Sign in to follow this  
denismcquadeno.eleven

Subbuteo

2 hours ago, one banana said:

Recognise this team?

F37D5509-3A0F-40C4-A81D-594BE71E327F.jpeg

Subbuteo does absolutely nothing for me   :bag: but I can appreciate the craft in this.

1 hour ago, one banana said:

Thanks everyone for your interest. Continuing the theme…..

CA339B6D-27FE-49E9-AF24-0A83A4D669FA.jpeg

These are SO good, with amazing attention to detail. I love the way some of them are set alongside the actual photograph of the ‘moment’ the Subbuteo figures are mimicking. Wonderful! That day was one of the best and it’s great to see this match being captured like this!

On 4/29/2022 at 3:14 PM, Jaggernaut said:

Had one of those, and also one of the plastic tables with players standing in little indentations, attached by a spring. So when the ball fell into an indentation and therefore  at the player's spring feet, you could bend him back and then ping the ball somewhere, and if you were skillful/lucky it would be a defence-splitting pass to another one of your players.

We had this as kids, with wooden surround but used a steel ball (don't think that was the original). If you bent the player back and held the steel ball in place you could send in a rocket shot, as per "Hot Shot Hamish"!
You could also fire it at your wee brother or sister :D

Edited by Aliballibee

25 minutes ago, Aliballibee said:

Love these - I'm guessing the blue keeper had a wee repair with the angle?  :worship:

Actually no, the blue keeper is in perfect condition however I see what you mean . The angle is definately different from the green keeper but it looks like that 's the way it was made :thumbsup2:

2 hours ago, Camallain said:

Actually no, the blue keeper is in perfect condition however I see what you mean . The angle is definately different from the green keeper but it looks like that 's the way it was made :thumbsup2:

3 hours ago, Aliballibee said:

Love these - I'm guessing the blue keeper had a wee repair with the angle?  :worship:

I think it might be that the blue keeper should be in the slot on the right.

1 hour ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

I played the game in the 60s and back then the goalkeepers had a slightly longer metal ‘stick’. The shorter plastic one came later.

The plastic rod was released 1969, as was 21st Century Schizoid Man. Two huge evolutionary leaps for mankind.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

The plastic rod was released 1969, as was 21st Century Schizoid Man. Two huge evolutionary leaps for mankind.

You've missed out Miles Davis's In a Silent Way, but I'll let you off!

• Like 1

On 6/14/2022 at 9:41 AM, BowenBoys said:

Ah yes, “The Court Of The Crimson (and Canary) King’” ie ‘King’ Arthur (Duncan) in his kingdom (Firhill)….Lord Of The Left Wing! ”Oh, I Wept” (Free) when he left at the end of that year, seduced by the attractions (not Elvis C’s band) of “Easter” (Patti Smith) Road. But I “Remember” (Free) him with (Floy) Joy (Supremes). He certainly left ‘The Jags’ (punk band!) to carry a “Heavy Load” (Free). They tried to “Carry That Weight” (Beatles) but it led to “Desolation Row” (Bob Dylan) ie relegation to the Second (not much…Joy) Division. Luckily at the end of the following “Season (Of The Witch) (Donovan), it was “Up, Up And Away.” (Fifth Dimension)!!! This just goes to prove there’s “(White) Light/ (White Heat)” (Velvet Underground) even at the end of the darkest “Tunnel (Of Love)” (Bruce Springsteen or Dire Straits). “Oh, Happy Day!” (Edwin Hawkins Singers)!

Edited by denismcquadeno.eleven

18 hours ago, Camallain said:

Over 50 years old !No description available.

Those are great. I’m just waiting for my 2013 promotion winning team to arrive. Especially commissioned through the same folk as @one banana used for hers. Shaggy in shorts on the touchline etc 

45 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I would be a lot more stable with a stick up my bahooki. 

:shok:

50 minutes ago, Garscube Road End 2 said:

I would be a lot more stable with a stick up my bahooki. 

You would be able to pivot for sure 

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, BowenBoys said:

Nearly forgot I had this set. Goalie wears green top, bendy metal pole *

* not a smutty innuendo 

82F61C7D-4436-4256-A4BB-B64D3BFB0613.jpeg

Edited by sandy
  • Like 1

Some guys have truly amazing, historical Jags-related stuff! I love all of that stuff above.

I guess my star item (sorry, ain't got a photie) is the original 1920-21 PTFC handbook. As you may know, that was a rather tasty year in our history.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Jaggernaut said:

Some guys have truly amazing, historical Jags-related stuff! I love all of that stuff above.

I guess my star item (sorry, ain't got a photie) is the original 1920-21 PTFC handbook. As you may know, that was a rather tasty year in our history.

You need to look after that, very carefully!

3 hours ago, denismcquadeno.eleven said:

You need to look after that, very carefully!

Indeed. Got a few other handbook oldies too, I think. 20s and 30s.

On 6/14/2022 at 1:31 PM, sandy said:

Those are great. I’m just waiting for my 2013 promotion winning team to arrive. Especially commissioned through the same folk as @one banana used for hers. Shaggy in shorts on the touchline etc 

@one banana

BC9E1DB3-DFFD-4189-9188-7D77E70ABC7B.jpeg

A187EB21-D3C3-4FDC-B5D4-D221FA741078.jpeg

Edited by sandy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1