Yet Another Ground-sharing Arrangement...

Jaggernaut

Broadwood is used extensively by Cumbernauld Colts who have loads of teams both male and female from age 5 to senior level in the amateurs and lowland league. 

They probably put much more money into the council coffers with less problems than Clyde.

I think Clyde could well go the way of Clydebank or just slip out of the leagues like East Stirling and Berwick.

Their support isn't huge out at Cumbernauld. They will lose some by going to Hamilton and you have to figure they will be there or ground sharing with others for a while. Don't see how they can afford to build a new home.

Probably best outcome is to groundshare with Queens Park at the new lesser Hampden.

Certainly won't miss Broadwood. Even when Clyde were higher up the leagues the place was soulless.

Last time I was at Broadwood I think the end with no stand was still entirely open to the elements. Now at least there's a wall. 

But still, a three-sided stadium makes me think that whatever club the stadium belongs to isn't serious about progressing, especially if they do make the top division and still don't do anything serious about it. From that point of view Ross County puts clubs like ICT, Hamilton, Falkirk, and another club (whose name escapes me) to shame.

1 hour ago, Jaggernaut said:

Last time I was at Broadwood I think the end with no stand was still entirely open to the elements. Now at least there's a wall. 

But still, a three-sided stadium makes me think that whatever club the stadium belongs to isn't serious about progressing, especially if they do make the top division and still don't do anything serious about it. From that point of view Ross County puts clubs like ICT, Hamilton, Falkirk, and another club (whose name escapes me) to shame.

I despise ‘Lego stadiums’, they are soulless. But then our own ground suffers with the bing.

Few clubs have a stadium of real character. At least Brechin have a hedge. 

57 minutes ago, sandy said:

I despise ‘Lego stadiums’, they are soulless. But then our own ground suffers with the bing.

Few clubs have a stadium of real character. At least Brechin have a hedge. 

Brechin was always a decent away day, some decent pubs in the town centre and a wee walk down to Glene Park. The ground looks curiously out of proportion these days with a big stand behind one of the goals. 

I always liked a trip to Forfar if only for a couple if beers in the Plough Inn and to stock up on bridies! 

1 hour ago, fifexile said:

Brechin was always a decent away day, some decent pubs in the town centre and a wee walk down to Glene Park. The ground looks curiously out of proportion these days with a big stand behind one of the goals. 

I always liked a trip to Forfar if only for a couple if beers in the Plough Inn and to stock up on bridies! 

When that wind howls down Station Park it is brass monkeys.

1 hour ago, Thistle88 said:

Off topic but do Arbroath have to expand there stadium if they are promoted?

That’s an interesting one. They certainly wouldn’t be allowed to use the terracing as far as I know. 

After tonight’s result it’s probably irrelevant as I doubt if they are good enough to win the play offs

56 minutes ago, jaggy said:

That’s an interesting one. They certainly wouldn’t be allowed to use the terracing as far as I know. 

After tonight’s result it’s probably irrelevant as I doubt if they are good enough to win the play offs

They would. The seating rule was abolished in 2013.

Irrelevant  now though - the winners of 3rd v 4th will lose to 11th IMO