Play Off Inverness

I don't see anything wrong with linking Real Madrid to our fortunes.

Real Madrid are the team of the Spanish Royalty and we have already established that both Gerry Britton is the King of Spain and King Juan Carlos is a Jags fan. 

Now if we could just formalise a feeder club arrangement so their best players get the opportunity to test themselves at Firhill..

• Like 1

On 5/4/2022 at 8:03 AM, fenski said:

Have you seen how he's been getting on at Dundee? Proverbial cart horse.

Rudden had a couple of purple patches in between extended spells where he contributed very little. Hate to think what he'd have been like playing when he didn't want to be here.

The limitations of the current team are a related to way more than one player, and have arguably been there from the start of the season. Our midfield hardly ever controls the game, we've got little attacking threat from fullback and a lack of mobility up front.

We live off scraps. I've forgotten what it's like to watch a team that is capable of keeping the ball for more than three or so passes.

Caley weren't great but they looked a much more balanced team than we do. We will have to get lucky to win the tie 

I have been saying this all season about our midfield controlling games. I think, in common with most contributions on this thread, our midfield is too lightweight and Focherty can't carry the physical load on his own.

We need to get away from trying to play through Bannigan all the time as he is too easily dominated by opponents.

Ideally a strong, big, tough, hard tackling holding  midfield footballer (if such a player exists) is what is needed together with 2/3 tall, well built pacy and skillful midfielders, one of who should be able to get forward to support the strikers.

We also need to be able to attack on both flanks and through the middle.

Asking too much probably! We do though need to find alternative to  Bannigan though I would persevere with Docherty and Turner .

3 hours ago, Kingleo said:

Comparing players who play for Real Madrid with our shower of failures is pointless. They are champions league winners. They know how to get the job done. They don’t understand defeat. We are the 16th best team in Scottish football. It’s like comparing rocket launchers with pea shooters

Yes, but RM were playing one of the best club sides in the world, and we are playing the 15th best team in Scottish football. The comparison clearly wasn't about the players, but the situation between two relatively evenly matched sides.

7 hours ago, Kingleo said:

Comparing players who play for Real Madrid with our shower of failures is pointless. They are champions league winners. They know how to get the job done. They don’t understand defeat. We are the 16th best team in Scottish football. It’s like comparing rocket launchers with pea shooters

I wasn’t comparing our players to Man City or Real Madrid(who are equally matched) - just saying that the game isn’t finished until the final whistle. I suppose I could have used Coventry ladies who scored in the 97th minute to stay in their league at the expense of their opponents at the weekend.

Performance wise there’s no reason to moan you can tell we are going for it, the effort on show can’t be faulted. 

Best chance of a goal taken off and replaced by a guy who’s never scored for us I hate football !!!

Edited by Thistle88