Independent Fans Statement

Norgethistle

1 hour ago, Fawlty Towers said:

Looking forward to seeing the updated list of names on Monday, it seems that our chairman has managed to unite our fans but not in the way she intended.

Doesn't matter what we do, she doesn't give a flying **** what we think or want. It's all about her and her patsy Britton. 

Sorry, I may a bit slow to comprehend, but what is the point of this (before I add my name), and how is it different to what has been going on until now, other than "I'm not happy (our team's performances are crap), so I'm protesting"?

How many of the 600 or so ("Add my name!") signatories would for example deliver 100 quid towards "the cause", and how many of them in fact know what "the cause" is, other than Low/Britton/McCall out  -- Delete as appropriate? 

In other words, is this just the modern-day equivalent of old-time banner protests and heckling at the main entrance to the Firhill, because results are poor? But online gives it a new gravitas?

It certainly seems like a popular cause, but for what.... is it simply for, "clarification?"

If it's about potential liabilities and hidden costs, then why not make that explicit, and then let's see the  real level of support among the signatories. 

5 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

Sorry, I may a bit slow to comprehend, but what is the point of this (before I add my name), and how is it different to what has been going on until now, other than "I'm not happy (our team's performances are crap), so I'm protesting"?

How many of the 600 or so ("Add my name!") signatories would for example deliver 100 quid towards "the cause", and how many of them in fact know what "the cause" is, other than Low/Britton/McCall out  -- Delete as appropriate? 

In other words, is this just the modern-day equivalent of old-time banner protests and heckling at the main entrance to the Firhill, because results are poor? But online gives it a new gravitas?

It certainly seems like a popular cause, but for what.... is it simply for, "clarification?"

If it's about potential liabilities and hidden costs, then why not make that explicit, and then let's see the  real level of support among the signatories. 

Read the statement again. Its pretty clear on the motivation. It mentions nothing about the team performance so where you have gauged this is mystifying. 

• Like 1

Jaggernaut:

We are a group of independent fans. We are not The Jags Foundation, though some of us were previously involved in its work in official and other capacities.

The purpose of this letter is to seek clarity and transparency. It’s not the end game: it’s about getting the rules of the game out in the open.

It’s our view that the Club and 3BC have failed to explain with any clarity why it is they no longer think The Jags Foundation is a suitable vehicle to transfer the shares to, having previously committed to a timeline of summer 2022 barely six months ago.

It is our view that, for all that it has made some tactical errors (for example having initially tried not to rock the boat over due diligence) the Jags Foundation remains the only and the best vehicle through which to deliver fan control and fan ownership.

The purpose of this letter is to make clear to 3BC that it is not acceptable to the wider fanbase that this process drags out indefinitely, or that it leads to an outcome which is not fan ownership, or sham fan ownership. That is all we are asking of other fans at the moment.

We absolutely encourage people to sign up to The Jags Foundation, and although they’re pausing Direct Debits in time that will bring significant revenue that the Foundation can bring to the Club.

But the problem right now is that Three Black Cats won’t even tell us what level of financial commitment is needed from a fan owned body to ensure Thistle runs well at break even. We cannot answer that question without due diligence.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Woodstock Jag said:

Jaggernaut:

We are a group of independent fans. We are not The Jags Foundation, though some of us were previously involved in its work in official and other capacities.

The purpose of this letter is to seek clarity and transparency. It’s not the end game: it’s about getting the rules of the game out in the open.

It’s our view that the Club and 3BC have failed to explain with any clarity why it is they no longer think The Jags Foundation is a suitable vehicle to transfer the shares to, having previously committed to a timeline of summer 2022 barely six months ago.

It is our view that, for all that it has made some tactical errors (for example having initially tried not to rock the boat over due diligence) the Jags Foundation remains the only and the best vehicle through which to deliver fan control and fan ownership.

The purpose of this letter is to make clear to 3BC that it is not acceptable to the wider fanbase that this process drags out indefinitely, or that it leads to an outcome which is not fan ownership, or sham fan ownership. That is all we are asking of other fans at the moment.

We absolutely encourage people to sign up to The Jags Foundation, and although they’re pausing Direct Debits in time that will bring significant revenue that the Foundation can bring to the Club.

But the problem right now is that Three Black Cats won’t even tell us what level of financial commitment is needed from a fan owned body to ensure Thistle runs well at break even. We cannot answer that question without due diligence.

I couldn’t have put this any better.

Basically 3BC be open with what you want as the model for fan ownership, one has been presented (same as Motherwell, Hearts, Exeter, Wimbledon to name a few), which was rejected. Let us know what you want, and if reasonable we can either present it or work towards it. 

3 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Nowhere on that statement does it mention donations or removal of folk.

What we ask is let us know what rules we’re playing too, what “model” is required and why does the model presented not work.

We are all engaged, all willing to push on a work with everyone to get this over the goal line

Juggernaut- one of the points made by the 3BC statement was that the Jags Foundation doesn't have the support of the wider fan base, presumably in order to sideline the question of fan ownership.

Personally,  I added my name to the letter in order to contribute towards debunking that suggestion, so that a proper discussion on the subject can progress.