Ayr away Friday night.

a f kincaid

17 minutes ago, Dark Passenger said:

Calling our own players "dirty orange b*st*rds" doesn't wash with me.

This was after the initial confrontation and not what provoked him, but c'mon...

If they used that term, then a few players in there would have the same label. And particularly our legendary ex manager John Lambie who was a blue nose through and through.

24 minutes ago, Gary Peebles Tackle said:

Daft from Foster but suppose it’s good to see a bit of fight before the playoffs… Glad we got over the line & don’t think we should focus on last night too much at all. Two cup finals next week, all to play for. 

Agree with this. Our objective for the season was to get to the playoffs. We've done that we should appreciate the achievement and enjoy our highest league placing in the last 5 seasons. We were never going to win last night and had to rest players so I can't really understand why our own fans are getting on our players back

I don't have much optimism for success in the playoffs and the PCA's we have signed suggest the management team are looking at the Championship rather than the Premiership next season. However with such low expectations that does mean we can go into the playoffs with the pressure off. 

Whilst we don't score many I can't imagine ICT will enjoy the Firhill surface so you would assume the tie will be in the balance by the time we play in Inverness. Perhaps ICT may struggle with the expectation that they should win. If we can get a decent travelling support to Inverness that get behind the team we might just spring a surprise.

I would also expect the game on Tuesday to have a distinct lack of free flowing football and perhaps a game were Tiffoney is best not starting. 0-0 on Tuesday would not be a bad result. The home support on Tuesday need to recognise the game position is not as important as the tie position and stay with the players.

1 hour ago, Dark Passenger said:

Calling our own players "dirty orange b*st*rds" doesn't wash with me.

This was after the initial confrontation and not what provoked him, but c'mon...

Hear, hear. 

The supporter launching the abuse at our players(which they seem to regard as "normal behaviour" - their words, not mine) has been extremely abusive to our players after most away games this season when we haven't won. I understand that there will be frustration at not winning a game of football but some of the things this character says is so far over the line it's untrue and I'm actually surprised someone hasn't snapped with him before now. If football makes you that angry, maybe it is time to do something else with his hard earned cash and Saturday's. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

Don't dare patronise me. Just because a song has been sung "for decades" doesn't make it right. And it wasn't just done in the stadium. It was also sung on the trains to and from the match as well. So don't give me that nonsense. This was a club all too keen to promote the "snowflake" (your word) social justice causes in the name of inclusivity (e.g., LGBT kit). But that obviously doesn't extend to our Catholic fanbase who have to listen to the bit about The Pope. And before anyone starts the "f--- your" vs "f--- the" semantics crap, it doesn't wash. We all know it shouldn't be sung, and that should be an end of it. 

Well maybe we have a different idea of what constitutes embarrassing. I'd say smoke bombs, climbing up the terrace wall, and inflatable willys when you're 3:0 down is pretty tinpot stuff. But maybe I'm just not with it. 

So Foster wasn’t the only tadger full of hot air in the terracing?

Edited by jags on tour

4 hours ago, scotty said:

Why not just ignore them? Especially when you're supporting your own team.

Sport is made more special because of rivalry and football more so.

I wouldn't even bother, if everybody liked each other. Disliking the opposition (a lot), adds extra spice to the occasion.

I don't live my life hating the people who support other teams and have friends from both Celtic and Rangers but for those 90 minutes...........

Who would you rather beat in the Cup Final, Rangers or East Fife?

1 hour ago, CotterJag said:

I wouldn't even bother, if everybody liked each other. Disliking the opposition (a lot), adds extra spice to the occasion.

I don't live my life hating the people who support other teams and have friends from both Celtic and Rangers but for those 90 minutes...........

Honestly I wouldn't care if it was the Scottish or League Cup or even whatever the challenge Cup is known by. I just want to see Thistle lifting a cup, it's been way too long. 

Edited by fifexile

I struggle to understand the animosity of folk towards Foster. He has been a good signing for us and shows a great deal of fight and commitment despite him now probably having a very comfortable life - there is no coasting from him.  He is probably a very strong leader in the dressing room and showed his class by giving his bonus to the young guys last year. 

I missed the incident at half time but when he was walking off after being subbed, I was applauding in recognition of 4th after 36 games, but the guy behind was giving him absolute pelters, something you would never get away with in any other walk of life. I’m personally glad that Foster called him out. 

