Anyone going tomorrow?

thebiglemon

6 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Shite game, thought Mayo was our best player today. Didn’t see Tiff go off at half time and wondered why he was so slow second half and had a grew a few inches.

Yes, I've been caught out by the same similarity myself.

The other dead ringers that spring to mind are Kyle Turner and James Ward Prowse. With Southampton being mid-table with nothing to play for, I did wonder if we could sneak JWP into our team on the pretence that he is Kyle Turner. Just think of those long range free kicks arrowing into the Inverness, Arbroath and St Johnstone nets.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Always enjoy the fact that when we win our arch critics ( within our support)  some how cannot bring themselves to say something positive. 

We scored a goal, didn’t lose a goal. Sums up the positives today I’m afraid mate. I’ve got the Fear thinking about the play offs. I’m usually slightly positive lol.

5 hours ago, dl1971 said:

Always enjoy the fact that when we win our arch critics ( within our support)  some how cannot bring themselves to say something positive. 

It's very hard to be positive when we play shit, but the other team were just shitter

It's very hard to be positive when we have been playing shit for 10 weeks or more and the manager can't seem to fix it

It's very hard to be positive when the entertainment value at a decrepit stadium is virtually nil 

Edit to add - It's very hard to be positive with all the shenanigans regarding fan ownership 

Edited by Dick Dastardly
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Jimmy McD said:

So how did we loose 4 goals to them s few weeks back after being in front, the mind boggles..

A rather glib answer to that would be to say we brought them down to our level yesterday. Actually there might be some truth in that insomuch as tho' they're clearly a poor side Dunfermline usually try to play decent football. At EE Pk we sat off them and let them play the ball.

I guess the state of pitch dictates much and flowing football is more or less ruled out. Even so with the pitch being so bone hard yesterday I felt the amount of  hoofball/heid tennis was excessive. The ball was regularly bouncing over the heads of even the tallest players so we really needed to mix it up far more. But as long as the Pars matched us with the ineffectual hoofball being a goal up we had less incentive to change. 

Playing Tiffoney was in hindsight a mistake that could prove costly. Yet I can understand why McCall risked him. Like Lawless to a degree Tiff was the one player who could've done some non aerial damage. If playing Tiffoney was an error then selecting Turner ahead of Crawford and Smith,  and even playing him out of position was a masterstroke, albeit in McCall terms . 

10 hours ago, Thistle88 said:

We scored a goal, didn’t lose a goal. Sums up the positives today I’m afraid mate. I’ve got the Fear thinking about the play offs. I’m usually slightly positive lol.

I don’t have the fear in the playoffs  because I have no expectation that we make any progress. 
My fear is that we think the job is done and that Ayr turn us over and that Killie think they are spending the evening at Ayr beach as well.

2 hours ago, Lenziejag said:

I don’t have the fear in the playoffs  because I have no expectation that we make any progress. 
My fear is that we think the job is done and that Ayr turn us over and that Killie think they are spending the evening at Ayr beach as well.

The fear would be complete if Gary Caldwell happened to be staying in a caravan at Ayr for his holidays.

Maybe worth mentioning that we only had the one corner and scored from it. Cup half full and that's a 100% success. Think in reality we should be winning more corners against any of our league opponents. Not only because a good few goals have come from corners (mainly Turner assists) but winning them is fairly indicative of the pressure you're putting on the other side. Instead we were embroiled in all that aerial midfield stuff whilst we should've been tying down the Pars in their own half far more often. The one consolation I suppose was we were on the edge of our seats right up to the end. The relief when that final whistle went was perhaps the highlight of the afternoon.

5 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

The Pars tv coverage shows the action as recorded from the Colin Weir stand. 

Even with the "poles of uncertainty" roof supports sometimes blocking the view, I prefer this tv angle to the one from up at the back of the JH stand.

It is an interesting angle to watch the game from. Reinforces how good Hendrie's reaction and tackle was. Also shows how poor Jakubiak's attempt was.

Also given these are Dunfermline's highlights its shows how poor they were and the how well we did defensively. Not one clip of a Dunfermline of a shot at goal or near thing bar Sneddon coming for a ball he should have left.

39 minutes ago, laukat said:

Also given these are Dunfermline's highlights its shows how poor they were and the how well we did defensively. Not one clip of a Dunfermline of a shot at goal or near thing bar Sneddon coming for a ball he should have left.

This is something that is worth applauding generally this season. While we have been largely poor to watch (some mitigation here for the pitch, although there is also the well-documented lack of width, pace and flair in the squad), in many or most of the games where we have won 1-0, I have felt that we have won relatively comfortably and Sneddon's had fairly little to do. Our defensive set-up and shape has largely been excellent for much of the season. This bodes well for next season for me, we have a good defence on which to build. It's now "simply" a matter of adding some pace and goals. Hopefully the new acquisitions already announced will go some way to addressing this.

5 hours ago, Duke Gekantawa said:

This is something that is worth applauding generally this season. While we have been largely poor to watch (some mitigation here for the pitch, although there is also the well-documented lack of width, pace and flair in the squad), in many or most of the games where we have won 1-0, I have felt that we have won relatively comfortably and Sneddon's had fairly little to do. Our defensive set-up and shape has largely been excellent for much of the season. This bodes well for next season for me, we have a good defence on which to build. It's now "simply" a matter of adding some pace and goals. Hopefully the new acquisitions already announced will go some way to addressing this.

Agree there. Most of the poor defensive displays may well be down to the midfield getting overrun as much as weakness in the back four & goalie. Also we've had to change the back four on numerous occasions and by and large that hasn't caused much difficulty. Holt, who can move to and fro left back and centreback with ease could be a big player for us next season.