Raith Rovers today

allyo

2 hours ago, joekea said:

Absolutely utter mince!

That would represent an improvement on last week's dugmeat? 

Didn't think we could've been worse in 2nd half than the first 45 but we somehow managed it. In my mind we should've persevered with the 4-3-3. At least there was a bit of balance to the side. Unless Tunji was injured and Jakubiak completely knackered I reckon that was two of the worst substitutions this season.

We'll possibly still make the play offs but that'll be far more likely down to Raith not winning games than us picking up points. The play offs themselves will doubtlessly be too much for us in any case.

51 minutes ago, Fearchar said:

My eyes hurt. For any young science-oriented scholars just now: obviously, there is going to be a big future in dementia care.

Clearly, Jakubiak has the same problem that Simon Donnelly had in front of goal: he tenses up and miskicks. Why don't football clubs ever watch what their players are doing wrong, or at least consult a sports psychologist? As for Alegría, he is all show: falling over is his best trick.

Even if we do make the playoffs, there is little likelihood of progress there. We should really be looking already at who to bring in for next season, as many of the current players are either going to be caught up by age or showing no improvement. Keeping them on will only encourage genuine talent like Sneddon to move on.

Simon Donnelly did at least score occasionally while Jakubiak doesn’t look like scoring at all unfortunately 

53 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

This is all down to McCall and his management team , the squad is totally imbalanced with a plethora of defenders and midfield players with little or no goal scoring threat upfront.

We came out of the January transfer window weaker than we started ( would love to know the background of the Zak Rudden deal ) and that’s down to McCall  with no obvious replacement lined up .

If we manage to get a playoff it’s only masking the frailties at Firhill just now, no youth system with a pathway to the First Team , no scouting system etc , not to mention the shitfest who are our BOD

Your time is up McCall 

The only exception is if the budget was slashed in January and we couldn’t afford anyone - hence why we got Jakubiak and allegria as loans.  If the budget was slashed due to us having no money then the board will need to be blamed too

Edited by Third Lanark

First 17 games: 29 goals for,  16 against. 1.65 points per game

Last 17 games: 15 goals for,  21 against. 1.24 points per game

That doesn’t tell the full story as performances as well as results have got worse as the season has gone on. If by some miracle we qualify for the play offs and gain promotion there are very few of our current squad who could cut it in the Premiership. Unfortunately I don’t think McCall could either. I doubt very much if we’ll need to worry about that though.

To make matters worse I was one number away from the winning number in the half time draw. Time for a drink! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

The only exception is if the budget was slashed in January and we couldn’t afford anyone - hence why we got Jakubiak and allegria as loans.  If the budget was slashed due to us having no money then the board will need to be blamed too

I think there is something in that theory. The BoD might have asked McCall to let Rudden go early too? Whatever is the truth, the window weakened the team. 

2 minutes ago, sandy said:

I think there is something in that theory. The BoD might have asked McCall to let Rudden go early too? Whatever is the truth, the window weakened the team. 

If we were that cash strapped, why let him leave for free ?

I personally think we had a player who had downed  tools and would have been a liability.

11 minutes ago, Dick Dastardly said:

If we were that cash strapped, why let him leave for free ?

I personally think we had a player who had downed  tools and would have been a liability.

Absolute nonsense, he never downed tools and players like Foster , Doc and Brian Graham wouldn’t have let him anyway.

2 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

To think That Dick Campbell was our manager years back, got to hand it to him part-time team only lost 4 games all season ,we have a management team of 3 and our performance for months has  been dire,, only glad that I am off on holiday and miss the last 2 games..

Arbroath won't be promoted this season. No sensible person would have Dick Campbell back as Thistle manager.

1 hour ago, Fearchar said:

My eyes hurt. For any young science-oriented scholars just now: obviously, there is going to be a big future in dementia care.

Clearly, Jakubiak has the same problem that Simon Donnelly had in front of goal: he tenses up and miskicks. Why don't football clubs ever watch what their players are doing wrong, or at least consult a sports psychologist? As for Alegría, he is all show: falling over is his best trick.

Even if we do make the playoffs, there is little likelihood of progress there. We should really be looking already at who to bring in for next season, as many of the current players are either going to be caught up by age or showing no improvement. Keeping them on will only encourage genuine talent like Sneddon to move on.

Cammy Smith is more like Simon Donnelly - tidy on the ball, but he won't drive you towards promotion.

Came over from Ireland for my first game since we were in the Premier. Today was my daughters first ever game and had my son excited to go back.

Been following the team closely mainly through this site tbh so wasnt expecting much but…

what a culture shock

Ground looks like a dump, Main Stand has really gone to bits. Behind the goals let fall away. No programmes to commemorate her first game but all that secondary to the team!

We were really poor.

Defence okay apart from McKenna

Midfield wee and anonymous (though Bannigan still class).

Poor Tiffoney. Marked out the game and trying keep the ball from bouncing away on a shocking pitch. 

10 minutes to go and I’m happy to take the point as I could sense what was coming.

Walking away my son says “how often have we walked down this street sad and angry!”

Ah well, an hour later I’d mellowed, “I’d still rather support a team that breaks my heart than either of the scummy Old Firm” Was proud he agreed, and at least were less crap than we were.

Onwards and upwards to next season I hope….

