Play Off Inverness

11 hours ago, partickthedog said:

Already booked overnight accommodation in Inverness for Friday night, and planning to do parkrun in Torvean Park, Inverness on Saturday morning.

Only thing yet to be decided is whether I wear my Thistle shirt on the parkrun. That will be results dependent.

Why don't you take Alegria's place on the bench as a warm up for the run :head_ball:   That way you certainly get to wear the shirt.

I'll be watching both matches,  following my usual rituals.  As for the bottom qualifier never getting promoted,  there's always a first time for everything.  I enjoyed meeting both AJ  & yourself on my recent Firhill  sojourn.

• Thanks 2

I'll be there. Me and the boy are leaving our usual ST seats in the JHS for the Northy for a change. I'll be sitting down, mind, due to my gammy knee and the fact that I'm a lazy bassa.

Looking forward to a change of scenery.....and results wise....you never know.

Edited by westertonjagfan

11 hours ago, Weebaw1 said:

Can’t believe jags fans aren’t up for this.

I appreciate we’ve been rank rotten since Christmas but this is the climax of the season.  What’s the point watching all season then not being up for the climax?

If Tiff plays we have a real chance. He’s ripped them up all season!

Lets get up to Firhill, have a pint in Tennents, the Woodside or the Botany, forget the BBC and get behind the team!

Definitely up for this and the pint. :thumbsup2:

Even if you're a glass half empty type you should get along and treat it as the last home game of the season.

Don't think anything will be decided tonight. Hope Tiffoney starts but if there's the slightest doubt he's not 100% fit no way should he be risked. He's started games he shouldn't have twice already at a cost. 

Anyone not ‘up for this’ has lost the right to be called a Thistle fan. Feck off with your McCall issues. Feck off with your weird fascination with Low. Feck off with your sectarian shite about the players. 

I’d give my right nad to be there tonight, so, just for me, have one extra splenetic burst at a fake Thistle player, one extra wholehearted cheer for the actual Thistle players, one vein-popping tirade at the overtly cheating ref. Do this for the mighty Jags diaspora of which I’m proud to be just one part of. 

(*this forum has turned me into a slightly maddened happy clapper. )

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Anyone not ‘up for this’ has lost the right to be called a Thistle fan. Feck off with your McCall issues. Feck off with your weird fascination with Low. Feck off with your sectarian shite about the players. 

I’d give my right nad to be there tonight, so, just for me, have one extra splenetic burst at a fake Thistle player, one extra wholehearted cheer for the actual Thistle players, one vein-popping tirade at the overtly cheating ref. Do this for the mighty Jags diaspora of which I’m proud to be just one part of. 

Some rant!

23 minutes ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

Don't know about your sectarian comment. I have never heard any such language from Jags fans anywhere. We are thistle we don't judge anyone by their religion, ethnic origin, colour of their skin. We are Glasgow's great alternative and we judge players by their ability to play football.

The rest of your comment I agree with. Time to put domestic issues to one side, IMC, Low, Fan ownership etc, and get right behind the team. If we can see the early season team we can win these two games and move on!

Come on the Jags.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, exiledjag said:

Don't know about your sectarian comment. I have never heard any such language from Jags fans anywhere. We are thistle we don't judge anyone by their religion, ethnic origin, colour of their skin. We are Glasgow's great alternative and we judge players by their ability to play football.

Have a quick glance at the Ayr thread. 

2 hours ago, madcapmilkdrinker said:

I was thinking more of Father Jack 

Bring it on! On our day we can beat any team in this league, so no reason we can’t get a couple of results. Not been great for a while, but can’t really highlight any bad players, just hasn’t quite clicked for whatever reason, pitch certainly hasn’t helped.

The grass in my garden has grown like mad this week, so hopefully the same at Firhill! Looking forward to it & better than not being involved at the very least. 

9 hours ago, East Kent Jag II said:

Why don't you take Alegria's place on the bench as a warm up for the run :head_ball:   That way you certainly get to wear the shirt.

I'll be watching both matches,  following my usual rituals.  As for the bottom qualifier never getting promoted,  there's always a first time for everything.  I enjoyed meeting both AJ  & yourself on my recent Firhill  sojourn.

Great to meet you too. I was thinking that for Friday night, you could hire a fast motor boat and scoot right up the east coast (remember to turn left just after Fraserburgh to avoid encountering Norge instead). Moor yourself to the Kessock Bridge and snorkel over to the stadium (like the Milk Tray advert). Excellent way to avoid the traffic jam of cars trying to turn right at the Longman roundabout.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, partickthedog said:

Great to meet you too. I was thinking that for Friday night, you could hire a fast motor boat and scoot right up the east coast (remember to turn left just after Fraserburgh to avoid encountering Norge instead). Moor yourself to the Kessock Bridge and snorkel over to the stadium (like the Milk Tray advert). Excellent way to avoid the traffic jam of cars trying to turn right at the Longman roundabout.

Lovely thought PTD.  If I forgot to turn to port at Fraserburgh, missed the Orkneys & Shetlands I'd not end up in Stavanger but in all probability  in the Norwegian territory of Svalbard, watching Philip Pullman's lovely shaggy creatures instead of Richard Foster at the Caledonian Stadium! Regrettably my snorkeling days are long gone! By the time I'd got there, you would have had to send me a text telling me the St Johnstone score :fan:

I have been to the lovely city of Stavanger three times, walking in the hills above the city on the last one. Memorable. I suspect that we will be back there later this year. 

Hopefully the Jags won't have a mountain to climb after tonight.

Just now, Dick Dastardly said:

Not the worst we've played, certainly in recent weeks. Defenses well on top and few chances for either side. 

Tiff is being well marshalled and I thought ICT were unlucky not to get that penalty.

Can’t give that - was being cleared when he went down, very easily.

How Tiff didn’t get that free kick… Ref been grim so far.