New signing.

elevenone

17 hours ago, jags on tour said:

Good signing and exciting to see we are actually planning for next year. If we are signing a left back then who do you think will be released?  Hendrie has been ok at left back and Holt can cover there aswell. Hendrie, Foster and McKenna are out of contract in the summer. I’d be happy with a centre back pairing of Holt and Brownlie with Akinola as cover, I think we need a new right back, Foster and McKenna have been ok but would like to see someone better.

Good chance we will be signing a left back. My understanding is Hendrie has been offered a deal from Queen's Park, so would guess he will likely be the one on the way out.

9 hours ago, jags on tour said:

I think he’s still contracted until next summer so I don’t see him coming to us 

He could not lace Tiffany's boots. Last season he had one assist.  Very poor on the wing . 

Would not add anything to the team.

10 hours ago, erty13 said:

He could not lace Tiffany's boots. Last season he had one assist.  Very poor on the wing . 

Would not add anything to the team.

Who are you talking about? If it is Morrison he has scored several goals and assists both this season and last?(Two goals alone last week)  

he would not add anything to the team? - yes he would goals and assists- we are only getting goals and assists from Graham, Tiffoney and Turner (when played) so he would be clearly a step up from others who are not providing that.

No one said he was as good as Tiffoney- but he is better than others who haven’t scored 

Edited by Third Lanark
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Who are you talking about? If it is Morrison he has scored several goals and assists both this season and last?(Two goals alone last week)  

he would not add anything to the team? - yes he would goals and assists- we are only getting goals and assists from Graham, Tiffoney and Turner (when played) so he would be clearly a step up from others who are not providing that.

No one said he was as good as Tiffoney- but he is better than others who haven’t scored 

And he has been out injured a fair bit this season.

• Like 1

Questions about Morrison....

Has he fully recovered from his knee injury? And has his pace and/or stamina dropped since? Are we to assume he's got an opt out in his contract (dependent on Falkirk's failed promotion)? Failing that has he a low trigger value within his contract?

From what I hear Morrison is decent enough for Tier 2 and turns in reasonably consistent performances for someone who plays in his position. Also he hopefully will have developed a decent playing partnership with Dowds. 

On 4/23/2022 at 11:41 AM, Dick Dastardly said:

In my opinion, as important as any new signing is holding onto Tiffoney and Sneddon. Their form this season will have been noticed by others.

Both are signed until May 2023 and hopefully can be persuaded to add a year or two before that time is up.

If memory serves, Sneddon, Holt, Brownlie, Akinola, Docherty, Bannigan, Turner, Tiffoney, Graham and NIang are all contracted for next season.  Obviously Dowds as well now.  I think it's important we have more than 2 decent forwards in the squad next season.  Missing Tiffony, Graham and Jacubiak for a while this year nearly scuppered our season.  I wouldn't mind Jacubiak signing but feel we need a fourth, possibly a loanee but if so better than our current third choice.

1 hour ago, Mr Bunny said:

Both are signed until May 2023 and hopefully can be persuaded to add a year or two before that time is up.

If memory serves, Sneddon, Holt, Brownlie, Akinola, Docherty, Bannigan, Turner, Tiffoney, Graham and NIang are all contracted for next season.  Obviously Dowds as well now.  I think it's important we have more than 2 decent forwards in the squad next season.  Missing Tiffony, Graham and Jacubiak for a while this year nearly scuppered our season.  I wouldn't mind Jacubiak signing but feel we need a fourth, possibly a loanee but if so better than our current third choice.

Even if they are on contact, it wouldn’t stop a cash offer from someone. I doubt if much of any of the cash would go towards a replacement, which is why I’ll keep my fingers crossed on Tiff and Sneds until we see how the pre season pans out.

4 hours ago, Mr Bunny said:

I like jackubiak particularly his work rate but have to disagree that he should be a priority to sign unfortunately.  As a striker his priority is to score goals and he doesn’t do that.  He is also contracted to Dundee next season and will be on a far higher wage - so you would realistically be spending a high part of budget on someone who cannot guarantee you goals.  Add in Brian Graham struggling to score, playing with injury and another year older and therefore maybe not able to contribute as much as he did in the first half of this season then it makes it even more of a priority to get attackers who can score 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr Bunny said:

There’s also a couple of young lads that have been on loan, Lyon at Stenhousmuir and Ocholi ? Also Stanway. They might not be ready for regular 1st team football yet, though.

12 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

There’s also a couple of young lads that have been on loan, Lyon at Stenhousmuir and Ocholi ? Also Stanway. They might not be ready for regular 1st team football yet, though.

Didn't know their contract status though in the past McCall has said he rates Lyon highly.  As for the other players, when I said "I wouldn't mind signing" someone (this isn't addressed to you, just a general comment) I wasn't giving a great endorsement, just saying he'd be OK but of course I'd prefer someone more goals-proven but I've no idea who that could be.  I realise Graham will need to be used more sparingly next season so we probably need  4 forwards or at least three and someone who can play forward even if his main position is wing/midfield.  Thing is a club at our level can't just go out and sign a proven goal-scorer (except in case of someone like Graham who is near the end of his career) we need to take a risk on someone scoring at a lower level who we hope can step up to the next level, possibly through coaching (possibly where Graham could be good for us - if our main strikers are backed up by a couple of youngsters he could help bring them along).  It's always possible McCall will prove me wrong though and dig another Kris Doolan out of the hat.