Raith Rovers today

allyo

Sometime ago i got dogs abuse for saying I needed a rest from the club

cos of the shite under Gary Caldwell and the board.

I was fully supportive of the club ( pls note club ) during the SPFL debacle.

The only excuse for that performance is .........a team talk given by the Chairman or the board.

I still question the board  today........

Edited by Flycatcher

Just now, JAGSMAN1968 said:

Just back from that.  Pathetic, gutless and clueless.

Should have been a lot more than 0-1,their finishing was terrible.

I'll say it again, huge clearcut needed at end of season.

Starting with the manager and his cronies. We should be getting better than that from the players we’ve got. It’s not just a bad day at the office. It has been garbage for weeks 

39 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

Absolutely clueless. Never at any point did we look like winning.

We did when Allegria should have taken that golden chance but as with 90 per cent of our attacking signings he couldn’t score in a brothel

Graham too should have scored at the end but he too was shocking.  He’s our best striker but I fear he is way past his best now 

Special mention to Crawford who came on the pitch looked slow and cumbersome and did not win a single tackle 

As for Jacqui Low well her timing last week with her bizarre statement is definitely not what the players needed to motivate them - though no doubt we would throw away the playoffs regardless 

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

Two poor teams and a poor spectacle and can’t  complain about them stealing all 3 points given we did the same last week.  

Our results over the last couple months underline how weak our squad is. Powder puff especially up front. Whilst we still have a chance of the playoffs, our near inability to score means we are relying on our defence to be mistake free every game. 

Like  others I have zero confidence in winning the first play off but I wouldn’t be surprised if we blow 4th now and miss out. The size of todays home support suggests many have lost faith. Can’t blame them.

Going to games at Firhill has been Groundhog Day for months now - grim wars of attrition on a dreadful playing surface on which quality football is near impossible. The games have had tension but can't disguise we're not really very good. We thrashed some poor sides earlier in the season but I can't remember when I saw us score more than 1 goal in a game...or played fluent passing football.

Sneddon is an improved keeper...Mayo and Holt are solid defenders...Bannigan and Tiffony's talent is restricted by the pitch. That's about it for positives. McKenna is a decent defender but doesn't have the skill set going forward...Jakubiak holds the ball up quite well but is up with Azeez & Storey in the unlikely to score category...Graham has scored a lot of goals but is a bit of a plodder...Docherty doesn't contribute enough...Crawfurd always seems to get to where the ball has just been.

I'm sure I have said all this numerous times before this season...and with the ball in the air half the time, it would help to have height and strength in midfield...we looked better with Mayo in there.

We might still get the play-off spot...but I have always thought that a team finishing fourth in the Championship is nowhere near promotion standard.

Edited by Winter of '63

26 minutes ago, sandy said:

Agree @Third Lanark. I would love to be proved wrong, but if we keep playing like that we will get a tanking in the 3rd v 4th playoff leg anyway. 

Where are the players who want to play for the shirt?

Exactly Sandy and what was even more disappointing 3 players that generally look like they at play for the shirt - Docherty, Graham and Bannigan didn’t look like they were today

Poor game of football from 2 poor teams.  Hard to imagine either team getting very far in the playoffs.

We looked better first half than second with Mayo dominating the midfield however with him an Docherty in the same team all the midfield creativity fell to Bannigan. I can only assume Akinola was injured because the substitute to make was Turner for Docherty. Crawford has completely lost his form and struggled to make any positive impact.

Still not sure what the value is in Jakubiak. Yes he can hold the ball up and run with it but his final ball is poor and his instinct in front of goal is not good. Alegria isn't great and clearly should have scored but Jakubiak never gets in a position to score.

The team looks really slow and struggling for confidence. We also seem to be caught in 2 minds on what style we should play. Today we started like the Abroath game with the intention of going long and playing in Raith's half but by the second half we tried unsuccessfully to revert to playing through the midfield.

The squad needs refreshed. Probably need 3 new strikers, at least 1 winger and 2 fullbacks.

• Like 1

My eyes hurt. For any young science-oriented scholars just now: obviously, there is going to be a big future in dementia care.

Clearly, Jakubiak has the same problem that Simon Donnelly had in front of goal: he tenses up and miskicks. Why don't football clubs ever watch what their players are doing wrong, or at least consult a sports psychologist? As for Alegría, he is all show: falling over is his best trick.

Even if we do make the playoffs, there is little likelihood of progress there. We should really be looking already at who to bring in for next season, as many of the current players are either going to be caught up by age or showing no improvement. Keeping them on will only encourage genuine talent like Sneddon to move on.

This is all down to McCall and his management team , the squad is totally imbalanced with a plethora of defenders and midfield players with little or no goal scoring threat upfront.

We came out of the January transfer window weaker than we started ( would love to know the background of the Zak Rudden deal ) and that’s down to McCall  with no obvious replacement lined up .

If we manage to get a playoff it’s only masking the frailties at Firhill just now, no youth system with a pathway to the First Team , no scouting system etc , not to mention the shitfest who are our BOD

Your time is up McCall 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

My eyes hurt. For any young science-oriented scholars just now: obviously, there is going to be a big future in dementia care.

Clearly, Jakubiak has the same problem that Simon Donnelly had in front of goal: he tenses up and miskicks. Why don't football clubs ever watch what their players are doing wrong, or at least consult a sports psychologist? As for Alegría, he is all show: falling over is his best trick.

Even if we do make the playoffs, there is little likelihood of progress there. We should really be looking already at who to bring in for next season, as many of the current players are either going to be caught up by age or showing no improvement. Keeping them on will only encourage genuine talent like Sneddon to move on.

Not sure Simon Donnelly is a good comparison, at least SID could trap a football.

1 minute ago, jlsarmy said:

Not sure Simon Donnelly is a good comparison, at least SID could trap a football.

A far superior footballer, but the same problem, of tensing up when aiming at goal. (Actually, Jakubiak's trapping isn't bad, certainly by comparison with that of most of his teammates.)