The last three months haven’t been great on the park but we have achieved our target. Even if we didn’t, I wouldn’t criticise any of the players for lack of desire and I would never have anything against any Thistle player who tried. You can see the frustration in the players that we have struggled to replicate our 2021 form

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Stephen1876 said:

I struggle to understand the animosity of folk towards Foster. He has been a good signing for us and shows a great deal of fight and commitment despite him now probably having a very comfortable life - there is no coasting from him.  He is probably a very strong leader in the dressing room and showed his class by giving his bonus to the young guys last year. 

I missed the incident at half time but when he was walking off after being subbed, I was applauding in recognition of 4th after 36 games, but the guy behind was giving him absolute pelters, something you would never get away with in any other walk of life. I’m personally glad that Foster called him out. 

The last three months haven’t been great on the park but we have achieved our target. Even if we didn’t, I wouldn’t criticise any of the players for lack of desire and I would never have anything against any Thistle player who tried. You can see the frustration in the players that we have struggled to replicate our 2021 form

Agree. Fans who personally abuse players deserve to be confronted. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, CotterJag said:

Whichever one we were playing. But I wouldn't be shouting about Rangers if we were playing East Fife.

5 hours ago, laukat said:

Agree with this. Our objective for the season was to get to the playoffs. We've done that we should appreciate the achievement and enjoy our highest league placing in the last 5 seasons. We were never going to win last night and had to rest players so I can't really understand why our own fans are getting on our players back

I don't have much optimism for success in the playoffs and the PCA's we have signed suggest the management team are looking at the Championship rather than the Premiership next season. However with such low expectations that does mean we can go into the playoffs with the pressure off. 

Whilst we don't score many I can't imagine ICT will enjoy the Firhill surface so you would assume the tie will be in the balance by the time we play in Inverness. Perhaps ICT may struggle with the expectation that they should win. If we can get a decent travelling support to Inverness that get behind the team we might just spring a surprise.

I would also expect the game on Tuesday to have a distinct lack of free flowing football and perhaps a game were Tiffoney is best not starting. 0-0 on Tuesday would not be a bad result. The home support on Tuesday need to recognise the game position is not as important as the tie position and stay with the players.

That's a good point about our highest placing in the past 5 seasons. The tremendous number of shut-outs is another positive. I reckon the dismay among a lot of fans (me included) is due to the dreadful performances and results in the past two months that saw us miserably fail to take advantage of our games in hand and fall right out of the race to finish as league winners. That, and the total ineffectiveness of our midfielders and  forwards rise to score more than a maximum of one goal per game, or even to score at all in many of them.

It would take pretty much a miracle for this Thistle team to get promoted now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Jaggernaut said:

That's a good point about our highest placing in the past 5 seasons. The tremendous number of shut-outs is another positive. I reckon the dismay among a lot of fans (me included) is due to the dreadful performances and results in the past two months that saw us miserably fail to take advantage of our games in hand and fall right out of the race to finish as league winners. That, and the total ineffectiveness of our midfielders and  forwards rise to score more than a maximum of one goal per game, or even to score at all in many of them.

It would take pretty much a miracle for this Thistle team to get promoted now.

I also have been disappointed with the way the regular season has ended, but I wouldn’t say a miracle is needed. It’s potentially 3 cup ties and anything can happen - a wee bit of luck, or a return to pre mud bath form. 
We are starting from scratch again.

5 hours ago, G SUS said:

Hear, hear. 

The supporter launching the abuse at our players(which they seem to regard as "normal behaviour" - their words, not mine) has been extremely abusive to our players after most away games this season when we haven't won. I understand that there will be frustration at not winning a game of football but some of the things this character says is so far over the line it's untrue and I'm actually surprised someone hasn't snapped with him before now. If football makes you that angry, maybe it is time to do something else with his hard earned cash and Saturday's. 

I’ve just seen the video of the initial provocation as the team went out for the 2nd half - deary me not good at all and puts some colour into RF’s reaction post match.

The fan hurling abuse/wanting a square go with one of the players and the one who was shouting the sectarian bile have disrespected the club. I hope that they are seriously reflecting on their behaviour today and don’t show their faces around the ground this season. Perhaps it is they who should be issuing an apology today.