Play Off Inverness

P1ss poor performance. Toothless and tinpot. Our recent run of form would have been enough to dismiss most other managers. And our inability to score goals is just embarrassing. 

Time to take stock over the summer. Get rid of (at least) one of our useless Assistant Managers. Then look at players who can actually create something. 

Not many complaints from me for this season. Couldn't criticise a lack of effort over those 2 ties. Consecutive promotions was unlikely. Graham and Rudden were a good combination but I don't think we had any means of holding on to the latter, and the replacements in Jakubiak, and especially Alegria, were a disappointment. 

We did well to cling on to a play off spot actually after some dreaful form, with some hard fought wins. We gave it a go.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, Yellow & Redneck said:

P1ss poor performance. Toothless and tinpot. Our recent run of form would have been enough to dismiss most other managers. And our inability to score goals is just embarrassing. 

Time to take stock over the summer. Get rid of (at least) one of our useless Assistant Managers. Then look at players who can actually create something. 

There are a number of players who should be moved on

Before the season started the play offs were viewed as a success so in that respect it’s been a decent season …. The aim needs to be challenging more closely for top spot next season

our issues are now clearly middle to front and we just don’t score 

I suspect there will be a pretty big shake up over the summer 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

There are a number of players who should be moved on

Foster.. Murray..Bell..McKenna.. I reckon will be off along with Gordon, Mciver and Lyon’s already gone.

Jakubiak, McAllister and Allegria back to there clubs.

Think we will get Mayo back on Loan and I’d be happy to have him. I also think he will sign Crawford permanently wether or not it’s a good signing I’m not sure, he’s been our only decent January signing which is quite sad.

No idea if we will keep Hendrie, he’s been decent but with Holt being able to play left back and Brownlie returning along with the new left back I don’t think we have a place for him. 

Feel like there are reasons to be positive about next season. 

McCall has a lot of work to do ! 

I’m looking forward to next season.. I think Sneddon, Holt, Akinola, Brownlie, Milne, Bannigan, Docherty, Tiffoney, Dowds, look to be a good spine.. and if we can sign Mayo and Crawford plus another 6-7 that could be a team to challenge at the top. 
I’m not sure about Smith, Turner and McKenna.

Think the other loanees can go plus Bell, Foster and Murray. Might have missed a couple.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

I’m looking forward to next season.. I think Sneddon, Holt, Akinola, Brownlie, Milne, Bannigan, Docherty, Tiffoney, Dowds, look to be a good spine.. and if we can sign Mayo and Crawford plus another 6-7 that could be a team to challenge at the top. 

Think the other loanees can go plus Bell, Foster and Murray. Might have missed a couple.

Smith had another Season but he has been my hate player this season. He just brings nothing to the team and his wage could be put to better use. If he stays I hope he has a great season next year, I just can’t see it !

Oh and a keeper, we need a keeper. Sneddon  isn’t good enough for a title challenging team. Who ever said we needed a experienced goalkeeper at the start of the season and I disagreed, you were right. 

Ridgers is nothing like I remember him when he was with us by the way. I done nothing but moan when we had him. Looked great for Ict both play off games.

Just now, BowenBoys said:

The season ended with one knackered, ageing striker plus two loanees with one goal between them. A situation overseen by three managers.

Rudden situation ruined the season for me, feel like McCall was against it but never got to make the decision. It was late and January and we were left with very little options. 

Completely understand what your saying but I’m blaming the people above McCall for that one.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Oh and a keeper, we need a keeper. Sneddon  isn’t good enough for a title challenging team. Who ever said we needed a experienced goalkeeper at the start of the season and I disagreed, you were right. 

Ridgers is nothing like I remember him when he was with us by the way. I done nothing but moan when we had him. Looked great for Ict both play off games.

Without Sneddon we would have been nowhere near 4th place. He makes some errors I agree but if he didn't he would be well out of our price range.

21 minutes ago, JAG1970 said:

You're not sure about Smith!!

He should be off the payroll at midnight

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thistle88 said:

Sneddon is a good shot stopper but he has no presence, distribution and makes too many mistakes. Needs to be no.2 again for a while, though he has potential

Disappointed we got nothing from tonight's game but not too disappointed that we'll miss out on promotion. I actually quite enjoyed the game so it was worth the journey. Two positives for me. Thought Tunji was more like his old self & Turner was excellent in a more central role. Funny that.

1 minute ago, Thornwood Jag said:

Without Sneddon we would have been nowhere near 4th place. He makes some errors I agree but if he didn't he would be well out of our price range.

I think his good saves and errors have probably levelled themselves out over the season, But without a keeper to challenge him it’s difficult. Every goalkeeper we have had this season has been very young.