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Third Lanark said:

Simon Donnelly did at least score occasionally while Jakubiak doesn’t look like scoring at all unfortunately 

Its not even that Jakubiak doesn't look like scoring he just doesn't look like he'll get in a goal scoring position. I get his position today was to play on the right but when we have the ball on the left he should be busting a gut to get into the penalty box not hanging around the edge of the box or wide right. I think its unfair to call Jakubiak a striker and expect him to score as his record shows he has never scored goals with only 29 in 187 games. To my mind he is a decent inside right or number 10 but he's not a striker or a winger.

18 minutes ago, SteppsJag said:

First 17 games: 29 goals for,  16 against. 1.65 points per game

Last 17 games: 15 goals for,  21 against. 1.24 points per game

That doesn’t tell the full story as performances as well as results have got worse as the season has gone on. If by some miracle we qualify for the play offs and gain promotion there are very few of our current squad who could cut it in the Premiership. Unfortunately I don’t think McCall could either. I doubt very much if we’ll need to worry about that though.

To make matters worse I was one number away from the winning number in the half time draw. Time for a drink! 

If my adding up is correct before Rudden left we scored 33 goals and got 33 points from 20 games. Since Rudden left we have scored 11 goals and  got 16 points from 14 games. 

Whilst the pitch has massively effected out style of play and there have been a run of games were we had lots of injuries overall the business in the January transfer window looks to be the cause of our slide. I struggle to see how a disgruntled Rudden could have been less effective than Jakubiak or that McCall identified Jakubiak as the man to replace Rudden.  

To my mind Jakubiak doesn't fit the mould of a McCall signing. McCall tends to either sign experienced strikers with a decent goalscoring record or young strikers who had potential but needed a second chance. Jakubiak doesn't appear to fit either category. I have no inside knowledge but I feel there is a story behind how we ended up singing Jakubiak that hasn't came to the fore. 

16 minutes ago, laukat said:

Its not even that Jakubiak doesn't look like scoring he just doesn't look like he'll get in a goal scoring position. I get his position today was to play on the right but when we have the ball on the left he should be busting a gut to get into the penalty box not hanging around the edge of the box or wide right. I think its unfair to call Jakubiak a striker and expect him to score as his record shows he has never scored goals with only 29 in 187 games. To my mind he is a decent inside right or number 10 but he's not a striker or a winger.

If my adding up is correct before Rudden left we scored 33 goals and got 33 points from 20 games. Since Rudden left we have scored 11 goals and  got 16 points from 14 games. 

Whilst the pitch has massively effected out style of play and there have been a run of games were we had lots of injuries overall the business in the January transfer window looks to be the cause of our slide. I struggle to see how a disgruntled Rudden could have been less effective than Jakubiak or that McCall identified Jakubiak as the man to replace Rudden.  

To my mind Jakubiak doesn't fit the mould of a McCall signing. McCall tends to either sign experienced strikers with a decent goalscoring record or young strikers who had potential but needed a second chance. Jakubiak doesn't appear to fit either category. I have no inside knowledge but I feel there is a story behind how we ended up singing Jakubiak that hasn't came to the fore. 

We signed jackubiak because we have no money and Dundee are paying nearly all his wage.  Ruddens fee to be decided by tribunal in summer but no money for him till then 

January should have been a window that we  Strengthened with the position we were in, we had a great chance at automatic promotion.

I genuinely get the feeling McCalls not happy with the board, all our signings in January feel like 2nd or 3rd options to what he would have wanted, and I say that because he definitely said he was getting 2 players in that weren’t loans. We ended up with all loan signings and losing a striker who clearly made a bigger difference to the team than we all thought he did. The stats don’t lie unfortunately !

7 minutes ago, jlsarmy said:

Then 40 or 50% goes to Sevco

Makes perfect sense .

Makes no sense at all, but I guarantee McCall was against him leaving. Something hasn’t been right at all.

One thing il say is I was up at Firhill when they needed volunteers, was going to do some pipe work but it was far more work than I could do myself, anyway I seen McCall that day and I’ve never seen someone look so pissed off in my life, he had just came out a meeting with Britton so I’m assuming we missed out on someone or something like that.

1 hour ago, milhouse said:

Arbroath won't be promoted this season. No sensible person would have Dick Campbell back as Thistle manager.

I never said that I wanted him back as manager but credit to him for taking Arbroath to were they are in the league...He has got a team of binmen fisherman, postmen, playing for him as a team. Mc Call always says that he is a Thistle man , my team but they are not playing for him..

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

I never said that I wanted him back as manager but credit to him for taking Arbroath to were they are in the league...He has got a team of binmen fisherman, postmen, playing for him as a team. Mc Call always says that he is a Thistle man , my team but they are not playing for him..

Don’t feel like there has even been a transition of us going from a league one team to a championship team to be honest. The only change in that team is Holt and Tiff being a permanent signing. 

We have only got tiff because we had Penrice to bargain with, I can see him going for a few hundred grand in Summer. If we let him leave for penny’s I’m done.

22 minutes ago, Jimmy McD said:

Arbroath players are on at least £800-£900 a week - we can’t match what their players get from Arbroath and their work outside of football 

4 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Don’t feel like there has even been a transition of us going from a league one team to a championship team to be honest. The only change in that team is Holt and Tiff being a permanent signing. 

We have only got tiff because we had Penrice to bargain with, I can see him going for a few hundred grand in Summer. If we let him leave for penny’s I’m done.

And the money for Tiffoney will be spent on any debt not on signing new players no doubt too