Anyone going tomorrow?

thebiglemon

8 hours ago, Anniesland Jag said:

Working tomorrow but will be listening to Radio for updates ….cmon e Jags ..we can stumble into the playoffs ….then stumble out .

We can indeed stumble on.. 3 points ahead and 8 goals better off than Raith we can’t blow it now ….

But we’re going to need to find our long lost scoring touch for the playoffs.. since we played Utd back in February we’ve scored just 8 goals in 13 games, and I don’t think our strikers scored any of them 

Listened to the game on Jagzone due to being on holiday, the guys commentating were a bit doom and gloom, IE yes it's it's at this time last week Dunfermline scored there first  and 5 minutes later they scored there second goal,and then as we approached the  90 , minute  it was this when Raith scored last week, try and think a bit more positive guys..

There was some grass on the pitch and we scored in the first half...but other than that it was the same old story....we ground out another dour 1-0 victory after 90 minutes of head tennis and hoofball, Dunfermline brought a good support but were a poor team...they never really looked like scoring.

Tiffony looked off the pace in the first half but I groaned when Crawford was announced as sub and again he contributed almost nothing. Turner had a poor game apart from his assist - was that a mishit corner? Docherty has scored a few vital goals but he lacks composure on the ball and heads the ball on aimlessly far too often. I quite like Jakubiak but he's a hopeless finisher.

We do have have a commendable team spirit though but despite us being within a handful of good performances from being promoted, it's difficult to get fully engaged.

Edited by Winter of '63
  • Like 1

If you were a Dunfermline fan you would be raging at your own manager. Playing 5 defenders against our strike force is at least 5 defenders too many. For a team that really needed a result today they didn't really register a shot on target.

From a Thistle perspective we were defensively sound and we did enough to deserve the win. Jakubiak and Graham as a front 2 isn't wonderfully mobile but they both drag us up the park.

Thought McCall got his subs spot on. Dunfermline were starting to dominate the midfield before he replaced Jakubiak with Smith. Smith playing between Graham and the midfield just closed the gap and allowed us to see the game out without too much drama.

As much as Docherty scored the winner Hendrie's last gasp tackle in the first half was as good as a goal. 

Next weeks team against Ayr could be interesting. I don't think we can risk Tiffoney or Graham. Could well see 2 from Smith, McAllister, Murray or Algeria starting

Pitch is looking better and we might be able to play football on it in the playoffs. Biggest problem might be remembering how to pass and move.

We scored a good goal and  we had a chance or two in the first half, until Sneddon and one of our defenders made a mess of a cross Dunfermline weren't in the game. A great tackle by Hendrie to stop them scoring I thought we were snookered until he did that :getmecoat: and then a good block by Docherty from the follow up.

Good to meet @East Kent Jag II before the game. You are our lucky mascot now. Have a good time in Scotland and a safe journey back on Tuesday.

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Auld Jag said:

We scored a good goal and  we had a chance or two in the first half, until Sneddon and one of our defenders made a mess of a cross Dunfermline weren't in the game. A great tackle by Hendrie to stop them scoring I thought we were snookered until he did that :getmecoat: and then a good block by Docherty from the follow up.

Good to meet @East Kent Jag II before the game. You are our lucky mascot now. Have a good time in Scotland and a safe journey back on Tuesday.

……and please come back up for the play offs.

• Like 1

Tiffoney was clearly nowhere near fit to the point where it seemed he was playing with an injury. He ran at half pace, didn’t take his man on once and pulled out of every tackle. Not sure why he was allowed to start. 

Another poor game but didn’t think we looked in much danger at any point other than when Sneddon went walkabout. 

Despite the fact that it wasn’t entertaining or a great performance, glad to get the win and hopefully now in the playoffs. 

Our creative play and goalscoring has been poor of late, but 19 clean sheets in 35 games is a fantastic record. With the exception of Bell who is at the end of his career and really did us a turn last season, I wouldn’t be sad to see any of our defenders at the club next year, although I admit our full backs offer little going forward. 

1 hour ago, Winter of '63 said:

There was some grass on the pitch and we scored in the first half...but other than that it was the same old story....we ground out another dour 1-0 victory after 90 minutes of head tennis and hoofball, Dunfermline brought a good support but were a poor team...they never really looked like scoring.

Tiffony looked off the pace in the first half but I groaned when Crawford was announced as sub and again he contributed almost nothing. Turner had a poor game apart from his assist - was that a mishit corner? Docherty has scored a few vital goals but he lacks composure on the ball and heads the ball on aimlessly far too often. I quite like Jakubiak but he's a hopeless finisher.

We do have have a commendable team spirit though but despite us being within a handful of good performances from being promoted, it's difficult to get fully engaged.

Funny how two people can see things differently. I thought Crawford's aimless heading and booting the ball in the air was every bit up to the standard of the rest of the midfield. 

:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, partickthedog said:

……and please come back up for the play offs.

Thanks to you & Auld Jag. Good to meet you too, AJ. Enjoyed the match (completely unexpected!).  My previous track record wasn't good - Falkirk matches usually, & null points. 

Wish I could be at the play offs, but I won't make them, but I'll  be in the JL stand in spirit. Pleased at today's win. A sizeable (disappointed) Dunfermline support. I'll be back!!

8 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Thanks to you & Auld Jag. Good to meet you too, AJ. Enjoyed the match (completely unexpected!).  My previous track record wasn't good - Falkirk matches usually, & null points. 

Wish I could be at the play offs, but I won't make them, but I'll  be in the JL stand in spirit. Pleased at today's win. A sizeable (disappointed) Dunfermline support. I'll be back!!

The first 2 rounds of the playoff are live on the BBC Scotland channel live. Highlights of the final also BBC Scotland. Hope you manage to see them where you are.

When you come back up to Firhill come and say hello again ( we might be in the Premier league then).

21 minutes ago, East Kent Jag II said:

The pivotal point in the match was the multiple block at the close of the first half. Not just Hendrie - other players got blocks in. The mind set of not conceding  was pivotal.  I don't recall any real threats after that.

Agree about the blocks after the Hendrie tackle/block, he had to get that right. If he mistimed it. It would've been a penalty and a red card.