fit and proper” custodians and let us, the fans, discuss them.   

To TJF  

Forget about “due diligence” The club has to be passed onto the fans, as Colin Weir wished, If we inherit debts, then we deal with them when in charge

TJF appear to have appointed directors, and representative for the board, without any involvement of the fans who are members of TJF. This doesn’t sound like fan ownership, You need to sort this, by setting up meaningful elections.

Your bulletins lack new content. I would urge you to be more open with the fans about your thoughts and discussions, both internally and externally.

My main points are you all need to

·        work towards restarting talks.

·        be more open with the fans.

·        If there are problems of personality, sort them

Apologies if there are any errors in my assertions, or clumsiness in my language. I have not read every bulletin or web site, and I’ve tried to keep my content concise.

Yours sincerely.

Iain Brand

Season ticket holder BB99 TJF member 44

As I have said previously I have not been particularly interested in who owns the club as long as the owners have the best interests on the club at heart.

My main concern  as someone who has supported the Jags for over 60 years  is the continuing existence and development of the club I love.

I am now particularly concerned that the transfer of shares has become a political issue and fearful that participates lose sight of the main objective and that is the well being of the club and all that it stands for!

At some point the Board of Directors  (of PTFC) and the fans representative body  be it TJF or some other body are going to have to sit down and talk through the issues. The adversarial positions now being adopted will not serve the club well.

I am will in future pay more attention to this issue as I am now mire than ever fearful that we may not have a future.

"Low was contacted by Herald and Times Sport for an interview but turned down the opportunity, saying that the issues raised would only be discussed at the end of the season. Partick Thistle were given the chance to respond to the claims made in this article and Herald and Times Sport were simply directed towards Saturday’s statements from 3BC and the club"

JL's contempt for the fans knows no bounds. 

9 hours ago, Norgethistle said:

Thank you to everyone who has endorsed or asked to be added as a co-signatory.  We were confident we had judged the mood of fellow fans and you are proving us correct. 

We will release another batch of co-signatories shortly. Please let us know if you would like to be added by simply commenting agreement below. 

It would be encouraging to see our three fan representative board members add their signatures as we try to unify the support for the second coming of TJF.  

Can we tempt you
@alan Caldwell
@Andrew Byron 
@john penman

I would be happy to have my name added.