New signing.

elevenone

3 minutes ago, fifexile said:

Looks like another good signing. Also pleased that signings are being made earlier rather than one pre season is underway, hope it continues. 

Agree. Milne looks a good piece of business and a far more attack minded left back than we have had in the last few seasons.

Good to see McCall target quickly the areas of the team that need the most improvement. If he can get in a good right wing, right fullback and striker we will be a far more complete team next season.

Think this probably means Hendrie isn't with us next season and Holt plays centreback. I think Hendrie has been decent for us and his tackle on Saturday effectively won us the game so I hope he finds a club at a decent level.

38 minutes ago, laukat said:

Think this probably means Hendrie isn't with us next season and Holt plays centreback. I think Hendrie has been decent for us and his tackle on Saturday effectively won us the game so I hope he finds a club at a decent level.

You're probably right on that one. Holt being easily able to cover at left back adds credence.

4 hours ago, Mr Bunny said:

Didn't know their contract status though in the past McCall has said he rates Lyon highly.  As for the other players, when I said "I wouldn't mind signing" someone (this isn't addressed to you, just a general comment) I wasn't giving a great endorsement, just saying he'd be OK but of course I'd prefer someone more goals-proven but I've no idea who that could be.  I realise Graham will need to be used more sparingly next season so we probably need  4 forwards or at least three and someone who can play forward even if his main position is wing/midfield.  Thing is a club at our level can't just go out and sign a proven goal-scorer (except in case of someone like Graham who is near the end of his career) we need to take a risk on someone scoring at a lower level who we hope can step up to the next level, possibly through coaching (possibly where Graham could be good for us - if our main strikers are backed up by a couple of youngsters he could help bring them along).  It's always possible McCall will prove me wrong though and dig another Kris Doolan out of the hat.

I don’t know their contract status either. Really just assumed that as McCall has said Lyon has a future here and pretty sure Stanway signed just prior to Hamilton. 

Great to see an attacking full back joining the ranks because that's one of the things that's been missing and making our attacking play seem so one dimensional. If we are signing players who are good running with the ball at their feet, I hope that means something is going to be done about the pitch? Their impact and development will be limited otherwise.

• Like 1

Just looking at signed players and next season's starting 11 is already pretty decent looking. 

From those out of contract I would like to see Crawford offered a deal but apart from that I can only really see value in resigning McKenna as cheap backup at right back/ centreback. Not so sure Ocholi, Lyon, Owens or Stanway are ready for the first team squad.

Assuming a 22 player squad that would still leave another 8 to sign. I'm not sure Niang or Smith will be with us next season so we could well be looking at recruiting up to 10 players. It'll be a busy summer of recruitment. 

Also wonder if next season McCall is keener on 3-5-2 as it means Tiffoney would play a striker and reduce the risk of finding the type of forward that is in short supply ?

Very promising signing especially if bigger clubs were sniffing about and in a position that is not always easy to fill.  Now lets find a pacy, strong, young and hungry striker (dare i say it like an Ade Azeez/Miles Storey only who can finish) and we could be looking strong for next season.  :fan:

Be interesting to see who stays and who goes. 
Be great if we could sign Mayo on a permanent deal but I have no idea what IMC thinks of the other 5 on loan, Firth, Crawford, McAllister, Alegria and Jakubiak. Clearly most if not all will go back.

I think we have a few of our own players out of contract IIRC, Murray, Foster, Bell, McKenna and Hendrie, plus Gordon and McIver, and Lyons I believe signed a pre contract back with Montrose. And Sena is due back from Alloa plus a few of the younger boys. 
So plenty of scope for much needed changes for the season ahead. The two new signings look to be a good start and great to be tied up so early. Possibly an indication we won’t have the same financial disadvantage we had going into this season, but hopefully an indication that some players still see us as an attractive club. 

At half time at the Raith Rovers game a Thistle Director (whose name I know) told a pal of mine (whose name I also know) that McCall has NINE new players either signed up on pre-contracts or close to that point.   He named a right wing back.

This may be why McCall said in a recent interview in the Herald that we weren't scoring enough goals at present, but that wouldn't be the case next season.

40 minutes ago, The Cuddly Toi said:

At half time at the Raith Rovers game a Thistle Director (whose name I know) told a pal of mine (whose name I also know) that McCall has NINE new players either signed up on pre-contracts or close to that point.   He named a right wing back.

This may be why McCall said in a recent interview in the Herald that we weren't scoring enough goals at present, but that wouldn't be the case next season.

Interesting and hopefully true. It would make a big change from the usual rush as the season starts. Today’s news on the pitch plus confirmation of no ground sharing next season maybe gives us grounds for optimism (no pun intended)

Glad you know the name of your pal :thumbsup2: … 

1 hour ago, The Cuddly Toi said:

He literally said exactly the same thing about this season. Mind you, we are still the division's 4th highest scorers which is f-ing mental.